Colin White

devhead17

White played a strong game tonight. His positioning was very good and didn't make any bad mistakes.

He did? I thought he played horrible compared to his play on the road trip. Did you watch the game? Dallas 2 best scoring chances were give aways by him!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did? I thought he played horrible compared to his play on the road trip. Did you watch the game? Dallas 2 best scoring chances were give aways by him!

I thought he played well as far as his positioning goes. Maybe he did make some mistakes, but it didn't hurt the Devils in this game. he does need to play better.

I thought he played well as far as his positioning goes. Maybe he did make some mistakes, but it didn't hurt the Devils in this game. he does need to play better.

Regardless of positioning, when you make a mistake as bad as that pass to Ribiero, it has got to be considered a bad game for you. Not to mention he could not stay on his feet; it looked like he left his skate guards on at times. SD, it's only a matter of time until mistakes that severe start to hurt the Devils; you can't just ignore errors like that.

White did save a goal at one point with a timely clear of the puck in the crease but overall he didn't play great tonight.

I can remember another play where the puck went behind our net and White let his man go to the crease, and stopped moving his feet. Well isntead of the puck going around behind the net he played it back out in front to the man White let go and it almost resulted in a goal. He was caught looking.

Edited by Cowutopia

This thread is retarded.

White played a strong game tonight. His positioning was very good and didn't make any bad mistakes.

Did you happen to see the pass he made to Ribeiro for the breakaway? That was a nice pass, oh yeah Ribeiro doesnt play for the Devils. Fortunately, Marty is Marty and it didnt cost us. This was not one of White's stronger games. He has played very well in every game since the opening game.

• 5 weeks later...
In fairness to him, we all do complain when new topics are made when there's similar topics out there.

the team has won 3 in a row

OMG WE NEED SOMETHING ELSE TO BITCH ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(how about that for a tag line up top ??? :koolaid: )

Come on. Regardless of the outcome of the last 3 games, he has made a bunch of glaring mistakes.

you're misreading

I was saying people needed to bitch about the dude bringing up and old thread :P

I have heard it all about Colin. He is slow. He can't pass. He can't skate. He can't see. He turns the puck over.

Yet, he is a +8. If his passing and turnovers were so bad, then they are not leading to anything in our net. I'll take a steady, consistent, slow-footed, bad passing +8 over what many others are delivering.

Where is the Elias is a bum thread now? The Gio is a bum? Waiting until they quit scoring again? Wait for a small slump?

I've been waiting for the Parise is a bum thread. Afterall, all he can do anymore is pass for assists. He has lost his scoring touch. He is a flash in the pan. Trade him while he has some value.

Some people here would bitch if they were hung with a NEW rope.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Man I feel sorry for you. Generally anyone who even mentions a players +/- gets detroyed over the next ten or so posts. Good luck bro.

IMO Colin White was a good player.....until his big eye injury. He is more of a liabilty to the team now. I met him a few times at Mezzanote (going back a some years) and he is a great guy, but in the best interest of the team he has to go. I just know who will pay $3.? mil per for him.

Man I feel sorry for you. Generally anyone who even mentions a players +/- gets detroyed over the next ten or so posts. Good luck bro.

IMO Colin White was a good player.....until his big eye injury. He is more of a liabilty to the team now. I met him a few times at Mezzanote (going back a some years) and he is a great guy, but in the best interest of the team he has to go. I just know who will pay $3.? mil per for him.

Don't fell sorry for me. I will be fine. +/- is a viable stat, as long as it is not taken as a measure-all. But, that goes for any stats. However, if you are on the ice, as a defender, and you are allowing even strength goals, then it is an issue. If you have an inflated +/-, either way, and you are a part of 2 or 3 huge goal differential games (7-2, 6-1, etc.), and are gaining or losing major points during those games, then it is extremely misleading.

I keep a similar stat for my college hoops teams, wanting to know who adds to our lead, cuts into deficit etc.. White is still a solid defender.

KC Devil

Anyone who feels that White has been a solid defenseman this season is obviously watching another team or doesn't watch the Devils every game. The Rangers made him look like a traffic cone during the playoffs and the blunders and bad decisions have continued to this season. IMO, it was starting before the eye injury but it wasn't as consistant in his game.

+/- is not an accurate stat to measure player performance. I think it's one of the most overhyped and overrated stats in all of sports.

Edited by SJP20

Another typical Colin White penalty in the 2nd against Tampa. Too slow to get to the puck, so he just throws his stick under someone's legs. In his defense, though, maybe his vision just isn't good enough to tell the difference.

....and a typical Colin White dumb play behind the net led to the 2nd TB goal.

How anyone with any brains can defend this guy's play, i don't know.

Anyone who feels that White has been a solid defenseman this season is obviously watching another team or doesn't watch the Devils every game. The Rangers made him look like a traffic cone during the playoffs and the blunders and bad decisions have continued to this season. IMO, it was starting before the eye injury but it wasn't as consistant in his game.

+/- is not an accurate stat to measure player performance. I think it's one of the most overhyped and overrated stats in all of sports.

I love that ! Like a traffic cone, hehehe. Plus minus is overrated. dont hang ur hat with that !