GDT: NJ @ CAR - ECQF Game 4 - 7:30 MSG+

Kulags

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, you're Bulletproof, not flame-proof. :lol:

1. It's scary how even matched these two teams are, which is why I am not so confident that we'll respond with back-to-back wins like a number of people on this thread think. I think this series is destined for seven games - I just hope we manage to take game 5, because I might not live through two potential elimination games.

2. I was entirely comfortable with Marty's outburst. Marty goes that route so rarely that Doc couldn't even come up with a recent example. THAT should show his teammates (and the officials) how pissed off he was, and I think that kind of outburst out of a guy who never explodes like that should be very effective a) in firing up his team; and b) in maybe getting the referees to give him the benefit of the doubt in future games this series.

3. I'm with you here. This series is going seven games, and as hard as it is to do when you wind up on the losing end of it, you gotta sit back and enjoy the series. I WANT this series over ASAP. But we're getting some amazing games out of this series, and this could be one of the best first-round series in Devils history, in terms of great hockey games. If we're on the winning side tonight, it's one of the best playoff games in Devils history. Even on the losing side, it was a damn entertaining game.

That's why I need a fire suit! My Bulletproof-ness just isn't enough after tonight! :D

In regards to Marty's outburst, I don't think it does anything but give the Canes a reason to say to themselves, "look at us...we got into Marty's head". That being said, if the Devils don't come out blazing on Thursday, especially after watching their franchise goaltender smash his Reebok into smithereens, they don't deserve to win this series. It gives both teams something to think about but I just think a simple b!tching to the refs would have sufficed. It made him look like a sore loser, IMHO.

This is definitely shaping up to be a epic series, regardless of who wins. Win and losses be damned, I'm enjoying this one!

Entertaining thoughts, MadDog2020.

But we're screwed. Bad defense, injuries, pathetic excuse for a PP. Marty has to come up huge in order for us to have a chance. He NEEDS a shutout.

To be honest, I'm still so angry I haven't given much thought to the rest of the series Marv. I'm gonna need to get some sleep before I can do that.

the devils scored a PP goal tonight and they have weathered the worst re: their defense. i have no doubt they are going to win this series - it will take terrible breaks for them to lose it.

Agreed Captain Tri..however I'm just heavily worried if Sal is out. My confidence goes down in that case. The good thing is, we get the last change Thursday.

.2 seconds... goddamn motherfvcking .2 seconds... jesus...

a remarkable comeback, i think we ought to give the boys a hand for that. :clap2:

gio's goal was key to starting that and i think we ought to give him his due even if we eventually lost the game. he has been playing his balls off in this series. you can say that's because it's a contract year, sure, but if it's helping the team who cares what his motivation is?

you call goalie interference in that last few seconds of the third and it's a totally different situation. play gets whistled dead once they touch and we go into OT and go on the PP. Marty is right to bitch and go all Tuuka Rask about what happened. that was horse sh!t.

anyway, pissed i can't lead us to another GDT. whoever does the next one, bring the hate.

every team on the losing end of those cake walks would love to be in NJ's shoes right now.

That's right, man. It's a dogfight now, and the Devils are right in the middle of it!

I can only imagine how rockin' it's going to be at The Rock on Thursday!

We didn't TECHNICALLY score a power play goal, it was a few seconds after. Just to be a pain in the ass.

Also, I don't know if it was a Freudian slip by Cango or something, but he said in the post game that the Devils lost Langenbrunner "for the series". Since nothing else has been said to that effect from TG or anything credible, I'm assuming that Steve misspoke and meant that he was out for at least two games and potentially longer.

To be honest, I'm still so angry I haven't given much thought to the rest of the series Marv. I'm gonna need to get some sleep before I can do that.

Some of you guys saying this series is over need to look back on the year. Time after time, this team has rebounded from loss after loss and yet STILL you don't believe in them. The canes have not been outplaying the devils, the devils have mostly dominated the games but Ward has been outstanding for them. Sure there were some goals marty should of had but the way I look at it, if they're as pissed as I am right now, there's no way they'd lose game 5 or this series. I expect the devils to take what happened at the end of this game and just fvcking roll over the candy canes.

