OGT:Flyers @ Devils

overtime98

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Nintendo classic Bases Loaded 3 implored you in the introduction to 'Play the Perfect Game!'. Well, for the first two periods, the Devils did just that. That makes 5 fantastic periods out of 6 against the Flyers, who looked completely lost and disorganized without Peter Forsberg. I wish there were some way we could face the Flyers in the first round, because with Forsberg questionable this just isn't a great team at all - they're barely a playoff team without him.

Shame Gionta couldn't get 46 - it was pretty obvious from how the players reacted that everyone on the ice knew he didn't get it. Esche gives up weird goals sometimes but even he stops backhanders from the slot.

I'd like to see Kozlov instead of Wiemer in the next game - Wiemer cannot be taking stupid penalties or he is useless. He took one in the offensive zone last game (or the game before, I forget) and the one tonight was totally unnecessary.

I was hoping for a regression to the mean tonight and then Gomez scores a fluky goal. Still, with the way this club is skating, they may not need that humbling loss - still, it would be nice to lose one to see how the team recovers from that experience. They're still not a terrific road team and they'll be on the road to start the playoffs - I can't see them taking the first two from any of their potential opponents.

The streak continues!! :clap:

1-1 edmonton/Anaheim going into the 2nd.... I cannot believe i was actually yelling like a posessed person at giguere to freeze the puck..ahhh save it..aghhhh..anyway. It's kinda nice to cheer for Scotty Neider again, takes me back to a better time.... :P

Pens down the Rag$ 5-3.... Let's go Flyers on Saturday :P

Yeppers... Sidney with a four point night, putting him only 3 points behind Ovechkin for the rookie points lead. Has there ever been a season with TWO rookies getting 100+ points? The only ones I can think of offhand are Stastny and Selanne.

Yeppers... Sidney with a four point night, putting him only 3 points behind Ovechkin for the rookie points lead. Has there ever been a season with TWO rookies getting 100+ points? The only ones I can think of offhand are Stastny and Selanne.

Selanne and Juneau in 92-93. You might have to give up that Trivia Master designation, haha.

Off-topic, but does someone want to tell me what the Boston Sports Report is doing on FSNY?

Damn good question.

BTW... I'm thinking of removing the Klee thing from my sig now. Anyone else with me on that? Him and Lukowich have been doing a very nice job during this streak. It looks like they've settled into the system.

How about Wayne Gretzky(137) and Mike Rogers(105) in 79-80, though Rogers was already 24 at the start of the season.

what would we do without hockeydb?

Mine is staying for several reasons:

(1) Bad luck to change *ANYTHING* during a winning streak. Underwear excepted.

(2) He's been a non-factor. He hasn't been making the big mistakes which made me throw things at the television. But he also hasn't been making the monster plays. Where is that big shot point he supposedly has?

How about Wayne Gretzky(137) and Mike Rogers(105) in 79-80, though Rogers was already 24 at the start of the season.

what would we do without hockeydb?

Gretzky didn't count as a rookie, thus no Calder trophy.