Holik signs with NJ

Jake

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding?!? The Devils lack of a puck moving d-man killed them all year long, especially in the playoffs. This team missed Rafalski a hell of alot more than Gomez.

Rolston is a good sign and Holik is an ok sign, depending on what other signings/trades Lou makes. But a bonafide #1 offensive d-man is a must if this team is serious about competing for a Cup next year.

I think everybody forgets the fact that Paul Martin was one of the best end to end skaters the Devs had last year and Lou signed him at a bargain rate.

I know Lou likes Bryce's size and hitting, but I don't like the move. 3 mill for a "at best" stay at home dman who has the propensity to get hurt because of his style of play?

Oduya, cheap and not a big fan as he always seems to take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. Yes he's learning, but Mart has a 3 year window right now to win a Cup.

Trade White if you can and get me Smith as I feel that is a nice subtle upgrade. Can u trade White? Sure, as most teams will take him for a few picks and right now that is all he is sincerely worth.

No, no, no and no. Holik stinks and I don't like him. While the Rolston signing is the right person at the right time for the right price, Holik just makes this team older and slower. Many of you said we now have the best 4th line in hockey...that may be so, but it's looking to be the most expensive as well. I don't know what Lou sees in Holik but I hope his judgement is right...I just don't see the logic in this signing.

Also, as a side note, I find it funny that before FA, everyone was screaming for change and new blood. Now, everyone is ecstatic the Devs are "bringing the band back together". Didn't we all give Colorado sh!t about this at last years trade deadline? For me, Tolston works just fine but Holik is a big mistake.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Agree 100%. Don't we have enough role players? We dropped #18, for #16 ?!?! Holik already showed his true color$ 4 year$ ago. I'd take Sarge over Holik for the 4th line easily. He leads by example, he's faster, cheaper, and most importantly... LOYAL. The Devils don't need Bobby Holik, Bobby Holik need$ the Devil$! All this did was make the Devils slower, and left us with about $1m. left in the kitty. . Don't get it, don't like it, don't need it. I'm very surprised with this move. Although with the Boomerang philosophy LL has (Albelin, Terreri, Lemieux, Richer, Rupp, Mogilny, Malakov, Schwab, etc..) I guess I really shouldn't be.

Yes I'm happy with Rolly coming back, but let's relax here with some of the excess joy. Rolly doesn't make us the best in the East or nothing. (not even top 3) Reading some of these posts makes me laugh, as if we signed Heatley or something. Brian Rolston was a SOLID pick up, but let's not kid ourselves. LL definitely still has more work to do. Our offense was the worst in the league. Rolston was a step in the right direction, but Holik IMO was a step back.

*Like BP said, the Avs crashed hard on their face this season with the "We're bringing the band back together" motto. Let's not repeat the same creed.

Edited by Beezer34

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Agree 100%. Don't we have enough role players? We dropped #18, for #16 ?!?! Holik already showed his true color$ 4 year$ ago. I'd take Sarge over Holik for the 4th line easily. He leads by example, he's faster, cheaper, and most importantly... LOYAL. The Devils don't need Bobby Holik, Bobby Holik need$ the Devil$! All this did was make the Devils slower, and left us with about $1m. left in the kitty. . Don't get it, don't like it, don't need it. I'm very surprised with this move. Although with the Boomerang philosophy LL has (Albelin, Terreri, Lemieux, Richer, Rupp, Mogilny, Malakov, Schwab, etc..) I guess I really shouldn't be.

Do you think the Rags want to face the Devs now 8+ games then look them in the eye at playoff time with the amount of size on this team?

I'll take Holik.

Do you think the Rags want to face the Devs now 8+ games then look them in the eye at playoff time with the amount of size on this team?

1. We play the Rags 6 times this season.

2. Is that the new viewpoint in our off-season strategy? What the Rangers think of our moves?

1. We play the Rags 6 times this season.

2. Is that the new viewpoint in our off-season strategy? What the Rangers think of our moves?

"1. We play the Rags 6 times this season."

ok

"2. Is that the new viewpoint in our off-season strategy? What the Rangers think of our moves?"

You didn't answer my question Weezer if the Rags will show up like a bunch of little f'in girls based on the size the Devs bring to the table with LL's recent moves.

They will show up like the girls they are and yes LL makes moves predicated on what the Rags and Flyers do. Also, based on the amount of business that the Devs make playing the Rags and Flyers, yes moves make a difference Weezer. So, from what I've seen on your posts so far leads me to the conclusion that your business acumen sucks.

Edited by LOULAM1

Oh really? What'd I miss? And there's no way Zubie will give up his 16, that's retarted and you know it.

Yea, he will not be asked to give it up. Holik is washed up compared to Zubie. Better players get precedence. Holik will wear 18. Count on it.

"1. We play the Rags 6 times this season."

ok

"2. Is that the new viewpoint in our off-season strategy? What the Rangers think of our moves?"

You didn't answer my question Weezer if the Rags will show up like a bunch of little f'in girls based on the size the Devs bring to the table with LL's recent moves.

They will show up like the girls they are and yes LL makes moves predicated on what the Rags and Flyers do. Also, based on the amount of business that the Devs make playing the Rags and Flyers, yes moves make a difference Weezer. So, from what I've seen on your posts so far leeds me to the conclusion that your business acumen sucks.

Spell leads right first, then we'll discuss business acumen. Until then relax little buddy, go enjoy life. What grade are you in, didn't your summer vacation just start?

Edited by Beezer34

WOW!! I was away from the forum/newscasts/etc for the last few hours. I can't believe Bobby is back. :doh1:

I hated how he left, but I'm glad he's back.

I was a fan. I get to where my Holik jersey again.

Go Devils.

As someone noted, this was a foregone conclusion. Holik was coming back here.

I find it hard to believe, but it's true.

While I think Holik is shot and may not provide us what we want, we do know he will be an annoying ass to opposing teams. I think he can fill in on a scoreline in a pinch and might even be asked to play 2nd line center.

While I think Holik is shot and may not provide us what we want, we do know he will be an annoying ass to opposing teams. I think he can fill in on a scoreline in a pinch and might even be asked to play 2nd line center.

I also think LL wants him behind the bench here in NJ after this year as the guy knows the system very well. I don't think he's shot yet but could very well be his last year.

Seems like yesterday I opened a pack of Upper Deck and grabbed his Young Gun's rookie card out of the mix as a Whale pick. Glad he's back and will protect #30 every game.. no liberties taken!

WOW!! I was away from the forum/newscasts/etc for the last few hours. I can't believe Bobby is back. :doh1:

I hated how he left, but I'm glad he's back.

I was a fan. I get to where my Holik jersey again.

Go Devils.

"Where" your jersey? Jesus, you gotta be joking me. That's worse grammar than getting "too" and "to" and "there" and "their wrong" combined.

"Where" your jersey? Jesus, you gotta be joking me. That's worse grammar than getting "too" and "to" and "there" and "their wrong" combined.

You're kidding, right? (Sorry, I typed it in quick [or is it quickly?])

Edited by 95Crash

The most important role that Bobby Holik can play on this team, is to play on a line with David Clarkson, room with David Clarkson on the road, make David Clarkson move in with him, and teach the youngin everything he knows about playing in this league and mold young David in his playing image. Holik is the sort of guy that can bring David along in a big way if he wants to.