GDT: DEVILS @ SENS 7pm 5/2/07

Devilish34

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the series sits right now is disgusting because the game plan is so simple. Take the shots, have forwards drive the net. Emery has proven to the hockey world that he is indeed a human rebound machine. All it takes is a forward or two to drive the net and actually put a few of those rocket-launcher rebounds behind him. It's beyond frustrating at this point.

Marty put it best in his interview. When you make these big saves that he was making in the first period and half you expect the offense to build on that and they just didnt. Goalie can only do so much.
Edited by puckrock

At least somebody does.

I don't know. For some reason I'm not scared right now. Maybe its the anger and frustration but despite the fact that this team is in a sh*t load of trouble right now, I still believe in them.

It just doesn't feel like its time to say good bye to the team for the season. I don't know what the hell it is about these guys but I can't stop having faith in them. Like I said, I don't know, maybe it's just the fact that the pressure is gone now. Nobody is giving the Devils a chance now.

Things always happen for a reason. maybe the two days off will be just what this team needs to get their sh*t back in order. One thing is for sure, it will really help Patty and the Devils are going to need him now more then ever

It's no win for him then. If he doesn't play, he gets crap for not playing cause of a case of the sniffles...if he does play and suck, he shouldn't be out there on the ice because he's bringing his team down.

I don't know, after tonight and pretty much the whole season, I don't want Elias as the Captain. He was awful tonight, and if he's sick or injured that's one thing, but you gotta find a way to push through that. Sidney Crosby managed to push through a broken foot, why can't Elias do the same? I hate to bring that comparison into the mix at all, but I can't help but think of a case like that...

It's clear to me though that Patty has more than a case of the sniffles. He's pretty sick- how else can you explain this kind of play from him? I admire that's he's trying to play through it. I'm just frustrated right now like everyone else. And as far as Patty being the captain- let's put it this way: If there is an impassioned speech to be given between now and game 5, I don't think Patty's the one giving it. Not the type. He's a lead by example kind of guy.

The Sens didnt want to go back to ER tied 2-2. Momentum is key. If the Sens would have lost tonight...they would have lost momentum. I still say the series will go 6 or 7 games. Here's something interesting....The Sens have not lost 2 games in a row in 2007. However, if any team can beat the Sens in 3 straight games it's the Devils and Brodeur. Keep you head up Devs fans and remember.....it takes 4 to win and the 4th game is always the toughest to get.

Edited by sensfan101

Questioning Elias when things aren't looking that well is a low blow in my opinion. The poor guy had to fight tooth and nail just to get his life and career back on track. He has done so many good things for this team, has been the center piece of so many of our great memories as fans, and he is trying so hard out there when it's painfully obvious that he is playing sick.

Sounds like a leader to me.

Edited by SickMan

Another tough loss tonight by the Devils tonight guys. :argh: They are so close as Brodeur said in the interview after the game and just not going our way as well as the bounces. The PP is just killing the Devils on the road. They got 1 tonight and two goal posts. Emery again looked shaky but it was the Sens defense I give all the credit too. They are all in the right position to block shots and they are the reason the Devils are down 3-1 in this series. The last two games could have gone either way but the Devils are just not getting it done. I am not giving up here on the Devils as I never do but this team needs to go all out on Saturday for Game 5 if they want to comeback in this series. Brodeur has to be his best, Elias needs to wake up and the Parise line needs to get hot again. Devils need to score on the PP and being on home ice they are better at home on the PP.

This series IS NOT OVER!!! :angry:

Last I saw it takes 4 wins to win a series. ;) The Devils have been in this situation before and did comeback in 2000. I believe they can do it again and someone in that lockeroom needs to stand up and take control of leadership wether it will be Elias, Madden, Pandolfo, Gomez, White or Brodeur who have been there once before has to do it now.

Right now I am going to say what I said and believed in back in 2000 when I knew the Devils would comeback and they did. I just hope some of you Devils fans felt like I did back in 2000 and feel that it can happen here in 2007. :evil:

"ONE GAME AT A TIME!"

"IT TAKES 4 WINS & THAT LAST ONE WILL BE TOUGH!"

:gd:

:evilcry: This loss sucked. I still have hope and some confidence that they'll pull out a win at home on Saturday, but I am certain their season ends in Ottawa.

I think it was wishful thinking this team could go far. Sometimes getting bounced in round 2 is worse than getting bounced in round 1. :saddevil:

The team and Marty are bi-polar and bi-polar different games. The entire team is just out of sync. But no sin in losing to a superior opponent. And Ottawa is hungry and talented. They're going to the SCF.

I don't know what to think about Elias. I just hope next season he is 100% healthy for 100% of the season.

As always LETS GO DEVILS!

The Sens didnt want to go back to ER tied 2-2. Momentum is key. If the Sens would have lost tonight...they would have lost momentum. I still say the series will go 6 or 7 games. Here's something interesting....The Sens have not lost 2 games in a row in 2007. However, if any team can beat the Sens in 3 straight games it's the Devils and Brodeur. Keep you head up Devs fans and remember.....it takes 4 to win and the 4th game is always the toughest to get.