Devils vs. Islanders, 12/30, 7:00 PM

Devilsdude530

:dance: Lets go Biatches! :dance:

That game was awesome. Granted the Devils didn't really get into it until the later half of the second and all of the 3rd. Marty was a rock and made some great saves, though you can say the same for Dipetro, on a few occasions. The post helped Marty as well. The 3rd period turned out to be one of the best periods I've seen this season from the Devils. Martin made a great block on an Islander. Gionta had so many chances to cash in. Elias tried a nifty move to put one in on the five-hole but was stopped.

I don't think I've seen Marty react like he did getting the roughing call from punching on that Islander who Lukowich shoved a bit. Lukowich had a great game. Madden got quite a few shorthanded chances and almost got one those few times.

Overall, a great game. I really hope this brings up the teams confidence and they continue to play like this. Then we can really get something going here.

No offense, but Lukowich was horrible. He turned the puck over a bunch.

That said, WHAT A GAME! As I said in the recap at Battle of NY, "This is the game that makes Devils-Isles a bigtime rivalry again".

I don't like these guys now. Especially Campoli. What the fvck was that shot on Brylin in the offensive zone on the power play?

No offense, but Lukowich was horrible. He turned the puck over a bunch.

Well, true maybe I exaggerated a bit, ;). He did look like White out there.

Yea, this definitely revs up a small bit of a rivalry in the sense and I think this would be more exciting then Devs vs. Rangers. I really hope the next game takes this up a notch.

:hail: MARTY :hail:

I woke up this morning i checked the score.

And when i saw that we had only scored 2 i thought:

" We have only won this game if Marty has stood on his head and shut them out"

And he did, Marty is having an amazing season.

( on a side note the number of people posting in the GDT on the board seems to have dropped, is even the attendance to devils notice boards under threat :huh: )

Chimaira Devil - it was a Saturday night, not many people are posting on message boards....I was home, watching the game, but I don't really like using a computer while I'm watching a game, so I wait til the game is over to post.

I thought it was one of the more exciting games we've had all season...last year, I think Marty would've given up maybe 3-4 goals...but he was outstanding, I'm really glad he got the shutout.

I don't know about you guys, but I think Marty made his case for MVP Saturday night.

That may be true. While one game surely doesn't give a player the Hart, Marty has really come on in the month of December, going 10-3 with a 1.69 GAA and a .939 Save %. MVP-like numbers for sure but Hasek is also posting some unreal numbers in Detroit, so it should be an interesting race for the Vezina and Hart.