Suglobov waived

NJDevs4978

What happended to that kid who had a website dedicated to him and was posting on here before the home opener about how good he was gonna be in a Toronto.

So much for that...

Well, we all knew he was weak defensively. But how a guy gets to -6 when he's only playing 2 shifts a game is.... *shakes head in bewilderment*

Many Leaf fans still say that they got the best of that deal in addition by subtraction. Of course these same people on Fan 590 think the Leafs just need to squeek into the playoffs where they will make a lot of noise.

Edited by Don

And they'd be right. Or have we forgotten just how bad Klee was because the board got to bond over hating him?

Klee was 'not' as bad as everyone said he was, oh he sucked for about the first ten games or so but he picked it up by the end of the season and was better than Lukowich in the playoffs. Seeing the difference in both Klee's and Lukowich's play from last year to this year does give credence to the theory held that it's hard for deadline acquisitions to learn the Devils' system.

Klee was better than Sean Brown and that is essentially who he replaced in the line-up, so in the end I think it was a good trade.

Especially since Suggy is now gonna be working camps in Russia.

I'm not at all surprised.

He hadn't done a whole lot at the AHL level until last season, and even then his play still had warts. Throw in that he was already 24 years old (a tad on the old side for a "prospect")...I just wasn't expecting anything.

Klee was 'not' as bad as everyone said he was

I agree. It's really hard for a defenseman to screw up when he doesn't actually, you know, move.

As for the Suggy waive, does this mean the Klee deal is off the worst Lou trades of all-time list some posters (for reasons unknown to me) decided it belonged on?

<JESTER>