Is Elias Irritating Anyone Else?

Risky

This is the first time I've ever looked at Patrick and had the sense that he wasn't putting forth the effort. I don't know what it is - frustration, Pat Burns, or what, but even when he was having problems in the early season, he was hitting crossbars and goal posts and having these highway-robbery saves against him. Now, he doesn't even appear like a threat out there.

I'm annoyed. I hate it when our players don't put forth effort.

He's annoying me as well.

Although he's not dogging it in every game, for example, in the Bruins game he had several great chances that just didn't go in.

But I'd say he doesn't show up mentally for about 1/2 the games right now.

He's always been a slumpy/streaky player.

This time I'm worried. I don't know if it's all perception. He really doesn't look particularly down or anything. But he doesn't look like he's all there.

I've never thought of him in the traditional Euro-hockey player sense and that's mostly because he didn't come from the easier background that a lot of his compatriots did. He always kicked and fought and scraped and wore his older brother's skates and whatever to get where he got.

If he is one of those guys who relaxes once they get their big payday, I'd be very disappointed. Cause that's not the player I took him for.

I'd like to see the spirit. Where's the guy who had fun out there and bleached his hair and shaved someone else's head. Maybe he grew up too fast with the A.

I don't know. But I am worried. And yes, irritated. Cause this isn't the player we know he is.

Elias always plays better when he plays physical.

He seems like he is sulking too much right now to play hard.

He'll either grow up or he'll be out west somewhere soon enough.

I agree on the first point.

But not on the second. It's always deemed sulking when he slumps. But I don't think he's doing that. He's asked about Burns breaking up the line, he says "good call." He has his head up and celebrates with his teammates when they score and looks like he's into it on the bench.

But he's not getting it done though. I'm sure everyone agrees on this. I just hope it's one of his slumps and not something serious.

If they took it, I think they'd give it to Nieuwy...

It might be a good idea, just to loosen him up or tighten him up or whichever he needs, I don't even know. ;)

But Madden is so very future captain material, it's sick!!!

Well, the A would certainly look very natural on Joe, but I just can't see that happening. Seems like it might create more problems than it solved.

Elias and Gomez are being picked apart by us and the media. They are the "big" names on this team and alot is expected from them. But this is the Devils and the team comes before the individual. As long as the team wins and those guys contribute something, whether it be a goal, assist or fine defensive play. They should not be ostricized for every shift.

:wave:

What we need is for one of his team mates to tell the media that (fill in the blank) is the best offensive player they have ever played with. I remember when Daneyko said that about Mogilny two years ago, Patrik complained about getting enough credit and went out and scored 10 goals in like the last 6 games to show everyone up.

What we need is for one of his team mates to tell the media that (fill in the blank) is the best offensive player they have ever played with. I remember when Daneyko said that about Mogilny two years ago, Patrik complained about getting enough credit and went out and scored 10 goals in like the last 6 games to show everyone up.

Along this line... you know what's kind of funny is that whenever someone else takes the team goal lead away... he comes back with a little streak and reclaims the lead.

Freeze has got the team goal lead now...

I expect to see some goals now, baybee!

Elias and Gomez are being picked apart by us and the media. They are the "big" names on this team and alot is expected from them. But this is the Devils and the team comes before the individual. As long as the team wins and those guys contribute something, whether it be a goal, assist or fine defensive play. They should not be ostricized for every shift.

I do agree with this.

This team is winning and so everyone involved has a LOT to do with it. We get kinda spoiled from the other stuff. People do make mistakes, and goals do results. But they're still out there playing Burns hockey for the other 98 percent of the game.

For some reason, I just have a bad vibe this time. Maybe it's just cause I personally want him to do well when I'm enjoying the overall team success as well.

AMEN wcdf...another point tho is everyone gets into funks...seems athletes aren't allowed to but one thing in life is for sure...when the mind is not in the correct place the body cannot produce the desired results...this works for sports and one's physical health :D

The thing that bothers me, he appears to be passing up shots. To paraphrase Bill (The Big Whistle) Chadwick [the older folk will know who I'm talking about]

"Shoot the puck Patty!"

LMAO Rock. I may not be that old but I did watch some clips the other day of the legendary Jim Gordon with The Big Whistle in the booth for Ranger games.

I thought their chemistry was great and heard Chadwick say that famous expression :D !

Just getting to listen to Gordon's calls made me appreciate him. He had such a smooth delivery and was fun to listen to.

R.I.P. Jim Gordon :(

As for Elias, he's gripping the stick a little too tightly. He's awful on breakaways this year. It looks like he's thinking too much on where to shoot.

I agree about Madden. He would be a great Captain.