Your Favorite Devil

Quinn

Im new to the site, so i figured what better way to be welcomed by everyone listing who and why they are their favorite devils player.

Ive always loved marty, just like any other devils fan, but this season, ive started loving Cam Jannsen more and more each time he gets out on the ice and beats the hell out of someone. haha

What about you guys?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fave Devils is Lou..because he IS the ultimate Devil....

Other than that, Marty because he owns..all

I like the old school guys, my current fav is Madden cuz he's a shorthanded threat. I dig that!

One of my favorite Devils all time is Alexander Semak cuz he was the man in 93 when I played SEGA on a Med cruise season and whipped up on peeps and shouted Saaaaaa-MACK! when I used him to score a goal. :evil:

Favoritists are Daneyko cuz HE IS/WAS a Devil forever and Scotty cuz he is the best hitter ever to play. :evil:

First and foremost Lou :hail:

but there are so many that have been favorites.

Pepe,Randy Dirk Diggler McKay, Sarge, Gionta, Stevens(see Lindros hit),

Dano,Marty,Johnny Mac,Chico, Parise, Langs,Elias,Cam(just bc he's Cam :D ).

I'll stop before I list the whole roster.

jesus is my favorite devil! :thumbsup:

#15 John MacLean...epitomized what the Devils were back in the mid 80s to mid 90s...a guy who, like the team, fought and scrapped for everything he got.

Kirk Muller said it best: "He's not Lemieux, but he's our Lemieux."

He had three straight seasons of 41 or more goals, starting in '88-'89...he looked like he might score 50 but tore his ACL during the '91-'92 preseason. He was never the same after that.

Well, I love Lou of course -- but there's no warmth there. I dont understand him but I trust his hockey sense. I'd just be a lot happier if I really knew how he thinks. I think he's colder and meaner than I's be confortable with as a favorite.

All-time - of course I love Stevens -- but mostly because he's underrated. I suppose at the end of the day he really isn't but all anyone points to are his hits and his leading on ice... no one ever says what he really does. I say no one can conceive his value so they just sort of give him his due but never fully because they can't say what it is he does -- so he gets underrated since no one can adequately defend any moron who thinks he doesn't bring much to the table. No appreciates how subdued and modest and selfless he is - how can a guy with such a hot head - like a fat Quinn wants a guy to go out there and showboat and take over a team -- but Scotty does what is asked of him - he's very considerate... but very opinionated and somehow things that are maybe sort of offensive and kind of bullying seem to sort of slip out but :noclue::giggle: I dont know... He's just what hockey is all about from begining to end, in any era. He's wonderful :wub:

Favorite active Devil? I don't know -- I like little bits and peices of everyone's game. I have a new favorite practically every play I see. I trust them all. On ice I think everyone's motivation is really square and if you put everything I like about everyone into one hockey player ... it would be Scott Stevens! :evil:

I do think Niedermayer was probably the most talented Devil ever iced. Marty is a close second. :evil:

When I was young.I was a Verbeek fan.. I couldnt tell you much about him as I was younger and never really new what was going on then. I always tell people that I think maybe his name was the reason I liked him. As the years went buy, I liked Claude... and more recently, Langenbrunner.. but Im not really as obsessive as I was.. always a Brodeur fan and a Stevens fan. Kinda like Pando a lot now.

When I was young.I was a Verbeek fan.. I couldnt tell you much about him as I was younger and never really new what was going on then. I always tell people that I think maybe his name was the reason I liked him. As the years went buy, I liked Claude... and more recently, Langenbrunner.. but Im not really as obsessive as I was.. always a Brodeur fan and a Stevens fan. Kinda like Pando a lot now.

Thanks for the background. Also, quoting me made me realize all my typing mistakes... like the not real sentence that started off my post or the word new instead of Knew and BUY instead of BY.. .wonderful!!