GDT: Ottawa Senators vs. New Jersey Devils, 10/27/07, 7PM

Devilsdude530

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta give these guys some credit...they are working!

- No glaring stupid Defense mistakes yet...

- Marty is totally on...

- Offense is still trying but needs to get back to the energy of the 1st period.

- Pk is not totally pathetic.

This one could still go either way. So far considering the power of Ottawa they are at least competing.

I don't know if I would be going crazy celebrating a goal off a Sens skate, no matter how good the forecheck pressure...but I gues we have tot ake what we can get!

- Both goalies have played excellently.

- So now we wait.... :whistling:

Gotta give these guys some credit...they are working!

- No glaring stupid Defense mistakes yet...

- Marty is totally on...

- Offense is still trying but needs to get back to the energy of the 1st period.

- Pk is not totally pathetic.

This one could still go either way. So far considering the power of Ottawa they are at least competing.

I don't know if I would be going crazy celebrating a goal off a Sens skate, no matter how good the forecheck pressure...but I gues we have tot ake what we can get!

- Both goalies have played excellently.

- So now we wait.... :whistling:

If they win one of the next two games, which I expected, they'll be 4-8, which is fixable. Did anyone expect the 2nd worst team in the NHL to beat the best in the NHL? Really.

Pros:

- Marty looked sharp, good sign.. but too many rebounds, which hurt us

Cons:

- Crowd seemed silent at drop of puck.. It might be a sellout, however whats a sellout crowd if nobody is making noise? Why doesn't this damn team give away FREE towels for such an event or free t-shirts.. "oh we can't do that, we're too cheap"..

- Sutter. His system is too crappy for me now, Im sick of this unbalanced gameplay from our offense.. And he just worsens it by calling out players and putting together the worst lines possible. Asham on 4th line? Hes been much better than that this year.. Oduya on top line D? Yeah right Sutter, learn to put together lines and get a team going in another way then calling them out, idiot.

- Defense was okay, but not good enough to stop the Sens getting to rebounds.. Vishnevski was great with his physical play.. Martin looked great though.. Oduya needs to be benched for Mottau, ASAP..

- Offense was bad. It shoulda been 3-0, we just got lucky to score 1.. chemistry is not there, we cant get to fvcking rebounds for sh1t on the goalie who gave away so many rebounds at times. Our best fowards who are working for goals is our 3rd line, which sadly isn't helping much since Pando has the weakest shot.

- We need people who can shoot the puck and get gritty to pound in rebounds.. Lets face it - this team cant shoot! Not only are our shots WEAK as fvck, but we miss the net WIDE WIDE WIDE constantly..

Arena opinions:

- Looks nice

- Crowd was too quiet

- Goal horn was just mystifying..... Although i love the goal song

- Ice looked okay, i dunno im not a big judge on ice unless i play on it.

Final Thought: Yet again gonna have a bothersome nights rest after a Devils game.. I wont give up on this team, ever.. But if this team can't get pumped to win from the new arena etc., or at least score more than a goal, then things need to be done before this season takes a turn for the worse.. and it is, fast.. We have Tampa on Wednesday. If we cant beat them, I just dunno what to do..

Edited by nmigliore

I just don't see any team chemistry. Teams like Ottawa get in our zone and "create" plays that look like they have been rehearsed and perfected. We are sticking to the good ole dump it into the zone, or just a rush into the zone and firing a shot from the outside. Then again we have been doing this for years now...