If You Could Have Lunch/Dinner With A Devil...

LOULAM1

I would love to pick Lou's brain, but I don't know how forthcoming he would be with information. My pick would be Holik.

The guy is so outspoken and genuinely honest he could give you the scoop on so much about the hockey world since he was drafted by the Whale in 89. Claude Lemieux would be great by I'll stick with Holik.

Lunch on a Devil... :uni:

Now: Zach. Please. And make it a sloppy lunch. Like ice cream.

2000: Scotty Stevens. Same menu please.

Stevens..I would advise him to wax his chest and give him prompt directions to PK's house.

Lou..because I think eating with Lou would make him less scary...

Don Cherry.

I forgot about Grapes! :thumbsup: Good pick ( OLD SKOOL ) , Def the most likely lunch partner for everyone on this board to have IMO. I think all ya gotta do is get up there and that'll happen. Dude seems VERY approachable. Maybe when he's down here in Jersey to cover the Stanley Cup finals? That would be cool!!

Don Cherry is my pimp.

Lou(Might take a couple to get him to LOOSEN up)

Pepe(One of the more approachable NHL players )

Holik(I'd have to get over his mousy voice first)

Cherry(good pick Don)

Dano(I don't think I'd get a word in)

Chico(see Dano)

Johnny Mac(He da man)

Doc

Don Cherry is my pimp.

Really?

Don Cherry was never a Devil. Okay, he was a member of the franchise, but he likes to forget that those years ever happened.

I was going to be boring and say Lou but he's been said too many times, so I'll go with the franchise leading goal-scorer.

Stevens..I would advise him to wax his chest and give him prompt directions to PK's house.

Lou..because I think eating with Lou would make him less scary...

But my husband isn't hairy -- I'd sort of enjoy the variety :evil:

Wouldn't it be nice to watch Lou eat a dribbly watermellon - he'd be drooling and spitting out seeds every five seconds. NOT intimidating nor disingenuous. But with a normal lunch -- he'd be so cheery and boarderline creepy I'd rather see him at a GM meeting or something where he'd be a diplomatic dick or see him after I dont know he closed his thumb in the desk -- something where he had to be out of control and act real.

Yeah - I guess Stevens (duh?) btu it would be hard because I couldn't think clearly - I'd just blush talk a mile a minute and giggle and drop stuff - spill food and stuff - I'd make it so easy for him to just sit back, feel my pain, and laugh.

Mostly I'd just want to have lunch with someone honest, comfortable and interested - not just phoning it in. I dont know about you guys but it's not fun when some dude is held hostage in a joyless lunch, afraid to misspeak, just counting the minutes until he can get back to his life. What fun is that? :saddevil:

I think Neidermayer and I could have fun -- I could bully him into being himself - out-Virgo him :evil: so he'd be impolite about his dealing with the Devils - it'd be easy because he's right and I'm right and we both could admit that fact at the end of the conversation. Only Neids could see how we could have completely divergent opinions and both be totally correct! But see, he's an honest guy to start with -- and I just dislike him. :noclue: I could have the grandest time in the world and STILL walk away thinking -- what fun...we really connected and you know, I just dont like that guy :noclue:

Marty... too much ego floating around there - I do mean mine as well as his. What could be fun would more than likely be a stupid pointless one-sided power struggle. He or I would be the freak, depending on the day, I'd wager. Puckbunny freakazoid comment: he only allows himself to be vulnerable on ice so he's no fun.

Edited by Pepperkorn

Shanny. I gotta know what he was smoking when he decided to turn down the Wings and jump ship to the Rangers :hah:

Seriously though, Dano. I met him a few years ago, he's a real down to Earth guy and was the heart and soul of this team for many years.