So .... who sits?

DaneykoIsGod

Shanahan is 40 years old and hasn't played or gone through an NHL practice all year, he's not going to play immediately after one practice.

I could see them activating him for the Montreal game to sell more tickets, but I wouldn't be shocked if after the All-Star break is the real target date, to give him that much more time to get into game shape.

There were articles and reports (TG, Chere etc.) saying that Shanahan could join the Devils of Friday in Columbus and there is a possibility of him playing on Saturday in LI vs. the NYI. Steve Cangelosi and Chico were talking about Shanahan after the Devils game (don't remember which game LA or Anaheim) that he is joining the team on Friday in Columbus and he could maybe play on Saturday vs. the NYI.

IMO, I think he may need more time, but the reports and articles (I think it was either TG or Chere) are saying he is in shape. He has to get into hockey shape now and if he plays vs. the NYI that would be great, but think it could be either in Nashville or home vs. the Habs for Shanahan. Why even rush him when he has been away from the game a little while.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the amazing thing is that pandolfo received higher offers than the one he took from new jersey.

how is this possible? wasn't he signed before the free agency period began? i thought you couldn't talk to other team's players until it began, unless the team let you do so.. or something like that?

I think it should be Pando, he has been a bit meh lately.

as I would do it...

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-Langs

Shan-Madden-Rolston

Clark-Holik-Rupp

I completely agree, I think Dog might start contributing on offense with those guys (who wouldn't) and I love the crash line of Clarkie Holik and Rupp going out and wrecking things.

Wow, all this no love for Pandolfo as of late. The guy is loyal to the Devils and he busts his ass out there each and every game. He is not a goal scorer as we all know that, but he is a good defensive forward that stays out of the penalty box. He got a new contract this season and I think Lou and Sutter would be out of their minds to sit Pandolfo.

Rupp has been the Devils heavy weight fighter this season and has done a very good job at it. he has stepped up his game this season and does was is asked of him from Sutter. He like Pandolfo are not goal scorers like Shanahan is, but I don't see this two guys sitting out.

That leaves David Clarkson as the odd man out IMO. If anything, it could be a platoon of Clarkson and Rupp sitting out taking turns. Right I would have to say Clarkson. There will be plenty of time and years for Clarkson (unless he gets traded this season) to be in the Devils line up as he is young.

I love Pando, and I feel for him, but he looks like he has nothing left. For strictly sentimental purposes, I'd love to be wrong, but they don't have that much time with Marty, I'd like to go for the cup now, and bringing in Shanny does that. Even though Rupp's a heavyweight, Clarkie brings more to the table than either Rupp or Pando. Unless he gets traded, I'd say he's borderline untouchable, at least compared to those guys.

Sounds like you are talking about Brylin. You are talking about Brylin here, and he is gone......

Fact is Pandolfo has lost a step and his time has gone by.....time to move on.... pandolfo cant shadow the players like he use to, he NEVER scores goals and brings nothing anymore. Pandolfo doesnt hit, fight, or score goals....

Clarkson and Rupp hit, fight and scores an occasional goal.

Pandolfo sits.

I love the fact that many of us are ready to throw a player to the dogs based on "age" or in our own infinite wisdom "lost a step", to bring in a guy who is OLDER by a few years an we havewn't even seen skate yet

Then the argument becomes, look at what he did last year...to which my answer would be: could you have said based on Madden and Pando's last season that this one would be better?

How about his shortie on Queen PuffyPads?? :P

Not saying he doesn't deserve to sit and he does... but still

(and he's always gonna be the first ever hat trick in the Rock :blink: )

Short memories....

... and if not... the game after that .... and CERTAINLY the game after that :P

:lol:

:haha2:

Yeah, I'm absolutely 100% positively sure he will lace em up for a game before Brody gets back, maybe, at the very least! :evil:

tis' true.

step1- clarkson can take the puck in and circle the net.

step2- rolston is set to one time clarksons dish

step3 - clarkson screens and finds the rebound

All 3 points assume Clarkson not succumbing to his temptation to try the wrap around. rare at best. :giggle:

BTW sickness, what's ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A for and at what point do ya do it? :noclue:

BTW sickness, what's ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A for and at what point do ya do it? :noclue:

I'm pretty sure that was the 30-life code for old Konami NES games like Contra and Lifeforce, that gave you 30 lives per game as opposed to three (I think there was one more "B A" input though)...you'd hit "START" right after inputting the sequence to start your game with 30 lives (I don't think you could do it in-game). With continues, that pretty much ensured that even lousy players could finish the game.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It's a shame because Pando was so great before being injured last year. I wanted to re-sign him and was glad we did, but he certainly isn't having a stellar season so far. Regardless, I am not willing to give up on him yet. Look at Elias playing now after he started his new contract off so poorly. Sometimes players are just in big funks, or maybe Pando has hit a physical wall he needs to overcome with a new training regimen. Either way, I would still rather have Pando on our team at playoff time when defense wins championships than some other players. I realize his plus minus isn't great this year, but we all know that stat isnt that useful for forwards, and of course partly he hasn't been great this year. I think he will see himself scratched at some point if things don't change, but I think he'll bounce back.

Who knows though, maybe the Bruins will come calling at the trade deadline for him since they will undoubtedly be making a cup run. It's his hometown team, so that's showing respect to a player who deserves it, but like I said I would rather he be on our team come playoff time.