GDT: Carolina at New Jersey, 3pm EDT - NBC,TSN

Don

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm...who are these guys in the NJ uniforms, where did Lou find them and can we keep them?

I will second that one :dance:

Where were these guys on wednesday night when we needed them :angry:

The second period was a mess. And I expect more of it in the third. With the four goal lead, they were throwing out Weimer on the PP, there was a line of Rasmussen-Gionta-Brylin out there for a bit, whatever that was about. Gomez going off for a bit for an equipment problem made the situation worse.

I know what they are doing. They don't want to overwork the guys that are going to have to play tomorrow, plus giving the fourth line guys more ice team means more of a beating being laid on the Hurricanes. But it just doesn't look pretty.

The only thing that kept them in that period: Carolina has been COMPLETELY undisciplined. I don't know if they've thrown in the towel or if they are just being stupid.

Man, I can't find the power cord for my laptop and the battery is dying. Computer is in a room w/ no TV.

I still can't relax......not until 0.0 is on the clock at the end of the 3rd.

Short handed break aways are killing me and I have no nails left. :doh1:

But, this team is proving that they can do it!!!!!

I BELIEVE!!!!

Just to emphasis that point: We had *TEN* full minutes of PP time in the second period, yet we come away with just 8 shots in the period. That's a mess.

Who cares. The Devils aren't even looking to set up a conventional power play - they're basically just killing time. A lot of players are shying away from physical contact and they're letting Carolina have the puck.

Not a bad way to play it here. No need to embarass Carolina and run up the score. No need to get into physical confrontations.

The only thing that kept them in that period: Carolina has been COMPLETELY undisciplined. I don't know if they've thrown in the towel or if they are just being stupid.

Please keep being stupid. please keep being stupid. :pray:

The second period was a mess. And I expect more of it in the third. With the four goal lead, they were throwing out Weimer on the PP, there was a line of Rasmussen-Gionta-Brylin out there for a bit, whatever that was about. Gomez going off for a bit for an equipment problem made the situation worse.

LOU!!!!!!! NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO REST!!!!!!! GET THE LINES THAT GOT IT 5-1 BACK OUT THERE AND POUND THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares. The Devils aren't even looking to set up a conventional power play - they're basically just killing time. A lot of players are shying away from physical contact and they're letting Carolina have the puck.

Not a bad way to play it here. No need to embarass Carolina and run up the score. No need to get into physical confrontations.

If you read my post that I was emphasising, I said I realized *WHY* they were playing conservatively. Especially with the game tomorrow. I was just saying that people shouldn't expect a third period like the first period.

*sigh* 3 seconds and this series is tied. :P

I'm 2-0 on GDTs. :D

So, who do the 'Canes start tomorrow?

First step out of the way.

Let's remember that Carolina came into this game on a 7 game winning streak and that it was ended in dramatic fashion. Didn't that happen to New Jersey in Game 1? Absolutely - point is, you never know how momentum works.

I don't want to hear any claptrap about how Carolina plays a better system or has more speed blah blah blah - they looked awful today, and while they probably won't play that badly tomorrow night, they are a beatable team. This isn't the 80s Oilers we're talking about - this is a team made up of a lot of perimeter players as well as dominant forces like Staal and Brind'Amour. They can be beaten.

I thought Viktor Kozlov had a good game. He was certainly making his presence felt. Yeah he wasn't always making the right play, but the Devils aren't losing much by having him out there instead of Grant Marshall, or so it appeared.