GDT NYR @ NJ DEVILS Sun Apr 6, 2008 3:00 PM

eaglejelly

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.. he's a fat f'in Rag fan who would get killed in a 15 second scrap with me! I'm shamed by the Dev fan holding up his hands but he realized he wanted to stay and see the the game and probably gave him hell throughout the game... I pray!

I've called out a few Rag jerk in my time and it's our home f'in ice we're defending now so let's do it!!!!!!!

60 minutes is a myth. It assumes that the Devs can get the better of play for a whole game. That's not going to happen against a team that, frankly, we're not better than. These teams are as even as can be. The Devs did sit back for way too long in this game though.

Oh booo hooooo

Why the hell not, if someone told you at the start of the regular season that the Devils would have to wait till the last game of the season to beat the Rangers I'm sure you would have been all , " Seriously. I doubt it will happen"

Enjoy the victory, no matter how trivial.

I agree on the theory that this is the step in the right direction, but only in the sense that this might breed confidence , the performance was nothing to write home about apart from the first period.

The "performance" it looked like, had alot to do with a decision to defend a "3 goal lead". When they had to play later in the 3rd, they played and had chances to win the game, one Lundqvist got and another one Parise should have buried.

BIG BIG WIN for the Devils today. :koolaid: Nice to see things back in order the way it should be. :P Devils with the 4th seed and home ice! It was like a playoff game at the Rock and it was part of the playoffs for both teams as they wanted home and and it went to the Devils. Just didn't like blowing the 2-0 lead and it could have been a lot more for the Devils if they got their PP going in one of the two PP they had in the 1st period. Devils should have had a PPG by Parise in the 3rd period and he was robbed more than once. A win is a win and glad to see the Devils were on the winning side now. Great shot and goal by Mike Rupp in the 1st period and that line has been looking real good. now we just need Parise and Elias going here in the playoffs along with Langenbrunner, Zajac, Madden, Zubrus and Gionta! Devils got the last laugh this game and the momentum in this series come Wednesday night.

Devils/NYR series begins on this Wednesday, April 9th @ the Rock @ 7pm. Of course the two games that are on NBC are @ MSG if Game 6 is necessary.

Game 1-Wednesday-4/9 in New Jersey 7pm

Game 2-Friday-4/11 in New Jersey 7pm

Game 3-Sunday-4/13 @ NYR (Afternoon game on NBC)

Game 4-Wednesday-4/16 @ NYR 7pm

Game 5-Friday-4/18 in New Jersey (if ness.) 7pm

Game 6-Sunday-4/20 @ NYR (if ness.) (Afternoon game on NBC)

Game 7-Tuesday-4/22 in New Jersey (if ness.) 7pm

LETS GO DEVILS time to beat the crap out of these chumps! BRING IT ON NOW! :burn:

Got back from the game about an hour ago (stopped in at Scully's Publick House after the game). Whew! We pulled that one out of our a$$. Had Gomez won the game, I'd been pi$$ed. All in all, had a great time at the Rock today. Can't wait for the playoffs.

GO DEVILS.

:thumbsup:

Happy we finally got that monkey off our back at the last possible moment but would have been a much bigger win if it had been in regulation or even in OT. A shootout win to me is like a tie and charity point to the niftiest shooting team not a real win. But still this counts as a W and I think it was one of the better performances by the devils against the rag$ this season. Which isn't really saying much since we pissed away a 2 goal lead. God this playoff series is gonna give me a coronary.