NJDevs Fantasy Football Discussion

CRASHER

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 3/4 rounds to go through and less than 5 days to do it, two of them still over a holiday weekend. Me thinks the last round or two is going to have to go to a live draft to have it done before the Thursday night game.

I'm thinking we should cut the autodraft time down to 6 hours, maybe 8. :noclue:

I agree... yet we should allow a smart auto-picker now (as in you get the topped ranked player of the positions your missing - K/DEF, then any gaps like backup QB).

This would ensure full teams even if your team gets auto-drafted out.

I agree... yet we should allow a smart auto-picker now (as in you get the topped ranked player of the positions your missing - K/DEF, then any gaps like backup QB).

This would ensure full teams even if your team gets auto-drafted out.

I feel no such responsibility yo field someone a complete team if they can not check into the drsft results within the proper time :P

and it should be part of the penalty.... here's your auto-pick... deal with it!!!

It might be time to make it 8 hours though.....

I feel no such responsibility yo field someone a complete team if they can not check into the drsft results within the proper time :P

and it should be part of the penalty.... here's your auto-pick... deal with it!!!

It might be time to make it 8 hours though.....

I think if we shorten the time period, you have to give some sort of crutch...

My suggestion was to make it an unsuspended clock (so a 10pm pick would autopick at 6am), but you wouldnt get stuck with a 3rd/4th qb, but no kicker.

Of course up to you, and Ill make every effort to pick as fast as possible. I have four spots left (which are obvious fills if you look at my roster: QB,TE,K,DEF in whatever).

While I do want to speed the draft up and can handle a faster autopick myself I don't like the general idea of shifting the time limit with the snap of a finger in midstream. People won't realize it's 6-8 hours until after they've been autopicked and then complain about that :P

I say go at the current pace and then turn it to a live draft Wednesday night to finish it up...with any luck we'll only be drafting kickers and a couple of Mr. Irrelevants in the last round and a half by then anyway.

We've gone just under 11 rounds in 11 1/2 days, so at that pace it would be mid-Round 14 by Wednesday night. And finishing the draft then would also give waivers a chance to go through by Sunday's games and everyone time to set their lineup for players on Thursday.

Edited by Hasan4978

I think if we shorten the time period, you have to give some sort of crutch...

My suggestion was to make it an unsuspended clock (so a 10pm pick would autopick at 6am), but you wouldnt get stuck with a 3rd/4th qb, but no kicker.

Of course up to you, and Ill make every effort to pick as fast as possible. I have four spots left (which are obvious fills if you look at my roster: QB,TE,K,DEF in whatever).

If you know it's coming it's not that hard to drop me a PM and say

"Hey when I go I want this this or this guy, thanks"

If you can't do that.... call me harsh, whatever.... I don't feel bad for ya :P

We can also make it that no autopick goes off between midnight to 8am EST as well

That's my thing. I'm usually in bed by 11pm and awake around 6am... I would hate to get autopicked because I chose to sleep so I can, you know, do my job well in the morning.

Job? FANTASY FOOTBALL IS YOUR JOB MATE!!!!

Its great, in my money leauge at work, after market hours we used the giant projection screen as our draft board; and we each have 3-4 computers each (I have 6 monitors, 4 computers). It looks insane...

The sad part is a lot of the guys I work with make more than the guys they are drafting... unfortunately, I am not one of those guys.

Praise be to Jesus!!!

Hey if we can get a full round of picks in today I think we're back on an excellent pace... just up to all the drafters to stick around and we can get this done Thursday morning easily !!! B )