GDT: DEVILS @ THRASHERS 7:00PM TV FSNY Radio 660 XM 237

Devilish34

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game...all the way through I was praying to God we would eek out a win. Despite the 11 goals the game was pretty unexciting though. Did anyone see Marty smash his stick when he was walking off the ice at the end?

Whatever Marty gets a win and Elias played well.

GO DEVS!

I was at the game...all the way through I was praying to God we would eek out a win. Despite the 11 goals the game was pretty unexciting though. Did anyone see Marty smash his stick when he was walking off the ice at the end?

Whatever Marty gets a win and Elias played well.

GO DEVS!

I did not realize I'm not the only board person in the ATL. I was disappointed by the lack of Devils fans. I am sure on Thursday there will be tons of Rangers fans. Sadly I will miss the other game we play here this season since it is the day after Thanksgiving.

I saw that. Marty should be pissed. He played very poorly. Our games vs the Thrashers are always an adventure. Nice to come out on the right side for a change.

I did not realize I'm not the only board person in the ATL. I was disappointed by the lack of Devils fans. I am sure on Thursday there will be tons of Rangers fans. Sadly I will miss the other game we play here this season since it is the day after Thanksgiving.

I saw that. Marty should be pissed. He played very poorly. Our games vs the Thrashers are always an adventure. Nice to come out on the right side for a change.

Tell me about it...there are definitely more Thrashers jerseys in Blueland in the last couple of years. Although where I was seated there was 3 Devs fans in the seats to my right and 1 more about 5 seats to my left so I was buffeted with some "home colors". I am planning on going to the game on Nov. 23rd, I am actually flying back from visiting my family in NJ that same day. I hope we can pull out another bizzare win in that game as well. Do you go to non Thrashers / Devils games?

Tell me about it...there are definitely more Thrashers jerseys in Blueland in the last couple of years. Although where I was seated there was 3 Devs fans in the seats to my right and 1 more about 5 seats to my left so I was buffeted with some "home colors". I am planning on going to the game on Nov. 23rd, I am actually flying back from visiting my family in NJ that same day. I hope we can pull out another bizzare win in that game as well. Do you go to non Thrashers / Devils games?

I go when I can. I live downtown and can see Philips Arena from my window so it is very convenient. I am thinking of going on Thursday just to boo the Rangers.

I am glad there are a lot of Thrashers fans though. Atlanta is a much better hockey city than I anticipated.

Is this a coach's decision to keep Zubie from shooting the puck? I don't understand, he has devastating wrist shot,so why didn't he use it? 2 shots in 5 games is not the result of the top 2 line forward. Some guys shoots 4-8 times in a game.

I think the best thing about Sat.'s ATL game is the team actually looked energized and competitive, not perfect by far, but most players seemed to be working hard.

Here's the breakdown as I see it:

Offense - Finally making things happen. The guys looked more communicative and in sync (even when the doors got shut). Puck battles were better as was anticipation all around. A general air of hunger for a win. Lets hope this becomes more consistent.

Defense - Still poor, and at times really embarassing...if the offense would have played as it did in previous games this could have easily been a rout gone the other way. Seemed almost as if when the puck strayed into our zone that shots automatically found their way to the net. Still a lot of positioning issues.

Goaltending - Obviouslly Marty had a bad game, One has to wonder whether or not he is consciouslly adjusting his game due to a lack of confidence in the defence pairs in front of him....or could be just a phase.

Stars - Madden (constantly working - should be considered a canidate for the C), Zajac ('nuff said), Brylin (came through big), Elias (seems to be making a more consistent effort - the results showed up on the scoreboard today).

Results today were the combination of a sustained effort and refusal to quit by the offense, and a large bit of luck (stupid ATL penalties, Offsides calls on oddrushes, Marty's 0:15 glove) that we were able to capitalize on. We need to solve this defense problem ASAP before we start playing within confrence.

They need to play a much tighter breed of hockey.

