GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning

Coorslight

tampa is a third-rate organization but firing barry melrose wasn't that terrible - everything else they've done has been way worse.

their real problem is they have no defense - their forwards do not backcheck.

and i haven't seen dainius zubrus ever get a breakaway as a devil.

Edited by Triumph

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm still skeptical how well we'll play when we start going against good teams again it is nice to see Elias-Zubrus-Gionta get some serious chemistry. Being the second line this year as opposed to the first line last year helps in one respect, but Zubrus looks more comfortable in his second season, Elias has some of his confidence back and Gionta's going to the net again.

is it me or clemmer playing so much better every game

Better than I would have guessed, but his puck control still isnt so hot and he's getting great support offensively and from the D in front of our net.

Devils with 20 regulation goals in this four-game winning streak. It's nice to see that the scoring woes are being quelled with some kind of consistency (albeit these four games aren't exactly against top teams).

Also, could someone with PhotoShop skills please paste Zubrus's face on a T-Rex? This dude is a DAINIUS-SAUR!

I hope Elias-Zubs-Gio stay as the top line! Should be Parise-Zajac-Rolston when BR comes back. Pando Madden Clarkson, then Rupp Holik Clarkson.

Anyone try to make a theory out of the fact that the Devils just OWNED and EMBARRASSED the Islanders and Lightning without Madden?

Devils with 20 regulation goals in this four-game winning streak. It's nice to see that the scoring woes are being quelled with some kind of consistency (albeit these four games aren't exactly against top teams).

Also, could someone with PhotoShop skills please paste Zubrus's face on a T-Rex? This dude is a DAINIUS-SAUR!

Why don't you just use NJ's state dinosaur ?!

Real nice win for the Devils. Four in a row. :koolaid: Zubrus the game of his career with 4-goals. Clemmensen hung in there and the Devils just had a bad 4-minute lapse in the 2nd period, but overcame that to take the game over in the 3rd. Nice job all around and onto Florida where hopefully Clemmensen gets that start as well. No need to go back and forth here with the goalies. Stay consistant with Clemmensen then go with Weekes on the back to back games.

Scoring drought? What! Where? When? :giggle: This Devils team has 20-goals (plus 1 in the SO) in the last 4-games. :blink: finally nice to see them clicking and putting the puck in the net getting the bounces their way.

Who cares who these teams are against. The bottom line is that they are scoring goals. They are not relying on Parise. Elias is playing his best string of games since he came back in 2006. He has 11 points in 5 games. Zubrus is finally starting to score. Gionta is playing his best hockey too.

What else? Clarkson has really turned it on. We are finally seeing the defense come up with some offense with goals from Martin and Salvador. Salmela is really coming into his onw as well.

And why do I say who cares. Because I'm the guy who was complaining that we were winning 2-1 and 1-0 against teams like Atlanta and the Islanders. Now we're scoring 5 against them, and we are doing it without Marty when we need to score 6 goals (against the Caps) and 4 goals (tonight) to win games. We are taking so much pressure off Weekes and Clemmer in the process and making their jobs so much easier.

And you know what...we should have so many more goals. How many times have Parise and Langenbrunner been robbed in the last few games? Theodore made 10 incredible saves against us in the home-and-home.

Glad we finally got some chemistry between Elias-Zubrus-Gionta. The 3 of them have more points combined in the last 5 games than they have had the rest of the games.

Who cares who these teams are against. The bottom line is that they are scoring goals. They are not relying on Parise. Elias is playing his best string of games since he came back in 2006. He has 11 points in 5 games. Zubrus is finally starting to score. Gionta is playing his best hockey too.

What else? Clarkson has really turned it on. We are finally seeing the defense come up with some offense with goals from Martin and Salvador. Salmela is really coming into his onw as well.

And why do I say who cares. Because I'm the guy who was complaining that we were winning 2-1 and 1-0 against teams like Atlanta and the Islanders. Now we're scoring 5 against them, and we are doing it without Marty when we need to score 6 goals (against the Caps) and 4 goals (tonight) to win games. We are taking so much pressure off Weekes and Clemmer in the process and making their jobs so much easier.

And you know what...we should have so many more goals. How many times have Parise and Langenbrunner been robbed in the last few games? Theodore made 10 incredible saves against us in the home-and-home.

Glad we finally got some chemistry between Elias-Zubrus-Gionta. The 3 of them have more points combined in the last 5 games than they have had the rest of the games.

Well said the confidence is building without Marty.

I totally agree, dr33.

Honestly, I felt this early rash of injuries had the potential to be a positive thing. Without Marty, the team is forced to score goals rather than score one and rely on No. 30 for the rest. Without Rolston, the guys who have been here have to prove that they can get it done without some kind of savior in the form of an offseason pickup. And besides, all great seasons are born from some variety of adversity. This team has been dealt more than a season's worth of hardship in the first month of the campaign. They can emerge from this stronger and more confident than ever (not to mention with an extremely well-rested Mr. Brodeur).

Amen CoorsLight...clear your schedule, you gon' be a busy man for awhile.

We're actually tied for fifth in goals in the east, though. Still, not bad considering we're essentially the same team as last year.

First time I have liked anything related to Coors Light.

Honestly, I felt this early rash of injuries had the potential to be a positive thing. Without Marty, the team is forced to score goals rather than score one and rely on No. 30 for the rest. Without Rolston, the guys who have been here have to prove that they can get it done without some kind of savior in the form of an offseason pickup. And besides, all great seasons are born from some variety of adversity. This team has been dealt more than a season's worth of hardship in the first month of the campaign. They can emerge from this stronger and more confident than ever (not to mention with an extremely well-rested Mr. Brodeur).

QFT.