P.S. - the canes are the new rangers

Some of you guys saying this series is over need to look back on the year. Time after time, this team has rebounded from loss after loss and yet STILL you don't believe in them. The canes have not been outplaying the devils, the devils have mostly dominated the games but Ward has been outstanding for them. Sure there were some goals marty should of had but the way I look at it, if they're as pissed as I am right now, there's no way they'd lose game 5 or this series. I expect the devils to take what happened at the end of this game and just fvcking roll over the candy canes.

P.S. - the canes are the new rangers

I never said I didn't think they could rebound bro. I said I haven't given a lot of thought to the rest of the series because I still have steam coming out of my ears from tonight.

We didn't TECHNICALLY score a power play goal, it was a few seconds after. Just to be a pain in the ass.

Also, I don't know if it was a Freudian slip by Cango or something, but he said in the post game that the Devils lost Langenbrunner "for the series". Since nothing else has been said to that effect from TG or anything credible, I'm assuming that Steve misspoke and meant that he was out for at least two games and potentially longer.

I just hope Langs didn't injure himself further punching anything after this one.

I never said I didn't think they could rebound bro. I said I haven't given a lot of thought to the rest of the series because I still have steam coming out of my ears from tonight.

Sorry, didn't mean to quote you :doh1: lol I was just speaking in general.

This is definitely shaping up to be a epic series, regardless of who wins. Win and losses be damned, I'm enjoying this one!

Exactly, what fun is it going 16-0? This series is heading toward a knockdown, drag-out. ... This is what the playoffs are all about!

:fight:

:gd:

Alright just skimmed through the game on TSN.ca. They put up every game that they show on the website right after. If anyone wants to look at anything again...here it is, although I am not sure if you can watch it outside of Canada.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl-games-on-demand/de...e-4/#clip163918

I really thought the bump was going to be nothing, and that people just wanted something to complain about, but it is a lot worse than I thought. Jokinen came in pretty hard, and wasn't paying much attention. Brodeur was far out of the crease though, and he still had time to make the save, although it was like a second. I wonder if Jokinen would have went right into Marty even if he was in his crease, or if Jussi actually knew exactly where he was on the ice. Still hard to imagine the refs making that call in that situation.

Hard to blame anyone but Martin probably could have reversed the puck to a wide open Mottau on the other side. Instead he tried to clear it along the boards where the Canes were really overloading that area. Jokinen abused Madden on that final shift as well.

the devils scored a PP goal tonight and they have weathered the worst re: their defense. i have no doubt they are going to win this series - it will take terrible breaks for them to lose it.

shanny's goal was after the PP expired but for all intents and purposes it was while the devils were still playing PP hockey.

game 7 is a week from tonight - we'll see then.

I want to go out and beat up nuns right now.

But... my calmer side says THIS may be the fire we need. We didn't lose this game because of goalie interference or because of a screen. We lost because we didn't play for 2 periods. Why? No fire. Well..well...well. Not sure that's the issue anymore. What we know is this: when inspired, Carolina can't sniff our jock. We know it. They know it. All we needed was a cause to rally around. This BETTER F'IN INSPIRE US.

Marty--stay pissed. I think that's what you've been lacking the last 5 years. You haven't had an edge since #4 was patrolling your crease.

I say from this point out we beat the living sh*t out of Carolina. And guess what? We fall behind 1-0, 2-0. Doesn't matter. Carolina played the best game they will EVER play against us tonight and needed a goalie bump with .02 seconds to beat us. Emotions aside, anybody here think we won't win this?

Hey Canes--thanks for the wake up call. We'll remember this game in June as THE turning point of the playoffs.

I agree, other then a win this was a great comeback that ended in a heartbreaking loss but now we now we can comeback from a 3goal deficit and

that we need more then 20mins of hockey. We will be a furious foe for the canes and with langs hopefully back Im very confident for the rest of this series.