GDT - Devs/Sens Game II

Don

I can't take these announcers on Versus anylonger. Beezer's okay, but I am starting to feel sick listening to this Cane's idiot. It's like he hasn't called hockey games before.

What's wrong with Langs tonight? He has fumbled passes, mishandled the puck, and shanked shots all night. I love his energy, but he just can't seem to get it together.

Chris Neil or Brian Gionta are my picks to end it this period. :whistling:

Chris Neil sort of ended it. :P

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he had a real bad game up to that point.... a lot of missed opportunities, blown passes, missed coverage. He made up for it though.

I really like his energy, honestly I did. He was hitting, and forechecking extremely well. He just could not handle the puck, he was fighting it all night. He should be proud of the way he hung in there, and I'm glad he got a chance to score the GWG. He deserves it for not giving up.

Awesome win... I swore I saw Lou smile - was it just me? :o

Chris Neil sort of ended it. :P

Yes he did, didn't he...

I thought he had a great game as well - he was everywhere. Awefully kind of him to not get the puck deep though, wasn't it?

OLE OLE OLE! :dance::clap::dance:

Langs with the breakaway game winner to tie the series! What a way to end a great hockry game that went over 4 periods.

Such a stressful game, but the Devils pulled out the much needed win at home.

The Devils should feel very confident going into Ottawa with the series tied now.

LETS GO DEVILS!

BTW - OT - I was in Coles bookstore today and they had a promotion. Wear your Senators gear, get 10% off. I went up to buy a book and the cashier looked at me, paused, and said "We probably should charge you a 10% surcharge." :P

Well played- I think it's clear that when they actually play, the Senators are a bit the better team. Not by much, but we're lot hungrier.

Anyway, at least you get another home game out of this.

We'll have you for breakfast back in Ottawa, but 'til then, Cheerio!

Last post of the night:

Goodnight - thanks for being a classy fan. So much better than the Rags...

Does being better than the Rags fans qualify as a compliment? Thanks anyway

Wow, Jamie literally willed that puck into the net.

From a Sens fan, the post of the day! :D So true, so true.

Trust me, I know the feeling all too well. (See Sens vs. Buffalo any year, Sens vs. Toronto any year, Game six in '03 when Lalime put the puck on Stevens' stick in OT, etc...)

Langs is still my favorite Devil. This type of clutch (thought it bit me in the ass tonight) is exactly why.

Edited by Senators Advocate

BTW - OT - I was in Coles bookstore today and they had a promotion. Wear your Senators gear, get 10% off. I went up to buy a book and the cashier looked at me, paused, and said "We probably should charge you a 10% surcharge." :P

:giggle:

Does being better than the Rags fans qualify as a compliment?

You people in Ottawa have a keen sense of humor :rofl:

Edited by Hasan4978

Figures I was in the middle of crapping when they scored!

I know, TMI.

Now how the hell do you plan to get through the rest of the series? You know you need to watch EVERY game from there now. I hope you have a padded seat. :giggle::hah:

Jamie's post-game interview with the Maven and Dano was hilarious. He says he had a bad celebration "You don't celebrate much when you get a garbage goal, but when you get a good one, you're supposed to do something special."

Stan: "Have you scored any other playoff overtime goals."

Langs: "I've got 4, I think."

Stan: "Really?"

Langs: "Yes, I think 4."

Think? Yeah, right. He knew EXACTLY how many he has, but had to try to do the classic hockey modesty thing. Haha. Character guy, clutch performer, subtle comedian.

I'm sure they'll mention attendance, and how Marty was lucky to have his team bail him out after he tried to play the puck in the third instead of cover it... I was getting tired of those ass clowns on Versus saying that about Heatly's goal. (If Marty covers that they call delay of game - guaranteed).

Nice picture on ESPN - still waiting for the recap. Who says the toughest 8 seconds is the PBR... Try riding Luko!

24e2dbb3-f1be-4331-9e01-6fd5a9298012.jpg

Edited by Motor City Devil

I'm sure they'll mention attendance, and how Marty was lucky to have his team bail him out after he tried to play the puck in the third instead of cover it... I was getting tired of those ass clowns on Versus saying that abotu Heatly's goal. (If Marty covers that they call delay of game - guaranteed).

Nice picture on ESPN - still waiting for the recap.

24e2dbb3-f1be-4331-9e01-6fd5a9298012.jpg

Nice picture :hah:

Great game, had me on edge. :boogie:

Nice breakaway by Langenbrunner, and a great feed up the ice from Zajac. :koolaid:

Matvichuk was awesome tonight, guy was blocking everything with his body, he showed alot of heart out there, and I'm glad he's back in the lineup, he's been a key to our playoff success so far.

All in all, a good game, cept for Marty at the last minute of the 3rd, but other than that he was great tonight as usual.

Bring on Game 3! :fight:

Great game, had me on edge. :boogie:

Nice breakaway by Langenbrunner, and a great feed up the ice from Zajac. :koolaid:

Matvichuk was awesome tonight, guy was blocking everything with his body, he showed alot of heart out there, and I'm glad he's back in the lineup, he's been a key to our playoff success so far.

All in all, a good game, cept for Marty at the last minute of the 3rd, but other than that he was great tonight as usual.

Bring on Game 3! :fight:

Kudos on Baltar ! :koolaid::koolaid: