Rafalski to Wings

msweet

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this, it was all but assured he would sign back in NJ. Lou must have dropped the ball or something. Brian was my favorite player, the player who's number I always wore on my ice hockey jerseys.

I am deeply saddened by this, and it still has not sunk in. All I can say is best of luck Brian. I will always appreciate what you did for the Devils and fans, always handling yourself in a classy manner, what you meant to me, and I hope you have a fantastic career.

#28 Will be missed.

Bye bye Brian. The Devils and us fans will miss you. He wanted to stay in new Jersey and Lou does nothing here. :argh: So Brian does back home to a team that I fvcking hate! :rant: The Redwings! :argh:

But he didn't come to Lou with the deal yesterday, Lou didn't even try to re-sign him. This is far worse than Mogilny, at least with Mogilny he had injury issues before coming to the Devils and you figured he'd get overpaid somewhere.

I'm now starting to become convinced Lou's lost it a la Frank Cashen in the late '80's.

yeah a 5th year is insane - i'll take 4 to 1 that year gets bought out down the road. i know that the wings have a fountain of youth just outside ypsilanti, but this is absurd.

lou's offer was probably something like 4-20, if he made one - and it's his childhood team.

it brings up an interesting question though - what in the world is lou doing? what he seems to be trying to do is maintain a playoff team, and that's about it.

Edited by Triumph

I realize, How Free Agents is stupid.Overpay for a guy like Rafalski who will be good for the 2next years,and the last 3 will be worse.

Good luck for your 5next years with Detroit..But it really hurts somwhere.I think this is hurting more than when Nied signed with the Ducks..

as much as its a shock its already been mentioned, the Wings may be the only team Brian would listen to aside from us. He didnt take a discount by any stretch either, he is from the state, hes a Red Wings lifelong fan and this is probably his last long term deal

It sucks but we cant blame Lou for anything all considering, theres a lot to this signing that we dont know.

Its more of a surprise than anything, Im not pained. Such is business.

Edited by ghdi

Honestly No Don. BUT if he wanted to stay in New Jersey Brian was waiting for a contract from Lou BEFORE today, July 1st. Lou never did or at least there is no news of it here. Lou could have least offered Rafalski $5 million.
Edited by Beetlebum

Good for Rafalski. No one here appreciated him fanwise. I'm psyched for him that he'll be a Wing. Oh NOOOOOOO!!! CHELIOS!!!!!!! :doh1: They'll be buddies even Im sure.

Brian can join Dearborn Country Club! Even my Aunts in Bloomfeild Hills were jealous of the club! Oh I'm soooo happy for him! I wanna move HOME!!! :evilcry:

Hmm... what ARE we going to do about our D? :unsure:

Hope ESB is OK with this. She may take it hard :(

Edited by Pepperkorn