GDT NJ DEVILS @ Colorado Avalanche Mar 15, 2008, 3:00 PM ET

eaglejelly

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils Playing real well this game,

VV just prevented a breakaway and hes been solid since comming back, the Madden Lines playing great too.

That last COL goal was completely legit, i think it went off Salvador's stick if not Brunettes shoulder (either way - goal). No way I take VV out of the lineup if he keeps this up. Brookbank, Rachunek and Green can sit

Congrats Marty on Win #40.

It's going to get lost in the win but the officiating was miserable yet again in this game. Very familiar theme this season. It may sound like sour grapes but I have had enough of this sh*t. It's so one sided it's not even funny. It's not so much the calls made against the Devils as it is the non calls against the other team. With the way this game was called Colorado should have had 3 penalties in the first period alone considering the 2 obstruction penalties that were completely ignored. It's nauseating. But what do I know? It's not that much of a stretch that every team the Devils play just plays very disciplined for that given game.

It's Horse sh*t!

Nice win btw.

Edited by SickMan

It's going to get lost in the win but the officiating was miserable yet again in this game. Very familiar theme this season. It may sound like sour grapes but I have had enough of this sh*t. It's so one sided it's not even funny. It's not so much the calls made against the Devils as it is the non calls against the other team. With the way this game was called Colorado should have had 3 penalties in the first period alone considering the 2 obstruction penalties that were completely ignored. It's nauseating. But what do I know? It's not that much of stretch that every team the Devils play just plays very disciplined for that given game.

It's Horse sh*t!

Nice win by the Devils today in Colorado! :dance: Pretty good road trip as well going 3-1. Just a good feeling to win in Colorado after what happened to them in 01. Devils get some breathing room for now. Need to keep this going now at home on Wednesday night vs. the NYR. Devils to finally get over the NYR on Wednesday night!

Congratulations to Brodeur who wins his 40th of the season and his record 7th-40 win season. :koolaid:

Nice win by the Devils today in Colorado! :dance: Pretty good road trip as well going 3-1. Just a good feeling to win in Colorado after what happened to them in 01. Devils get some breathing room for now. Need to keep this going now at home on Wednesday night vs. the NYR. Devils to finally get over the NYR on Wednesday night!

Congratulations to Brodeur who wins his 40th of the season and his record 7th-40 win season. :koolaid:

Random thought: There should be a drinking game where you drink every time Marty says "definitely" during a post game interview. You'd definitely get drunk.

That was a great game, a great team effort, and a great win. Marty had to make fantastic saves again but then again, what goalie doesn't have to make the big saves a few times per game?

We're not the Devils of old after all, keeping teams to well under 20 shots in a game/all outside shots.

ANYWAY I wanted to point out that Triumph was rooting for Patty to be out so you could all see how important he is to this team. Well, how important is he?

I'm not going to lie. He is a hardworking two-way player who's not afraid to play the body and is smart in both zones. His work on the 4 on 3 PK against MN was incredible. But, he gets too cute on offense and it doesn't work all the time without a player that thinks like him, which he hasn't really had since Sykora.

ANYWAY. I think Elias being out inspired the rest of the team to play better, and honestly, if Elias isn't going to score than the team would be okay without him. The bottom line isn't terribly great on defense anyway and most of the blunders are from the crappy defensemen anyways.

Even though he's a fantastic two-way player, one of the better defensive forwards on the team, maybe even third or second, if he's not going to do what we pay him to do (score, which he's not doing the best job of this season) then well, I mean that's what we pay him for. He needs to score goals for this team to advance.

horrible pk,

But nice to have Pando get it back FAST!!

Amazing job (again) by Brody. That man kicks ass.

How bout another undefeated run boys?!?!?!?!?

Woot!!

great game!

gionta really played intense, and the langenbrunner goal from parise/zajak was sic!

Marty is a goalie god...i'll try to post some youtube of the altitude sports broadcasters saying marty is better than luongo...lol! McNab and the other guy were spellbound by marty.

nice to see pelley back, putting in a strong effort in the absence of #26...

oh yeah...there was this rabid fan wearing a christmas tree daneyko jersey with a cowboy hat and a grizzley adams looking beard...lol! He must have been an old school Rockies fan! The cameras kept panning over to him when the devils scored...he was going nuts...LOL! seemed like a lot of devils fans there...

Edited by ice dog

I thought that was Gio's best game of the season. Man, he was working hard today. I'm not sure if this was playing on the FSN feed, but I was watching the Colorado channel and it had this nice piece on Gionta's Hardware Store. Plus the Announcers were singing the praises of multiple Devils all game long.

Great Game today

i still have the game on the dvr...i may be able to youtube that mort wienberger(gionta's) hardware store segment...

i remember the same segment being broadcast on sportsnet when the devils played vancouver.