GAME THREAD: DEVILS AT PENGUINS 7:30 PM ET

Weekes Head

No, because she respects the unwritten rules regarding how early one should start a game thread... unlike some people. :P

Oooooh, burnt.

But to clarify, even though the unwritten rules are, well, unwritten...when is it considered not too early? 24 hours prior? Midnight the day of the game? 6 AM? 9 AM? A sliding barometer depending on overall anticipation?

These unwritten rules should be written ones dammit!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooooh, burnt.

But to clarify, even though the unwritten rules are, well, unwritten...when is it considered not too early? 24 hours prior? Midnight the day of the game? 6 AM? 9 AM? A sliding barometer depending on overall anticipation?

I believe it's ok after midnight to let it all hang out but maybe the great Rowdy could confirm that

nope! :o

Looks like it's an NHL Network exclusive....

I don't know who has it and who doesn't, but, if you have DirecTV and Center Ice, you're good to go...

Oooooh, burnt.

It USED to be where the Game Thread would be created merely a few hours before the game, there were even cases where the game would start and no GT had been posted it. Now? Seems like at least 12 hours before the game it's posted up. The worst is when people would post it more than 24 hours before the game...I think one was even posted like two or three days before the game. It was a playoff game or something, but still -- that's just nuts. We would actually go in and lock the threads until it was closer to game time, just because these damn threads would be like six or eight pages long before the puck even dropped. Got a LOT of complaints from people who didn't want to sift through all the banter and jibber jabber just to find like one or two posts on that actual game itself.

Looks like it's an NHL Network exclusive....

I don't know who has it and who doesn't, but, if you have DirecTV and Center Ice, you're good to go...

yep direct TV has it...

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/conte...ssetId=P4400078

if TWC does'nt pick it up soon i'll probably scrap cable and go to the dish...

Its actually really boring to be playing the same teams 4 times a season, and not play teams like Boston or the Habs once. I really think they should cut some games out of the in division schedule and have atleast 1 game against every west team.

The Devils will play Boston and Montreal 4 times each this season. The current structure of the schedule has same-division teams playing each other 8 times (4 Home/4 Away), and same-conference teams (different divisions) playing each other 4 times (2 Home/2 Away)

If you were just using Boston and Montreal as examples, then disregard this post ;)

Let's Go Devils!

also, i can't wait until the league does away with the unbalanced schedule. 8 games vs divison foes is too much.

Thankfully, this will be the last year that we will have to put up with it. It was announced a while back that the league will create a new structure and format to the schedule for 2008-2009, with more inter-conference activity.

Now if we could only just get the jerseys back to the way they should be. With as many teams doing the White @ Home for the divisional match ups, that might even become a reality before you know it.