It feels good to have a win again. :dance:

I didnt get to watch the game this time in full as i had Hockey training myself, but i checked the scores 4 times throught the night:

1) 2-1: I thought this would be our night atlanta is 0-4 and were winning what could go wrong.

2) 2-4 argrhfhbdddddg Typical here goes the game. :evilcry:

3) 5-5 :unsure:

4) 6-5 final :dance::dance::dance::dance:

My thoughts from the highlights:

Patty and Zajac looked awsome as did madden, infact from what ive seen the entire offecne was clicking.

Although i didnt see or hear Zubrus get mentioned, apart from when the Atlanta comentator thought Zajac was him. Zajac is fast becoming our number one center, he has got all the tools to be a great , great player. Patty was on fire his shots were finnaly getting all the way through, hopefully he maintians that high tempo game, and keeps this mentallity.

He has been saying for a long time he needed to shoot more now hes doing it lets hope it stays that way.

The Defence though looked awfull and i think that contributed directly to Martys terrible game. after two Atlanta goals ther was a player behind marty in the crease!!!!! in a few other goals people were in his wasy screening him, or not picking up the people coming infront of the net. White cant return soon enough.

some positives: as poorly as our d played, no Atlanta forward blew by anyone, including kovalchuk, so we are mobile. I agree with someone elses take that marty's trying to find a comfort zone with this d- they got better as the game wore on. all 4 lines were very good. even pelley/sarge & rupp did their part well. pelley hit everything that moved & hard. I thought our pk was very good.

yes marty was frustrated with his play & slammed his stick in the tunnel. weeky (behind him) got a taste firsthand. marty knew he was bad tonight.

holik , being the mouthy one, discounted his own goal & was pissed about pando goal with seconds left. you could see thrashers scared on their bench watching it unravel. this win will make the room tighter.

zajac was great with patty, and zubbie with zach & asham. these are good lines. whoda thunkit. bring on the pens!

Horrible game. We won it on luck. I never thought anyone would be saying how bad the NJ defense is but it sucks now. This game came down to which team was going to suck more. Lucky for us it was Atlanta. When we play a real team we are going to get killed. The old system my have bin boring but it worked and we could shut down the other team. 5-6 our D left the net wide open. Looked like they were playing junior hockey ware the coaches wanted to give all the kids a chance to score. On the positive Elias and the rest of the offence looked more aggressive and the PP looked better. Sorry if some of you think I

Edited by Devilstail

One thing that really stands out about this win is the resiliency the Devils showed all game long. They refused to lose.

It's so easy in a situation like that -- when you know your record is poor and you're down by 2 in a building that you've struggled in for a while -- to just sit back and die. But the Devils knew the importance of this game and that a win was almost a necessity. They continued to battle for every loose puck and the work in the attack zone was great.

Marty had a bad game, but what are you gonna do. It's never heartwarming to see him give up 5 on 18 shots, but you have to put that behind you and look forward. Pittsburgh is up next, so we'll see what Marty is really made of this year soon enough.

It's all divisional games for the rest of the trip, so if Marty isn't playing well you know Sutter will play Weekes.

Just be happy it's 2-3 and not 1-4 right now.

Horrible game. We won it on luck.

Enlighten me.

Well, the point is our best players played well (well all except for Marty). Patty, Mad-dog, Parise, Martin, Zajac, all had great nights.

So far really not impressed by Zubrus...but I am giving him till the end of the year before I write him off completely.

One offensive game doesn't make a new era.

Am I the only one who remembers the 7-6 victory over Toronto last year?

Are you the only one who forgets that no playoff team in the league scored fewer goals than we did last year and in the Eastern Conference only the Flyers scored fewer goals (216 vs 214)? That is not something you strive for. One game where the offense broke out does not mean it is fine.

Are you the only one who forgets that no playoff team in the league scored fewer goals than we did last year and in the Eastern Conference only the Flyers scored fewer goals (216 vs 214)? That is not something you strive for. One game where the offense broke out does not mean it is fine.

I think thats his point...