Devils Legion fan page debuts this month

eaglejelly

New online home created for the Devils' legion of fans

...Ever wonder why every hockey player that's ever been honored at center ice has thanked the fans?

Scotty did it when they raised No. 4 to the rafters. So did Dano. That's not force of habit. It's not some empty token of appreciation written into the script by an intern.

It's because none of this happens without involvement from the fans. Not the cheers, the noise, or the memories. Not the stairwell chants, not the whistles, not the message board rants. Not even the waving behind Steve Cangialosi during the postgame show at the Bud Light Goal Bar...

Great time to debut that. I'm guessing it will be highly censored and moderated, and only the positive comments make it through. Any posts that start with "Lou had better...." will be blocked by their filters. I do like the writeup for it though. Honestly I don't think it will be a message board, rather a place to just post pictures of fans and home-made videos showing how dedicated they are, and maybe something like select comments get posted.

The Titans had a team message board on their site and the first thing that went when the Devils changed the name was that board. It was full of negativity, and rightfully so.

How true. It's never been easy for me to be a Devils fan. I grew up in Jersey, but I lived in a town full of Ranger fans. Since then I've never lived within 1500 miles of the great state of New Jersey and I haven't found more than a couple of Devils fans over the last 10 years. "I've paid my dues, time after time."

What's with all the hate? The team is FINALLY doing something to reach out to the fans and everyone is complaining about it. We complained for years that they didn't care about us.. now they're doing something to incorporate us and people aren't even giving it a chance. This is a whole new ground for the Devils. If we don't at least give it a fighting chance they'll probably deem it a failure, pull it and go back to their old ways of ignoring us.

Why not give it a shot? :noclue: