Attendance Thread

pattyelias

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm sure a number will be curious to see how the Nets do attendance wise in their first head-to-head home games.

By the way, has anyone seen the paint job they've given the Byrne? I'm glad we got out.

well, The Rock holds 17625 for hockey games and CAA holds at least 20,000 for basketball games.

if the difference is less than 2400, then technically we beat them

well, The Rock holds 17625 for hockey games and CAA holds at least 20,000 for basketball games.

if the difference is less than 2400, then technically we beat them

If that ain't "fuzzy math", I don't know what is.

BTW, my guess is 13,941... the (former?) hockey capacity of the Times Union Center in Albany. (It was the hockey capacity back in the Rats' early days, but I think they added some seats after the last time the arena hosted a NCAA hockey event. However, these days the Rats only include the lower bowl when listing the capacity.)

Edited by RowdyFan42

If you're going by closest, Triumph wins. If you're going by "Price Is Right" rules (closest without going over), Sammy wins and gets bonus points for actually making a PIR reference with his guess.

It's a time tested strategy, Mr. Fan42. :thumbsup:

I wonder if 13K would have showed up at CAA.

I wouldn't judge too badly given that it's Halloween. Most families would have had the kids out trick o' treatin'.

My first Devils game was 14 years ago to the day. It was an off-site game in Halifax. Halifax City Council proposed that Halloween be postponed to November 1st so that the kids could go to the Devils-Rangers game on Halloween.

13,218...what is everone's thought on this. I'm a little disapointed for the second game in a new barn.

Before I answer just out of curiosity what was the home attendance for the October games last year (after the first two, Toronto as the home opener and Philly on a weekend had to be good draws)?

I wouldn't judge too badly given that it's Halloween. Most families would have had the kids out trick o' treatin'.

My first Devils game was 14 years ago to the day. It was an off-site game in Halifax. Halifax City Council proposed that Halloween be postponed to November 1st so that the kids could go to the Devils-Rangers game on Halloween.

One shouldn't have to choose between hockey and Halloween.

Before I answer just out of curiosity what was the home attendance for the October games last year (after the first two, Toronto as the home opener and Philly on a weekend had to be good draws)?

Nope. About 14,000 and 15,000 respectively last year.

As for tonight, I predicted about 14k so I was a little off, meh.

That attendance figure is pretty pathetic considering they offered all newark schools colleges and what not entrance into the arena for $10 if you wore a costume and had ID. Weren't they also doing something like that more globally for other seats? I know they sent our department head an email yesterday to remind the students to support newark.... but preaching to poor medical students probably shouldn't be their target crowd. Oh well.

Edited by njdevils783

What do you expect? The papers (especially the Ny papers) barely mention anything about the devils. People get into things when the media creats a buzz about it. Look at the NBA. No one would give a damn about it if the papers werent all over it. Until the Devils PR improves, we'll keep seeing numbers like this.

Last October our weekday crowds were between 8-10 thousand. That being said I was at the game tonight and I thought the crowd was around 11,000. I've been to emptier games at the Meadowlands but I still expected a better crowd in this building. Let's see what Friday brings.