NFC/AFC Championship Weekend

CRASHER

That game BELONGED to the Giant defence.

Manning played well too, but it was Farve's inability to mount any offense in the 2nd half that was the game breaker.

BTW - RE: Patriots. What I really like about the Patriots is that it's a different hero each and every week. This week was Faulk and Maroney.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking you know I'm not sure I like the Giants coach -- he's mean.

and I got up to finish the dishes and was just thinking what's he going to do if he needs another field goal -- will he just keep running the ball...will he give Tynes credit for the lousy snap? Was it really a lousy snap? Should a kicker just be good enough to work with a bad snap? - then as I was musing Tynes kicked the 47 yarder. I decided that's a good coach - that's so warm fuzzy he had confidence in him. that was a really dear ending to a trauma game! :evil:

Just got back from my friends. We were all screaming out lungs out on several plays thinking the Giants had sealed the deal. Tynes has to be a wreck after those two missed FGs.

Great game, Manning threw a tight game and the defense played well enough to win.

Been 8 seasons since I could cheer for a team in the playoffs!

THE NEW YORK GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!

The team that was susposed to be 4-12, with a coach and quarterback that couldn't win, the defense that gave up 80 points in the first 2 weeks, a quarterback who couldn't go a game without throwing an interception. To all the fans who kicked us when we were down, thank you for the motivation. Whether you like it or not, Eli Manning outplayed Brett Farve. We were not susposed to beat the Bucs. We apperently had no chance to beat the Cowboys. But still, nobody gave us a chance to beat the Packers in -4 degree weather. But you know what, we won. We are 13 point dogs in the superbowl and I couldn't be happier.

THE NEW YORK GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!

The team that was susposed to be 4-12, with a coach and quarterback that couldn't win, the defense that gave up 80 points in the first 2 weeks, a quarterback who couldn't go a game without throwing an interception. To all the fans who kicked us when we were down, thank you for the motivation. Whether you like it or not, Eli Manning outplayed Brett Farve. We were not susposed to beat the Bucs. We apperently had no chance to beat the Cowboys. But still, nobody gave us a chance to beat the Packers in -4 degree weather. But you know what, we won. We are 13 point dogs in the superbowl and I couldn't be happier.

I'm a huge Pat fan, but I give the Giants massive props...not only did they play a hell of a game against my Pats, but to beat the #1 and #2 seeds on their own respective turfs is truly an amazing feat. I wasn't surprised that they beat the Bucs and Cowboys; I picked the Giants to win both games. The win against the Pack really blew me away though, especially the way they dominated most of the game save for that one big play. It's clear that, on any given day, the Giants can beat any team in the league.

I don't think they'll beat the Pats, but I won't say they can't.

One thing Giant fans can't do now is act like they've been behind Coughlin and Manning the whole time. Almost every Giant fan I know wanted Coughlin fired and didn't think the team could win with Eli going into Week 17.

Pats** 21, Chargers 12

*- 1st asterisk is for the obvious

*- 2nd asterisk is for the injuries on the Chargers side of the ball, because we all know if the exact opposite were true (Brady on a bum leg, Maroney 2 carries, and Ben Watson basically nothing more then a decoy) E$PN would be in a state of disarray after the Chargers won, Kleenex would be completely consumed in Bristol, CT, and E$PN would be having a "emergency roundtable" led by the lovers of the Pats*, basically the whole network, to provide the excuses, er, reasons the Pats* lost.

But since NE won, nah, injuries did not matter at all. :rolleyes:

The Chargers let this one get away. I feel for their fans.

Edited by LOTCB

Pats** 21, Chargers 12

*- 1st asterisk is for the obvious

*- 2nd asterisk is for the injuries on the Chargers side of the ball, because we all know if the exact opposite were true (Brady on a bum leg, Maroney 2 carries, and Ben Watson basically nothing more then a decoy) E$PN would be in a state of disarray after the Chargers won, Kleenex would be completely consumed in Bristol, CT, and E$PN would be having a "emergency roundtable" led by the lovers of the Pats*, basically the whole network, to provide the excuses, er, reasons the Pats* lost.

But since NE won, nah, injuries did not matter at all. :rolleyes:

The Chargers let this one get away. I feel for their fans.

If you want to beat the Pats you need to score TD's. 4 red zone field goals is not going to beat them, doesnt matter who your defense is.

Damn...bitter much?

