OOT Scoreboard - Fri. 4/24. ECQF & WCQF - Round 1.

SatansDevils

Listening to Sam and Joe are making my ears bleed. How is it that the two of them and about every Rags fan I know aside from a handful act as if Avery is the second coming of Messier? I just don't get it. It's like Avery has a mad scientists lab somewhere and has brainwashed all of New York.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to Sam and Joe are making my ears bleed. How is it that the two of them and about every Rags fan I know aside from a handful act as if Avery is the second coming of Messier? I just don't get it. It's like Avery has a mad scientists lab somewhere and has brainwashed all of New York.

That's the only bad thing about the Caps winning, when the Rangers likely win Game 6 that'll just be proof positive of how 'important' Avery is :rolleyes: Never mind that he did his best to lose Game 4 and was a joke in Game 3 as well.

I would think most people would be rooting for the Rangers because the Caps are a much more dangerous team to face. If the Caps pull this out, and we pull out our series vs Carolina then we'll have to play the Caps.

Who cares, let's just take care of our own business first - still got one big one to go - and get the Rangers out of the playoffs asap. It'd be a great first round if I could get my three most despised teams (Rangers, Flyers, Canes) out in one fell swoop.

Edited by Hasan4978

...AND the Rangers get shutout for the second time in the series 4-0. :giggle: Simeon Varlamov with his second shutout of the playoffs/series. Nice to see Lundqvist pulled in this game. Washington back in the series and stay alive for a Game 6 @ MSG on Sunday afternoon @ 2:00 PM on NBC. Rangers still lead the series 3-2 but Washington starts their comeback tonight. Nice job Washington and what a goal by Ovechkin.

Washington Bradley 2-goals; Varlamov blanks Rangers force Game 6.

The only game tonight is final.

Rangers 0 Washington 4 F (Rangers lead series 3-2)

:mellow: Smooth Torts, smooth... punishing Avery when the Rangers are playing a road game? Wouldn't it have made more sense on home ice? (when the Rangers actually have a shot against the Capitals) That's 90% of the reason he acts the way he does... for attention. As if the officials are going to forget about him if he's not dressed for one game? What was the point? If anything all that was proved was how valuable he is... and now he'll do more of the same. Had the Rangers have played #16, they still lose this game... only now they have a scapegoat as to why. Meanwhile Sean Avery goes from *Victim --to-- *Martyr which makes him even more unstable than before.

This post game is just as comical. They are interviewing Captain Sour Puss and someone starts blasting "I Feel Good" by James Brown on the radio. Drury just looked over annoyed. :lol:

How can anyone take this team seriously? You have a captain that doesn't lead and just has this look on his face like someone shot his dog instead of trying to at the least rally his team for game six and then some clown blasts that song after you just got your ass handed to you. Only in New York.

That's the only bad thing about the Caps winning, when the Rangers likely win Game 6 that'll just be proof positive of how 'important' Avery is :rolleyes: Never mind that he did his best to lose Game 4 and was a joke in Game 3 as well.

What are you basing this on?

This post game is just as comical. They are interviewing Captain Sour Puss and someone starts blasting "I Feel Good" by James Brown on the radio. Drury just looked over annoyed. :lol:

How can anyone take this team seriously? You have a captain that doesn't lead and just has this look on his face like someone shot his dog instead of trying to at the least rally his team for game six and then some clown blasts that song after you just got your ass handed to you. Only in New York.

Underachieving is a common thing with NYC sports. I know.

The way Washington and Varlamov has played today, I think they can get at Lundqvist again @ MSG for Game 6 and push this series to a Game 7, where anything can happen then. Get in Lundqvist's face and crease and just keep the pressure on and Washingtion could win Game 6.

Who cares, let's just take care of our own business first - still got one big one to go - and get the Rangers out of the playoffs asap. It'd be a great first round if I could get my three most despised teams (Rangers, Flyers, Canes) out in one fell swoop.

Exactly and exactly. Totally with ya Has.

I didn't get to watch the game but I heard gomez played really bad. What did he do?

Ehhhhhh..........Gomer merely played like crap which the entire team did as well. It wasn't just him.

Speaking of which, it seems that Torts was sending a message about undisciplined play by benching Avery.

After watching that game, it would seem that his next step is going to have to be benching Gomez, Dubinsky, Voros, and Orr for Game 6 due to idiot penalties.

You bench one for supposedly being an idiot, you're going to have to bench four more as well.

Sorry Torts, baby.

You just set a precedent. :whistling: