Havelid happy to be a Devil

Kulags

Havelid happy to be a Devil - Fire & Ice blog

Havelid said former Thrashers teammate Bobby Holik called him immediately after the trade and drove him to Prudential Center this morning.

"I like Bobby," he said. "I took care of him for three years in Atlanta, so now it's payback time."

What's it like to go from a team out of the playoff race to one that's considered a contender?

"If you look at my situation, I'm 35 years old and I played on a team that's not going to make the playoffs and I got a chance like this, it's a great feeling. Especially if you look in the standings right now, a lot of teams, even if you're in right now, you're not sure you're going to be in in 20 games. The Devils have played good and solid the whole year, so they're in a good spot at this point."

We know a lot of stories about Bobby Holik from New Jersey. Are there any stories you can tell us from Atlanta?

"Every day is a new story. No, he was a good captain for us. He's a good man."

Pumped to see him in our lineup Saturday. Hopefully he'll infuse us with enough energy to overcome our tendency to come out flat against crappy teams like the Isles.

What would you say you bring to the Devils?

"I don't know. I'm just going to try to be a piece of this puzzle. That's what it's all about. It's all about the team concept. That's what I like and hopefully I can fit in and I will do my best to be a piece of this puzzle. That's going to be the key."

:koolaid:

Either of these would make a great new logo for the Rangers.

+1940

Yeah, the Bobby stories gotta come out eventually. I wonder if they went out on the town together down in Atlanta. You know, like Cam Janssen and Johnny Oduya...

n81404643_30670144_3820.jpg

+1940

Yeah, the Bobby stories gotta come out eventually. I wonder if they went out on the town together down in Atlanta. You know, like Cam Janssen and Johnny Oduya...

n81404643_30670144_3820.jpg

I Miss Cam :(

Does Havelid speak English well? I hate hearing Europeans rip our language to shreds.

Edited by Verran12

Does Havelid speak English well? I hate hearing Europeans rip our language to shreds.

I actually heard him on the fan today with a translator helping him with his English as he speaks Yiddish but just picked up the RossetaStone.

He understands how much we, as Devil fans, hate English being ripped apart and how we demand English must be pronounced effectively by any foreign player who resides and plays in this country.

"I hate hearing Europeans rip our language to shreds." :blink: I pray you are a young kid.

There's a good interview of Havelid with Matt Loughlin on the Devils Web site. He said "learn" once when he meant "teach" but other than that he was pretty good.

I like hearing Europeans who learned our language...idk there's something about the effort to learn that's admirable.

Plus sometimes the accents are just entertaining :).

Why dont you try and crack out a few sentances in swedish??

Then you might have an appreciation for the fact that pretty much everyone else in the world makes it easy for you by speaking English.