That's funny, where I come from "letting one get away" means having a lead or command of the game and letting it get away. I think the Chargers played hard and played tough (that was a gutty performance by Rivers), but couldn't make the big plays in the red zone when it counted, and couldn't find a way to get the ball back at the end of the game. The Pats came up big when they needed to, on both sides of the ball. And injuries are part of the game and can happen to anyone...Roosevelt Colvin ring any bells? Sam Morris?

But keep putting up the asterisks if you makes you feel better about your perennial footnote of a football franchise.

Edited by LOTCB

Just got back from my friends. We were all screaming out lungs out on several plays thinking the Giants had sealed the deal. Tynes has to be a wreck after those two missed FGs.

Great game, Manning threw a tight game and the defense played well enough to win.

Been 8 seasons since I could cheer for a team in the playoffs!

The Patriots ripped the heart out of San Diego where SD leaves it the most their aggressiveness and machismo. SD talked crap the whole game, even broke NFL pregame rules coming out of the locker room late and running into the Pats who were running on the field. In the middle of it a SD offensive lineman was talking smack at Seymour which was commical. With Brady having a bad game, rumor is he had the flu, the Patriots went to ball-control smash-mouth football sprinkled in with some Faulk dump-offs and turned a mediocre-but-in-control offensive game into a line-of-scrimmage whipping. Patriots offense had the ball only 4 times in the second half, including 3 drives +4:00. Two of those drives ended in the red zone (1- Brady pick; 2- kneel down) and another ended with the Welker TD. The Chargers chatty defense had their chance but came-up as mental midgets when the chips were down. Merriman was a ghost and proved again he's the product of hype and Ray Lewis-esque inflated tackle totals.

As what I thought Sproles was the one player that gave the Patriots the most problems, but Belichek adjusted sending Harrison and Seau in to blitz forcing Sproles to block instead of floating out into the flat. Tomlinson continues to remind us he's only a fantasy HOFer. The real HOFer "LT" played in East Rutheford in the 80's & 90's. Even if he was hurt he just sat on the bench and sulked for the rest of the game when he could have been on the sidelines coaching-up Turner and Sproles.

It will be an interesting Super Bowl as New York and Boston face-off for the first time. There isn't the hatred between the Giants and Pats as there is Red Sox-Yankees. Obviously playing once every 4 years, plus the Belichek connection (most Giants fans still think he should have taken over in 91 instead of Ray Handley) and, the Parcells connection (most Giants fans became rooters of the Pats in the mid-90's) puts a crimp in any traditional "rivalry" so that's saved for the Jets and their "show your hooters" jealous fans.

Edited by mdsieve

You are comparing Sammy Morris to LT...wow, simply wow....

Feel free to point out where I did that. All I did was point out that injuries are part of the game. Guess you're reading what you want to.

You do not think being without by FAR the best services of perhaps the best RB in the NFL AND the best TE in football did not adversely affect their ability to score in the red zone? if the tides were turned, and the Pats somehow lost with 50 percent of the Chargers injuries, I can GUARANTEE you the crying towels would be flying all over the media and with the Pats* fans (75 percent strong since 1993)

The Pats had their share of injuries last year against the Colts. No excuses. That happens. Also keep in mind that LT ran for just 43 yards on 18 carries when they faced each other in Week 2, so there's no guarantee he would have lit it up.

Hey Pats are a tremendous team no questions asked, but personally, I think the Chargers blew this game more then the Pats one. Just my opinion.

If that's how you feel, so be it. If the Chargers had a big lead, dominated the game or simply outplayed the Pats, I'd agree with you. It's pretty obvious you hate the Pats. Nothing wrong with that either. I hate the Yankees, Rangers and Jets for a variety of reasons.

And as for me, I could care less about the so called NFL team I used to pull for...screw em.

You shouldn't give up on your team. My Mets haven't won a thing since '86, and at times have been a complete embarrassment both on and off the field. The Pats, as everyone knows, had a few nice years during the Raymond Berry/Tony Eason era before becoming the laughingstock of the NFL...until Parcells showed up. You never know what could happen, especially in the salary cap era. The year the Pats won their first Super Bowl a preseason poll of NFL GMs picked them the team least likely to win a championship over the next five years.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just got back from a very drunk and thrilling weekend. oooooo baby the Pats are going to the super bowl. Should be one hell of a game. Gotta give the G-men tons of props on pulling that game out. -24 with the wind chill and they pulled off the win. With that said my pulling for the NY area team is done. My Pats are there to end the cinderella playoff run that the Giants are on.