GDT: NEW JERSEY @ Washington Capitals- 2/24/08 3 p.m

eaglejelly

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devs have points in 8 straight! Too bad they blew the Atlanta game but we are rolling and at the perfect time. Marty by far played one of the best games of the season. obviously he kept us in the game. This is a 5-1 blowout if he isn't on top of his game. A lot of positives to taker from this game, however plenty of things to work on- outplayed a bit but a win is a win! Let's hope the Sharks pull out this game against the Pens and watch our division and conference lead increase!

easy game, never in doubt.

really everyone played pretty awfully except brodeur.

hopefully last game gionta plays for new jersey.

mottau was terrible.

oduya wasn't particularly good either.

Pretty much everyone sucked today except Marty, but Mad Dog and Pando did a decent job against Ovechkin. We had no business winning this game, but Marty bailed our asses out again- he was amazing. Not pretty, but I'll take the two points. First in the conference- unbelievable!! :boogie:

WOW! Mad Dog in overtime! :dance: The Capitals took it to the Devils for the first 40 minutes and clearly out played the Devils for the first two periods. Then Madden went off in the locker room in the intermission and the Devils had a 3rd period that they had yesterday vs. the NYI. Over 20 shots again in the 3rd period. Didn't realize it was 7 years that the Devils had the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference(April 8, 2001). :blink:

Nice to get the two points and with the SO loss for Pittsburgh the Devils are up 2 points in the division. One point up on Ottawa for #1 overall. Devils keep going with the winning streak and just seem it would be hard for Lou to make a trade.

Can this Devils team right now go all the way? Not really that sure IMO. Maybe Lou makes a small trade like Rachunek for Lang. :noclue: They are on a roll and there is NO WAY we are going to see Weeks right now so we can stop talking about Weeks getting in for a game. Brodeur will be resting tomorrow and will be ready for Carolina on Tuesday night. It is so close in the division and the conference that we won't see Weeks and like Daneyko said brodeur could possibly go the rest of the season. Maybe see Weeks if their is a cushion down the stretch to put Weeks in a game or two. Brodeur will be playing on Tuesday night vs. Carolina. :koolaid:

This team could win pretty, but more importantly ugly. It shows alot to not be knocked off your own game despite playing at a lower level 99% of it.

The Devils didn't play that bad for the entire game. They were a step behind the first 2 periods but they played a very strong 3rd period even though their D broke down a few times near the end of the 3rd.

Just got done watching the post game show and I have to agree with Daneyko that there shouldn't be much tinkering done with the team. I'm not saying they cant use some help at center or on the back line, but I don't think a major move is the way to go, at least not this year. There seems to be good chemistry with the guys and they just give off a sense that they are a good "team". Something has gotta be right because they have played through adversity this year and they are in first with 19 games to go. I'm all for making a minor move to help bolster the line up but I think these guys deserve a shot to see how far they can go. 1st place with 19 games to go earns that opportunity in my book.

Edited by SickMan

An MVP performance from Brodeur. Simply amazing.

and simply NOT tired. He is doing just fine and he is playing his best hockey of the season right now and with 19 more games to go he will be ready for the playoffs.

Congratulations to Brodeur on winning his 35th game of the season and now 10th straight season with 35+ wins! :koolaid:

Simply the Best!

When you see Marty play like this you wonder if it isn't best to sell all we have in the minors - what little it is - and load for another run while he is between the pipes. You couldn't argue with Lou's logic if that's the way he goes.

I agree. We have to win another Cup or two while Marty is still here. I wouldn't blame Lou for doing that, as long as the deals were reasonable.

I was at the game this afternoon in DC, sitting right behind the goal that the Caps shoot at twice. Marty was absolutely incredible; the speed and intensity of the shots he faced the first two periods were awesome! It appeared that the Caps were playing with the most intensity I've seen all year (we have season tix), probably in response to the awful game last night vs. Carolina.

But Brodeur was definitely the difference in this game; and in a bit of "fan" absurdity the Caps fans in my section were yelling at him "You're old!". That's how good I want to be when I get "old"!

When you see Marty play like this you wonder if it isn't best to sell all we have in the minors - what little it is - and load for another run while he is between the pipes. You couldn't argue with Lou's logic if that's the way he goes.

I agree especially when we do see Brodeur play at his best right now you would want to have key players on the team to make sure he has better chance of winning his 4th, 5th and possibly 6th Stanley Cup before he retires. Window of oppurtunity for Brodeur is closing but not closing that fast. he has at least 4-5 good more years left. Some of these goalies play past 40 so it could be longer for Brodeur. Time and his health will only tell with Brodeur. NOW is a better time than any for Brodeur and Lou should make sure this team gets better come by Tuesday's trade deadline. Good point there SC. :evil:

Brutal game for the 4th line, with a human goalie in net they could've been -5. I would replace Greene with Rachunek and keep Vish in the press box. Brookbank is nothing special but at least he won't take himself 50 feet out of position to throw a hit that may or may not connect. He always seems to make the safe play with the puck too. I doubt Lou will want to rock the boat too much at the deadline, so I think we're stuck with Gionta for this season at least.

This just in... that Brodeur guy is kinda good. :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Just got back from the game and all I have to say is Marty better not pay for a single round tonight. His best play he didn't even get credit for a save with the lunging poke-check of Green in OT. Madden, Langenbruner, Ellias, Pandolfo, and White were basically the only skaters that showed up for the entire 64:00. Zuberis continues to play with his head up his rear end and Johnny Oduya is being typical brutal Johnny Oduya. I also didn't like Brylin's game today as he should have hauled down Semin before he scored the goal.

This was simple highway robbery via Saint Martin.

Edited by mdsieve