GDT: 4/7/09 - Toronto @ New Jersey - 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

All i can say is oh dear!!!

The worst time of year to lose momentum.

A few months ago it looked like no team could beat us, right now it looks like any team in the AHL could give us a run for our money.

These last to games are pretty crucial, just in terms of confidance.

Also there is nothing worse than being 1pt shy of capturing a title, so hopefully that gets resolved as quickly as possible.

Marty needs to get back in the game as well.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's no longer about the team,It's all about Him What a shame,his head is to big--a few more game's like this and the Media well be all over him,saying the same thing--It's all about HIM !!!!!!!

I agree, and I think like I said a few pages back that his attitude must show in the locker room, and the rest of the players sense it and have quit on him and the team. I dont want to hear about tired rough stretches in the schedule etc etc. Every other team has played 79 - 80 games and I dont see the Hurricanes looking tired?? I dont see the Pens looking tired. And I dont want to hear about confidence either, this is more than confidence. This team could not have looked like they did just a few weeks ago, and become so god awful in a short period over just confidence. They have quit. Now whether they will come back to play who knows, but I will say this the sad thing is you all know as well as I , that there is no way that Sutter plays Clemmer in the post season. He talks a big game (like saying Marty wasnt going to play every game when he came back) but he doesnt have the melons to sit Marty in the post season, and with that being said unless somehow Marty and the team patch things up and start working together it will certainly be a first round exit again no matter who they play!!

Edited by PaDevsFan

And Marty was in a bad mood in the post game. :saddevil:

I saw it, and I was happy to see it. He should be in a bad mood. I don't think I've ever seen Marty that snippy with a reporter, but it was a welcome sight to me. Hopefully this game was the last straw and Sutter calling him out publically had to bother him as well. Hopefully a fire has been lit here now.

I saw it, and I was happy to see it. He should be in a bad mood. I don't think I've ever seen Marty that snippy with a reporter, but it was a welcome sight to me. Hopefully this game was the last straw and Sutter calling him out publically had to bother him as well. Hopefully a fire has been lit here now.

We can only hope. I still beleive this team has what it takes to be a very VERY difficult opponent for anybody i na 7 game series, but the way they have performed the last 2 weeks certainly doesnt show it.

But like I said in my post, scoring isn't something to worry about when you had some of the greatest of all time back there and a goalie who wasn't playing like he was Swiss cheese.

yes, it was. again, you are not viewing it in the context of 2002, when the devils scored 10 goals in 6 games and lost to carolina. and you're not viewing it in the context of 2003, when the devils struggled to score all year, they managed to pick up no one at the deadline. and you note that everyone there is a scrub except that that was half the forwards, including our first line RW, second line LW, third line LW and C.

And cherry picking numbers do not predict future numbers? Well that is possible, but nothing changed in those 5 games since I originally put up those numbers. Sure Clarkson scored a turn around slap shot, and Shanahan was given a penalty shot because he was on the ice, but that is about it. Didn't you predict Rolston would score more with his increase shots on goal? He has averaged 3 a game in his past 5, but still nothing.

sure i did. and i haven't been wrong - no, he hasn't scored since then. do you really think he can continue to get 3 shots on goal a game and not score?

Hope so, because those were some real softees tonight. He hasn't gotten a lot of help on some of the goals against in recent games, but he hasn't helped the team either. It's a mutual no-help society forming.

In those situations it *has* to be the goalie shutting the door to turn things around. He hasn't been "Marty" for long enough that doubts have to be forming in at least some guys heads and that's just disasterous. He needs to step up and steal a game. The defense isn't going to suddenly turn around w/o the goalie providing the push.

Hope so, because those were some real softees tonight. He hasn't gotten a lot of help on some of the goals against in recent games, but he hasn't helped the team either. It's a mutual no-help society forming.

In those situations it *has* to be the goalie shutting the door to turn things around. He hasn't been "Marty" for long enough that doubts have to be forming in at least some guys heads and that's just disasterous. He needs to step up and steal a game. The defense isn't going to suddenly turn around w/o the goalie providing the push.

I agree on all counts. It's a little disturbing. The 4th Toronto goal was perhaps the softest goal I've ever seen Marty allow.

"When Elias does return, there is no guarantee he will move back on the left side with Dainius Zubrus and Brian Gionta. Sutter has been pleased with the job Brian Rolston has done in that spot."

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/04/post_4.html

...Who the hell is he trying to kid? I would like to know, what has been so great about his play, as of late, that gives Sutter the right to say he's pleased with him. I want to see Parise and Elias back on the same line again. I think this team really needs to shake some things up. I know Elias shoots left, but if he goes up to the first line with Parise and Langenbrunner, as a center and have Zajac on the second line with Gionta and Zubrus...there might be something to work with.

You can tell me if that idea is crazy, lol, but that's what I can picture.

I wouldn't be against trying out Elias-Madden-Shanny. Why the hells not?

I'm all for a random line generator to decide the lines. First try...

Elias - Zajac - Rolston

Pando - Zubrus - Langenbrunner

Parise - Holik - Gionta

Rupp - Madden - Gionta

Take two...

Elias - Zajac - Gionta

Shanahan - Zubrus - Parise

Langenbrunner - Holik - Clarkson

Rupp - Madden - Rolston

Finally...

Elias - Holik - Langenbrunner

Parise - Madden - Gionta