Nfl Week Two!!!

CRASHER

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan backs up his talk...not here to kiss his rings, we're going to kick their asses

WE KICKED THEIR ASSES

If it wasn't for 2 lucky break calls by the refs (leon non fumble, scott's "kick" :rolleyes: ) New England would've scored 3 points all game. We blitzed the hell out of them, Brady looked like a frightened child throwing up pathetic lobs all over the field and whining about roughing the passer penalties)

We came out in the 2nd half and SMOKED THEM.

I love it...Belicheat couldn't even make eye contact with Ryan or Sanchez.

And all the Patruiot frontrunners scurry "They're no good anymore! Where's my Testaverde jersey from 98? Are the Cowboys still popular?"

I can understand why you're happy, and the Jets did a terrific job executing their game plan. They backed up their talk. I was there and took my share of abuse from Jet fans (as you can see I'm not running or hiding), but all-in-all 95% of it was good-natured.

A couple of things though:

"We"? Were you on the field? I admit that I don't get the "we" thing, as in "WE kicked their asses" or "WE came out and did this or that blah blah blah". The JETS won and won big, despite the relatively close score. YOU didn't do anything. I give the Jet fans a lot of credit though, in one regard...they were LOUD. I've been to seven Patriot-Jet games since 1991, and that was by far and away the loudest I ever heard the Jet crowd get...and they're not that quiet a crowd to begin with.

Your team won a big game yesterday, and it's a game that could very well be a valuable stepping stone to greater things. But in Week 2 that can't be answered just yet, and no one won the Super Bowl yesterday. It's now up to the Jets to make sure that this doesn't become one high point on the way to another disappointing season. Expectations went up considerably with that win, in everyone's eyes.

As for the Pats, on days that their 'D' holds another team's offense to 16 points, they can't afford to lose. They play a lot of games on the road over the final weeks, so I think if they don't win their next two (home against Atlanta and Baltimore) they're in big trouble. They're a gift away from being 0-2...not good.

Jacobs sounds off on Jerry Jones: Last week, running back Brandon Jacobs told me that the Cowboys should have scheduled the Lions instead of the Giants for the stadium opener. And Sunday, he tried to explain to me where his hatred for the Cowboys comes from.

"I hate the Cowboys straight up," Jacobs told me. "It's beginning to be a personal thing. And it's been like that since I was a kid. I've been wishing bad things on them for a long time. I was a hateful little kid. Everyone loves them, so I had to hate them."

Asked what he thought about the new stadium, Jacobs said: "It's a beautiful place. It was nice of Jerry to invite us down here. But he better be careful what he asks for next time. Last year, [Jones] said he wanted to play us on Broadway, and then he got his ass beat. They got whooped 35-14 on Broadway."

-ESPN, Matt Mosley

ESPN

Ray Lewis just rules. Don't blame Norv.

Norv called the play, so Norv takes the fall..... there was a 150 BETTER ways to get the ball to Sproles better then THAT, though it did look like Lewis used a Madden cheat on the play :P

I'm still not in a state to talk about that epic fail in the night game.... it just AMAZES me how year after year week after week my two teams LOVE to fail me in spots I need the happy kick in the pants most..... it's like clockwork!!

I'm still not in a state to talk about that epic fail in the night game.... it just AMAZES me how year after year week after week my two teams LOVE to fail me in spots I need the happy kick in the pants most..... it's like clockwork!!

Cowboys couldve very well won that game. Giants defense was horrible all night. Cowboys ran the ball with no problems. Romo's interceptions hurt them and it wasnt really great plays by the giants defense to intercept the ball but bad throws by romo. Giants defense was non existent. honestly though should give some credit to Eli though he made some necessary throws and good drives to put them in a position to win when they had a chance. 330 yards is a pretty good night for him.

looong season anything can happen....

But romo's supposed to be "mister september" after all :P

I'm sick and damned tired of seeing this team come up small in the big effing spot...its only week two and I see no reason to think it will change (not to mention with all the idiot bounces....of witten's foot and right into the guy's belly....or you tip a pass...right to the receiver)

...Getting beat is one thing, having every bounce in the world go against you is another....having some moron trying to argue the rule on the off the witten foot INT...that will get someone stabbed!!!!

Romo had a terrible, extremely awful game, no doubting that but just like everyone said before the game. It's only September, there is still a lot of season left. I'd much rather not peak early like we do every season....

My quick takes:

I told you Sanchez is the chosen one. Sorry New England and Miami, but there is a new king in town in the AFC East for a long time now.

Any updates on that Roy Williams / Terrell Owens count there MB? I forgot how Roy did last night against a formidable opponent...

Norv Turner playcall: EPIC FAIL!!

Edited by LOTCB

Jacobs sounds off on Jerry Jones: Last week, running back Brandon Jacobs told me that the Cowboys should have scheduled the Lions instead of the Giants for the stadium opener. And Sunday, he tried to explain to me where his hatred for the Cowboys comes from.

"I hate the Cowboys straight up," Jacobs told me. "It's beginning to be a personal thing. And it's been like that since I was a kid. I've been wishing bad things on them for a long time. I was a hateful little kid. Everyone loves them, so I had to hate them."

Asked what he thought about the new stadium, Jacobs said: "It's a beautiful place. It was nice of Jerry to invite us down here. But he better be careful what he asks for next time. Last year, [Jones] said he wanted to play us on Broadway, and then he got his ass beat. They got whooped 35-14 on Broadway."

-ESPN, Matt Mosley

ESPN

WOW! That's what I like to hear Brandon!

This is the useless T.O. trying to keep his name in the press, because he is a UFA after the season and he can't do his talking on the field.

He can say what he wants about Romo, but Dallas is a better team without T.O. Its a young season this game shall pass for Romo.

Gilbride once again does everything in his power to make the Giants lose. As I thought it would be, this game was all Eli and our WR's. Eli really showed up big for us, played like he's making 97M or something. I don't think there is a better QB in the game at running the 2 minute drill. Remember this game, cause that's the worst this defense is gonna be all year. Manning to Manningham, sounds great doesn't it?