Development Camp Roster

puckrock

bergfors has attended this camp 4 times and he's a virtual guarantee for an nhl slot. i wouldn't be concerned.

Do you happen to know if the number of times he's attended legally preclude him from attending this year? Just trying to get an idea if this is a NHL rules thing or a holding-him-back-til-training-camp thing.

Do you happen to know if the number of times he's attended legally preclude him from attending this year? Just trying to get an idea if this is a NHL rules thing or a holding-him-back-til-training-camp thing.

i doubt it's a procedure thing. i guess we'll have to wait for lou to answer the second question, as rod pelley is also a lock to make the team and is attending (although he has only attended this a maximum of 3 times).

interesting names on the list:

mark fraser - didn't know he was still under contract

tyler miller - never seen his name before

doug clarkson - no idea what he's doing there, unless he had a very good season wherever he played last year, i'm not even sure he's ECHL level talent

also good news that all the college folks scrounged up enough money to attend, except t.j. miller (unless he is tyler miller).

Edited by Triumph

i doubt it's a procedure thing. i guess we'll have to wait for lou to answer the second question, as rod pelley is also a lock to make the team and is attending (although he has only attended this a maximum of 3 times).

interesting names on the list:

mark fraser - didn't know he was still under contract

tyler miller - never seen his name before

doug clarkson - no idea what he's doing there, unless he had a very good season wherever he played last year, i'm not even sure he's ECHL level talent

also good news that all the college folks scrounged up enough money to attend, except t.j. miller (unless he is tyler miller).

from hockeydb.com:

Tyler Miller

born - Nov 21 1988

year team league gp g a pts

2006-07 Port Hope Predators OPJHL 48 11 24 35

2007-08 Port Hope Predators OPJHL 46 23 40 63

(nothing on 2008-09 though)

edit: Tyler Miller is listed as a D-man in TG's post.. so it must be TJ and not that kid ^

Edited by nmigliore

So happy Tedenby will be there. Can he make the team this year or is he still under contract in europe?

He has two years left on his contract in Sweden. He has a clause that gives him the option to leave for the NHL after one of those years though.

TG said earlier that Pelley could attend camp because he didn't play any NHL games this past season. I didn't look at the whole roster but maybe that's a requirement so then Bergfors would not be eligible to attend.

Maybe it's got something to do with playing NHL games in consecutive years or something. Bergfors played in the NHL last season, and was on the opening day roster (his only game) the season before.

Or maybe it's just not necessary that he's there, or he's got other commitments...

No Brad Snetsinger either, though if I recall correctly, he was injured towards the end of the playoffs in Trenton.

EDIT: Doing some more research, I think Charles Long could be ECHL material. In the 2008-09, he was 10-10-6 with a 2.52 goals-against-average on a pretty mediocre team that plays in a strong conference.

Edited by TD2008

No Brad Snetsinger either, though if I recall correctly, he was injured towards the end of the playoffs in Trenton.

EDIT: Doing some more research, I think Charles Long could be ECHL material. In the 2008-09, he was 10-10-6 with a 2.52 goals-against-average on a pretty mediocre team that plays in a strong conference.

Lou needs to sign a goalie or two. I guess Caruso is a goner. What happened to the other guy that was in Trenton?

Snetsinger had a great year in Trenton. It's probably a lingering injury. He'll probably be in lowell this season.

Thats 35 guys not counting goalies. Wish I could be there. I wonder what kind of team building things devils might do? A day in Sea Girt (with BBQ) on the beach? Anxious to hear TG updates. You know Kevin Cormier will go with harry Young somewhere along the line.