GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning

Coorslight

Devils with 20 regulation goals in this four-game winning streak. It's nice to see that the scoring woes are being quelled with some kind of consistency (albeit these four games aren't exactly against top teams).

Also, could someone with PhotoShop skills please paste Zubrus's face on a T-Rex? This dude is a DAINIUS-SAUR!

Why don't you just use NJ's state dinosaur ?!

HAHA I was just gonna say that. You need NJ's dinosaur..and as you all can tell I have 0 photoshop skills so I'll leave that up to someone else :)

Just got finished watching the game and wow I was impressed the first 31 minutes! Next 9...not so much. Huge congrats to Zubrus we all knew he had it in him but he far exceeded my expectations tonight. (Must have been the dinosaur...or maybe our new GDT Pic Mascot?)

2nd period is still our enemy and that will be rectified Wednesday night against the Panthers! Let's Go Devils!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's worth noting that the Devils are now .500 without Brodeur, and have played half of their 20 games without him.

Yeah things were looking kinda ugly after Marty went down but the team has done an awesome job getting back on track. 5-5 with all they had to deal with is pretty good.

Props to Zubrus. I'm really happy for him because he takes so much crap for no reason. I'll admit that it would be nice to see him finish more but it's a shame that all the good things he brings to the table and does on the ice really don't get noticed by many unless he gets some points. He's just a smart hockey player who does such an awesome job along the boards. Aside for some lack of finish he has been worth every penny that has been paid to him since he signed here imo.

And like others have said, it really doesn't matter that the teams being played now aren't top teams. These are teams that are supposed to be beat and the Devils are doing it soundly. It seems like everybody has really picked up their games recently and to me that is a good sign that we have a good group here. They're gonna hit some rough spots, what team doesn't, but at least they have been able to build some confidence over this last week and a half. I won't speak for anyone else but I was dreading the next couple of weeks because the schedule is gonna get pretty raw. Now not so much. You never know, they just might continue to surprise us.

Edited by SickMan

Props to Zubrus. I'm really happy for him because he takes so much crap for no reason. I'll admit that it would be nice to see him finish more but it's a shame that all the good things he brings to the table and does on the ice really don't get noticed by many unless he gets some points. He's just a smart hockey player who does such an awesome job along the boards. Aside for some lack of finish he has been worth every penny that has been paid to him since he signed here imo.

I agree, he brings more to the table than what is reflected on the scoresheet.

Man...it's like Bizzarro-World Devils hockey. 21 goals in the last four games. Dainius Zubrus scoring four goals?! Gio suddenly remembering how to find the net. And Elias at a PPG production...please Patrik keep it up! Even those of us who have dared to criticize you never stopped rooting for you, despite what some fans think.

Interestingly enough, even with all of the injuries the Devils have suffered, the GF-GA of the top three teams in the Atlantic are nearly identical:

Rangers: 23 GP, 61 GF, 55 GA

Penguins: 20 GP, 63 GF, 55 GA

Devils: 20 GP, 61 GF, 54 GA

Like Sickman noted, I could care less about the quality of the opposition right now...the Devils need wins and they're getting 'em, in spite of everything that's gone wrong.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:dance: Another win, i thought the overall play was good, i thought we played better in the 3-1 game against Florida, because the team opperated well at both ends of the ice consistantly and the goals that night were amazing.

Great play by Big ZUB, loving that line , long may the points and wins contiune.

Something that I haven't seen anyone touch on...

Regardless of injuries and such, the Devils are FINALLY beating up on the teams they should be beating up on. It's been a huge concern to me for YEARS that the Devils seem to play down to their opponent's level when it comes to playing teams with worse records.

I'm just sitting here praying. I'll be in attendance at the 12/4 Devs Philly game in Philly and the 12/12 home game vs. the Rangers... PLEASE play like this and win haha

Something that I haven't seen anyone touch on...

Regardless of injuries and such, the Devils are FINALLY beating up on the teams they should be beating up on. It's been a huge concern to me for YEARS that the Devils seem to play down to their opponent's level when it comes to playing teams with worse records.

I'm just sitting here praying. I'll be in attendance at the 12/4 Devs Philly game in Philly and the 12/12 home game vs. the Rangers... PLEASE play like this and win haha

Funny you should mention this.

Going into this season, what I liked most about the Rolston signing, and Parise getting another year under his belt, was that I thought the Devils would have more "laugher" wins, where even with a strong record the games wouldn't ALWAYS be coming down to the wire like they've been in recent years (as evidenced by the low goal differentials). It hasn't materialized quite like I thought it would, with a resurgent Elias and Gionta (and so many injuries to key players), but they have had some easier wins this year. It's nice to see. It may not necessarily translate into more points overall, but at least they won't be so mentally spent come playoff time.