Flyers Didn't Sellout, Either

smelly

I was there - it looked like about 17,000 seats were filled. That was my guess. It was really just the top 5 rows of the 3 sections in each corner, the rest of the place was packed. I was surprised to read that it was just over 15,000.

Posted on Apr 10 2003, 08:34 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was there - it looked like about 17,000 seats were filled. That was my guess. It was really just the top 5 rows of the 3 sections in each corner, the rest of the place was packed. I was surprised to read that it was just over 15,000.

Actually, sections 209, 210 and 211 were virtually empty from rows 14 on up. I was in 207 and couldn't understand why all those center ice seats weren't taken. I would have opted for those seats when I filled out my request a month ago but the form indicated that they weren't available.

I just hope that people show up tomorrow. Its so much better live than on tv.

From watching on TV, you'd never know. Even the lower tier, it seems every fan stayed 'til the end & as we all know, that most times is not the case.

Regardless, I got my Fri tix, I hope it's full & I hope we can spank the bruins around.

From watching on TV, you'd never know. Even the lower tier, it seems every fan stayed 'til the end & as we all know, that most times is not the case.

That's what I was thinking, el. Seemed like a sellout from TV because the lower level seats were pretty much filled, and the crowd seemed very vocal and into the game -- maybe that's the difference between ESPN equipment and FSNY, though, which can kill ANY sound in the arena.

Hehehe, anyone else watching on TV hear the standard "SUCKS!" chants in the crowd following the list of Boston players during the pre-game bit on ESPN? That was classic!

Plus I was glad to not hear any "Rangers suck" chants.

The 7pm start is just brutal, especially for those of that work and commute.

Anyone know some mass transit that goes from NYC to CAA? Otherwise its a trip back home and then to the arena for me...

As sad as it seems, Im not going to shell for a ticket if I have to miss part of the game for a crappy seat.

That's what I was thinking, el. Seemed like a sellout from TV because the lower level seats were pretty much filled, and the crowd seemed very vocal and into the game -- maybe that's the difference between ESPN equipment and FSNY, though, which can kill ANY sound in the arena.

Iggy,

I think you're right about FSNY. I used to think that the CAA was really just dead quiet, but I finally figured out after most of the season, that the FSNY broadcast makes the place seem like a tomb! I got the TSN feed last night, and you could hear when the crowd got into it.

I'm also used to a lower camera placement with the Stars games - it really brings you much closer in to the play, and I find the placement at CAA really seems far away from the ice.

Anyone know some mass transit that goes from NYC to CAA? Otherwise its a trip back home and then to the arena for me...

As sad as it seems, Im not going to shell for a ticket if I have to miss part of the game for a crappy seat.

the port authority runs busses each night there is a game, thats how i get there. one way is $3.50 and a round trip is $7. for the game last night the bus was in between the two port buildings.

the port authority runs busses each night there is a game, thats how i get there. one way is $3.50 and a round trip is $7. for the game last night the bus was in between the two port buildings.

I can't beleive more people don't know about the bus. When I was NYC DevsFan1, it was so easy and cheap. They've never marketed it properly. Even Mike and Mad Dog didn't know about the bus---at least you would think they knew it went to Nets games. All the Giants fans seem to know about it.

Yeah from watching on TV looked like a sellout, even my dad says it looked like it and he is always the first one to say how pathetic it is that they don't sellout...

Only seats there were noticeable empty were the ones right behind the goal and the goal judge. And you know why? Cause of the goal judge booth. Freaken retarded thing. The whole goal judge system is retarded. I can understand the use of him if they used him in reviewing the goal but since they don't the NHL just pisses their $$ away and pisses off fans like myself for obstruction the view of people who actually care about the game and is not there to just push a meaningless button when an off ice official can do it watching the game on a monitor upstairs or something. Idiots..

Count me in as part of that group. I'm working out of our NY office, and I left work at 5, got in the door at 6:30....and barely made the opening faceoff. I hate the 7pm start.

I just wanted to respond to those blaming FSNY coverage for making the CAA sound so quiet....

I watched the FSNY broadcast last night. I thought for sure the CAA was sold out because it looked like the whole bottom tier was filled. For regular season games the lower tier attendance is terrible, even though those tickets have probably been sold to corporations/groups, few actually show up. It always looks disgraceful on television broadcasts, with so many empty seats. What you don't see is the upper tier, which usually is more filled than the lower.

Anyway, the FSNY broadcast probably sounded as lively as the ESPN2 one. There were LOTS of people in the seats and the "thunder sticks" certainly added to the noise levels. I was shocked to read the paper today to find only 15,000+ in the arena! :o

Count me in as part of that group. I'm working out of our NY office, and I left work at 5, got in the door at 6:30....and barely made the opening faceoff. I hate the 7pm start.

just take the bus from the port authority and you will save a lot of time.

The only problem is how to get home from the CAA after the game back to northern Bergen county. It would be a good idea to get to the game, but afterwards I'd be screwed.

The only problem is how to get home from the CAA after the game back to northern Bergen county. It would be a good idea to get to the game, but afterwards I'd be screwed.

buy a round trip then after the game go back to the port and go home the normal way you do. it adds an extra 20 minutes to my trip but i dont mind.