Colin White

devhead17

Nuff said.

I haven't seen him complete a pass to anyone this year. He just gets the puck and throws it away. It's like watching a little kid who doesn't know how to play the game. Anyone know when his contract is up? That's a roster spot that can be better filled with someone (Corrente) else.

Disclaimer: I know he's pretty much blind in one eye.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuff said.

I haven't seen him complete a pass to anyone this year. He just gets the puck and throws it away. It's like watching a little kid who doesn't know how to play the game. Anyone know when his contract is up? That's a roster spot that can be better filled with someone (Corrente) else.

Colin signed a very long term contract last year. Sucks for you. I think Colin has had some good games and some bad games this year.... so generally okay for me.

Colin's best period tonight has been the overtime period... he is really doing well stopping Ovechkin.

Edited by Don

Colin White:

With the amount of money a decent dman is getting today, he's fine. Rip on Gionta as he must begin to put the puck in the net. Crazy.

Yea I don't think Gio will be in a Devils sweater after this season... or maybe even during. He's not a terrible player but he can't score and we already have a couple guys who fill that defensive forward role.

His complete inability to move the puck is undeniable...will only hurt the team in the long run.

Beck, I've argued the same point in the past about White and understand your point. Right now he's a bargain! Can u believe that? White will stay at home, protect Marty and use his body in the corners.

You would not get much in return for him and realizes his role right now which is do not take dumb f'in penalties like Salvatore tonight.

Ive liked White's play so far.. he had one awful game and that was opening night.. hes been great since. Hes being much more physical.. Hes not supposed to be a puck moving d-man, how can you expect him to make beautiful perfect tape-to-tape passes.. He makes decent passes and chips it up the boards/off the glass to get the pucks to the wingers/out of the zone

edit: Oh BTW hes a +4 rating to start the season, so its not like hes on the ice for a bunch of goals against.. its quite the opposite

Edited by nmigliore

I bet you want Sutter fired as well.

Whatever happened to joining a forum and kinda lurking a bit before firing off salvos?

His join date is 5 years before yours. And with just 7 posts, that must be an awful lot of lurking. :)

Colin White:

With the amount of money a decent dman is getting today, he's fine. Rip on Gionta as he must begin to put the puck in the net. Crazy.

Playing on the checking line limits your goal productivity my friend. (said in my best MJohn

McCain voice)

Hes not supposed to be a puck moving d-man, how can you expect him to make beautiful perfect tape-to-tape passes.. He makes decent passes and chips it up the boards/off the glass to get the pucks to the wingers/out of the zone

He's in the NHL...every single player in the league should be able to make a tape to tape pass, it's a fundamental skill.

The probelm with Whitey is everytime he does chip it off the boards and out of the zone the puck doesn't end up on a teammates stick. It goes directly to the other team's defenseman for a quick regroup, and guess what? The puck is back in the Devils zone in a hurry. And it's not like it happens once or twice a game, it's just about every time White touches the puck.

Yea, he clears the zone and plays a physical game, but his puck moving abilities are beyond awful.

He's in the NHL...every single player in the league should be able to make a tape to tape pass, it's a fundamental skill.

The probelm with Whitey is everytime he does chip it off the boards and out of the zone the puck doesn't end up on a teammates stick. It goes directly to the other team's defenseman for a quick regroup, and guess what? The puck is back in the Devils zone in a hurry. And it's not like it happens once or twice a game, it's just about every time White touches the puck.

Yea, he clears the zone and plays a physical game, but his puck moving abilities are beyond awful.

Yet hes a +4? Which obviously means even when hes doing all of these turnovers (as you claim) the opposing team isn't scoring... If hes turning over the puck that much he would be a -4, trust me...

Edited by nmigliore

Yet hes a +4? Which obviously means even when hes doing all of these turnovers (as you claim) the opposing team isn't scoring... If hes turning over the puck that much he would be a -4, trust me...

I'm not talking about his defensive play...strictly about his puck moving abilites. Clearing the zone and moving the puck to an open teammate are two entirely different things. Every time, EVERY TIME he gets the puck he fires it up the boards without even attempting to find an open forward. Hell, I'd be impressed if he even threaded a D to D pass.

Can he clear the zone...yes. Can he move the puck to open teammates? No, he's proven himself to be completely incompetent.

Edited by Beck27

I'm not talking about his defensive play...strictly about his puck moving abilites. Clearing the zone and moving the puck to an open teammate are two entirely different things. Every time, EVERY TIME he gets the puck he fires it up the boards without even attempting to find an open forward. Hell, I'd be impressed if he even threaded a D to D pass.

Can he clear the zone...yes. Can he move the puck to open teammates? No, he's proven himself to be completely incompetent.

Dude--the more you argue the weaker your argument sounds--we all get that he isn't a great puck moving defenseman but he is playing well, has the highest plus/minus on the team so far this year, and most definately isn't a bum.

Colin White is a good defenseman...............end of story.

It was White who broke up that odd man rush in OT against the Pens setting up the winning goal. Heck he even got the assist.

How huge was that?