Attendance Thread

pattyelias

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it's amazing how many people went dressed up as seats....hahaha JK

Last October our weekday crowds were between 8-10 thousand. That being said I was at the game tonight and I thought the crowd was around 11,000. I've been to emptier games at the Meadowlands but I still expected a better crowd in this building. Let's see what Friday brings.

Well as long as it's a marked improvement over the CAA in similar games that isn't bad, considering it was a holiday and up against the Nets' season opener (and against a good team).

The no-shows would concern me more than the actual unsold seats for a second game in the new building, but last night had more than one deterrent - major season opener and holiday - attached to it. We'll see what the attendance is tomorrow.

Edited by NJDevs26

The only priced seat available for the Toronto game tomorrow night is $95(I did a search on Ticketmaster for all price ranges). All other priced tickets are sold out. Expect a VERY good crowd tomorrow night.

Halloween + Nets Opening Night + Weak draw in Tampa bay = Bad attendance night for the Devils. That's all it was.

Edited by DougieBrown

The only priced seat available for the Toronto game tomorrow night is $95(I did a search on Ticketmaster for all price ranges). All other priced tickets are sold out. Expect a VERY good crowd tomorrow night.

Halloween + Nets Opening Night + Weak draw in Tampa bay = Bad attendance night for the Devils. That's all it was.

I don't think it had anything to do with Tampa Bay, there's obviously a little bad blood now with all the fights that broke out last night.

Halloween was the biggest factor, IMO.

Well as long as it's a marked improvement over the CAA in similar games that isn't bad, considering it was a holiday and up against the Nets' season opener (and against a good team).

The no-shows would concern me more than the actual unsold seats for a second game in the new building, but last night had more than one deterrent - major season opener and holiday - attached to it. We'll see what the attendance is tomorrow.

Don't the Nets still have to pay rent to the NJSEA? Perhaps that will make up for it.

That doesn't mean anything. All the upper level seats were sold out for last night's game on ticketmaster when I checked and I had plenty of leg room up there all night long.

Edited by mjm1

that doesnt matter, you have to go by tickets sold. Otherwise, teams like Detroit, who play at Joe Louis, would report lower attendance numbers because many of their season ticket holders dont show up to non-marquee events. Regardless though, I expect a big turn out on a friday night for a game against a rival team.

Edited by mjm1