Throw Chris Simon out of the league

Triumph

I just happened to catch the end of the Islanders game - seems like everyone's favorite left wing is at it again. This time, he stomped on Jarko Ruutu's leg with his skate intentionally.

He's been a dirty player since he came into the league (drafted by the Flyers, naturally), and hopefully tonight was his last game. I doubt it will be.

He's actually a decent player and well liked in every locker room he's been in...problem is he's got a murderous temper and doesn't learn. Simon is like the ex-con who Marge keeps trying to give a 2nd chance because he's a pretty good artist and has his moments of sincerity. Simon will have stretches of play where he scores some points, wins some fights, dominates along the boards...then ooops, he tries to kill somebody.

He might've cost his team a point today. 6 minutes to go and he takes a 5 minute major? That's nuts

Edited by '7'

Simon was drafted 17 years ago, he's a big guy, and he never was a great skater. This year he's got 3 points in 25 games.

It was going to be his last year anyway - just toss him. The man has absolutely no regard for others' safety out there, and while I realize the most recent two incidents are on two of the dirtiest players in the league (who consistently get away with it), that doesn't justify his response.

I was watching a game on NHL Network or MSG or something earlier this year. Rangers-Quebec playoff game. Simon drills Kovalev into the boards and catches a 5, when the Nordiques were down in that game and they'd go on the lose the series. He's always been dirty.

I just happened to catch the end of the Islanders game - seems like everyone's favorite left wing is at it again. This time, he stomped on Jarko Ruutu's leg with his skate intentionally.

He's been a dirty player since he came into the league (drafted by the Flyers, naturally), and hopefully tonight was his last game. I doubt it will be.

This guy needs counseling, and permanent removal from the NHL, that was as cheap as I'll ever see....even Avery wouldnt do that.

As someone who plays hockey, I think hockey players forget how easily skates can become weapons. Kicking somebody with a skate is almost like using a knife as a weapon, and Simon needs to be suspended for at least 50 games. For a first offender I would say 10 games, but because of Simon's history, he needs at least 50 games to show that this won't be tolerated.