• Rolston
    • Zubrus
    • Pandolfo
    • Other

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Elias is too unstable with injuries to wear the C only because, in my opinion, you want your C to always be at games at Langs is a lot less injury prone than Elias.. I think either one would do great with it though

I think Parise needs a few more year to get it but I have no problem giving him an A this season

This question about who should be captain is very valid and I have also been thinking about what will happen. I think Langenbrunner is a great and capable captain and he did a fine job last year after a season of experience with the C. Jaques Lemaire had a history in Minnesota of changing up the captain each month, something I don't personally agree with. So the real question here shouldn't be who deserves the C, the question is will Jac rotate the captaincy like he did with the Wild?

Perhaps TG will ask him.

Edited by Devs4LIFE

This question about who should be captain is very valid and I have also been thinking about what will happen. I think Langenbrunner is a great and capable captain and he did a fine job last year after a season of experience with the C. Jaques Lemaire had a history in Minnesota of changing up the captain each month, something I don't personally agree with. So the real question here should be who deserves the C, the question is will Jac rotate the captaincy like he did with the Wild?

Perhaps TG will ask him.

That sounds like an awful idea to me! This isn't "Employee of the Month" this is the team leader for the season.. Guys shouldn't be changing their team leader every 4 weeks.. Not to mention the people having to redo the players' jerseys all the time haha

I think Elias is too unstable with injuries to wear the C only because, in my opinion, you want your C to always be at games at Langs is a lot less injury prone than Elias.. I think either one would do great with it though

I think Parise needs a few more year to get it but I have no problem giving him an A this season

I really wish people would use facts and not their memory...

Elias

2008-09 77

2007-08 74

2006-07 75

2005-06 38 the guy had hepatitis !

DNP

2003-04 82

2002-03 81

2001-02 75

Langs

2008-09 81

2007-08 64

2006-07 82

2005-06 80

DNP

2003-04 53

2002-03 78

Edited by BlueSkirt

That sounds like an awful idea to me! This isn't "Employee of the Month" this is the team leader for the season.. Guys shouldn't be changing their team leader every 4 weeks.. Not to mention the people having to redo the players' jerseys all the time haha

Leaders lead, they don't need a letter on their chest to be a leader. The letters give you responsibility with the referees, and that's important, but as far as leading the team, the player is far more important than any designation they have on their uniform.

This question about who should be captain is very valid and I have also been thinking about what will happen. I think Langenbrunner is a great and capable captain and he did a fine job last year after a season of experience with the C. Jaques Lemaire had a history in Minnesota of changing up the captain each month, something I don't personally agree with. So the real question here should be who deserves the C, the question is will Jac rotate the captaincy like he did with the Wild?

Perhaps TG will ask him.

I agree it shouldn't be a rotating 'C', sounds kind of dumb to me.. rotate the 'A's .. and I see no reason to strip Langs of the C

Parise seems like a logical choice whenever elias/langenbrunner are gone.

Edited by nmigliore

Absolutely no reason to take the "C" away from Jamie at this point. The team will have to adjust to the new coaching staff,so why rock the boat?

Zach should get it in good time.

I gotta mind like a steal trap.. you can have your "numbers" :P ... Anyway, a captain shouldn't go stone cold in the playoffs when his team needs him :rant: ..

And if being a C is just about talking to referees then why don't we just pick the guy with the best communication skills? I never knew Stevens to be a really good linguist.. I think it goes a lot deeper than that.. If guys without the C are taking the role of an actual team captain then the guy with the C should have it taken away

Edited by Colin226

If Luongo is captain of the nucks why can't Marty be ours.

Because we don't need a cheesy stunt like that. Everyone knows Marty is a leader on this team. The Canucks also had random fans pull a stupid lever to 'start' the games. I believe they also retired the #7 for the fans or something to that effect.

Also, Lou probably wouldn't allow the rotating 'c' thing. It should stay on Jamie, and when he decides to hang it up, it may be time to consider Parise. Elias seems to play better without it.

Elias

2008-09 77

2007-08 74

2006-07 75

2005-06 38 the guy had hepatitis !

DNP

2003-04 82

2002-03 81

2001-02 75

Langs

2008-09 81

2007-08 64

2006-07 82

2005-06 80

DNP

2003-04 53

2002-03 78

Odin be praised. I thought the same thing reading that uninformed post. PAY ATTENTION!!!!

There is no need to take the C off Langenbrunner. He is a very good Captain.

Langenbrunner to keep the captaincy. No reason to change it. Langenbrunner has been a good captain. Don't see Elias getting it back right now. Parise is the Devils future captain after Langenbrunner.

Rolston should go back to #12 and when Lou resigns (hopefully) Shanahan he could wear #14.

I'm fine with whatever the coaching staff decides, whether that means keeping it with Langenbrunner, giving it to another player, or rotating it. After all they are the ones close to the team and have the pulse of the locker room. As a fan its not really possible to determine who should be captain but if I had to make a choice for the sake of fun, I'll go with Langenbrunner just because he already has it and seems to be doing a fine job with it.