Voros

CMONPETEYD

He's doing what Avery did last season: staking himself in front of the net and annoying the crap out of goalies. Tonight near the end of the game, Mike Smith lost it, swung his stick like an axe at Voros' leg. After Smith made the save and stoppage of play, Voros had a few words, and a few punches were exchanged between the two.

We can't allow Voros in front of the net on Wednesday.

I'll tell you, that stick hurt ME from where I was sitting. You could tell that it hurt like hell when Smith swung at him.

How's Weeksey holding up for you guys? Nice win against Tampa. From what I saw he definitely got more comfortable as the game progressed. He's a solid keeper.

Edited by Rangerfans

I'll tell you, that stick hurt ME from where I was sitting. You could tell that it hurt like hell when Smith swung at him.

I did not watch the Rags game last night fully but i did see Voros fall over Smith in the 1st period and I saw Smith take a big whack with his knob of his stick to Voros; he missed though. Unless you are talking about some other incident.. one of my friends, a rags fan, said Smith fought at the end of the game but i didnt see it

I did not watch the Rags game last night fully but i did see Voros fall over Smith in the 1st period and I saw Smith take a big whack with his knob of his stick to Voros; he missed though. Unless you are talking about some other incident.. one of my friends, a rags fan, said Smith fought at the end of the game but i didnt see it

Smith continued to hit Voros in the 3rd period, finally got a penalty called on him, then took a swing at Voros after the whistle.

Circle your calenders for the last of these two teams' meetings - although with Koci gone, the Lightning really don't have a guy who can respond to these things.

Smith continued to hit Voros in the 3rd period, finally got a penalty called on him, then took a swing at Voros after the whistle.

Circle your calenders for the last of these two teams' meetings - although with Koci gone, the Lightning really don't have a guy who can respond to these things.

They have Malone if that counts

And Voros gets a PP goal tonight...

a) First goal in like 9 games.. his last goal was @ Detroit a few weeks ago

b) The goal was far from a quality goal.. a good rush up the ice into the offensive zone by NYR, Voros got it and threw it across (a pass) and it hit a defender's stick and went past Johnson..

c) From what I've watched of NYR, he seems to get a good amount of playing time and plays on a solid line. So him scoring points isn't a shocker.

Edited by nmigliore

• 2 months later...
Speaking of players production falling flat on its a$$, i believe we had a bet on Jay pandolfo.

And at this point all i can say is Ouch LOL

No bet on Pando, only bet I have going is on Gionta. I would have been better off betting on 70 points than 23+ goals at this point. :lol: It's not out of the question still though.

Edited by Devils731

No bet on Pando, only bet I have going is on Gionta. I would have been better off betting on 70 points than 23+ goals at this point. :lol: It's not out of the question still though.

HMMM are you sure (im gonna have to find the thread now)

I believe it was :

I said pando would get more points this year than last.

you said he wouldn't.

If I won you had to donate $10 to the forum, if you won i had to donate $10.

(ring any bells or was this with somone else)

Either way im losig right now.

It sounds like something I would have believed but I probably would have wanted to pro-rate his last year numbers over 82 games or make it about his points per game.

I did say this in response to someone thinking Pando could have a good year because of his little streak last year:

Pando would probably need somewhere in the neighborhood of 208 shots on goal to hit 20 goals and he has never had more than 140 shots on goal in a season.
Edited by Devils731

It sounds like something I would have believed but I probably would have wanted to pro-rate his last year numbers over 82 games or make it about his points per game.

I did say this in response to someone thinking Pando could have a good year because of his little streak last year:

What thread was that in because that sounds familiar.

• 5 weeks later...
still taking the under on 12. voros has slightly less than 2 shots on goal per game so far. a slight downturn in that particular number and oops voros is off the 2nd line because he's not making enough happen.

of course they've 'needed' voros, the rangers have also been winning one-goal games, but somehow around here that amounts to the rangers being good. meanwhile when new jersey does it the devils are terrible.

Voros' pace is now down to 12 goals for the season and considering how crazy hot his start was his projection has obviously been degrading ever since.

Voros being another player I barely noticed last game brought this to mind.

Voros has slowed down dramatically, but given how terrible Clarkson has been this year it would have been nice to have him on the squad so they were pushing each other.

Clarkson really is tough to watch out there. He is the worst skater on the team by several orders of maginitude. I hope its just a sophomore slump because i still think he's valuable and would like to see him improve but I'm not sold on him anymore.

Clarkson really is tough to watch out there. He is the worst skater on the team by several orders of maginitude. I hope its just a sophomore slump because i still think he's valuable and would like to see him improve but I'm not sold on him anymore.

Really? I dont find him to be that bad.. Hes seems to have great puck control and he does make occasional great plays in the defensive zone. I thought hes had a pretty fair year.

Voros has slowed down dramatically, but given how terrible Clarkson has been this year it would have been nice to have him on the squad so they were pushing each other.

What? Clarkson hasn't been bad this year. Actually I would say this year is much better than last season. Last season featured a nice first half and then a selfish second half. This year featured a selfish first 5 games and he's been a nice team player, for the most part, ever since.

Clarkson is on pace for 17 goals and 32 points while still playing physical, being a great presence along the boards, and dropping the gloves at times. That's a really nice year for his role.

Clarkson's skating is horrific and it's a shortcoming but it doesn't detract from the things he has done well in spite of it.

Voros' pace is now down to 12 goals for the season and considering how crazy hot his start was his projection has obviously been degrading ever since.

Voros being another player I barely noticed last game brought this to mind.

That's Voros. Great (though brief) offensive starts followed by pretty much zilch offensively. Did it with the Rats, the Wild, and now doing it with the Rangers.

No one's calling him "the guy that Lou let get away" anymore...that's for damn sure.

Clarkson was horrible last night and has been for the past few home games I've attended. Out of position, muscled off the puck. If you consider his fighting an asset, then you're a Clarkson fan.

he has still been better than aaron voros. i really can't understand anyone who would call clarkson's performance on the season 'terrible'. he's mostly stayed out of the box and is scoring goals and contributing. for this kind of performance you'd have to pay $2 million to a UFA.

he has still been better than aaron voros. i really can't understand anyone who would call clarkson's performance on the season 'terrible'. he's mostly stayed out of the box and is scoring goals and contributing. for this kind of performance you'd have to pay $2 million to a UFA.

That's the biggest difference between Clarkson and Voros. Voros has taken so many stupid penalties at the most inopportune times, while Clarkson seems to be getting smarter in that regard.