Brodeur Bitter About 1st Loss?

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like Brodeur's comments. I don't know why he couldn't say something like: I can be better, or something to that effect. It was definitely just a bad game for him, but I think he should take a little accountability for how he played.

On a side note, this team needs another strong defense men around the net. Brodeur is very weak when teams work the puck from behind the net, and the Flyers exploited that.

I posted a quote from him above, and I'm putting it here again...

"I didn

In all fairness -- why should he (Marty) "accept accountability" for a loss the first game of the season.

I never ragged on Stevens for not taking accountability for the press and fans.

Agreed! Although I was quite disappointed and initially vented, it really isn't one person's fault. Those who have played the game kno it is a team sport and not just one person. Sure shots on goal are inevitable, but cutting the angles on them and making them low percentage is key. Brodeur "letting in four goals" or whatever was said is a pathetic attempt to place blame. Sure some guys stood out, but at the end of the day it is everyone who steps on the ice that has an effect on the game. The team failed and that is it.

I personally think the "Rangers' Sucks" chant is classless, especially at games were they are not there. There are "bad" fans on every team. Other barns are very supportive and their fans even walk up to you to and say hello. The hospitality is awesome. I'm not saying you need to become best friends, but a little courtesy can only help. True you won't find it necessarily in New York or Philadelphia, but fans should realize that every dollar an opposing team pumps into your barn is more money for the team. Essentially they are supporting the Devils. I chuckled at a fellow Devils fans who harassed me at 552 game when my wife who is from Chicago had on a Blackhawks shirt. You would've thought my wife was a convicted killer on her way to jail by what they said. The Blackhawks and the Devils play a Whopping two times a year? C'mon.

Edited by Chorske17

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time." -- James Taylor

James Taylor can heal all wounds, mend all fences and stop world wars ...they should play that after every loss instead of U2 so everyone is lulled into quiet tranquility.

In response to Facepainter, again, I can only speak form personal experience, but when I sh!t the bed in net, I'm already analyzing what went wrong before the game even ends. By the time I get in the car to go home, my mind is already doing everthing it can do build itself up and if my girlfriend asks me how to game went when I get home, I can respond, "Wow, it was a disaster", but I can't beat myself up over it. If I did, I'd be second guessing every move in my next game.

I'm sure the same happens with a professional like Marty. He has to get over it, and fast, because he's got another game in two days. Not only that, but he has lofty expectations to uphold and a team that needs to have confidence in him. If he gets in front of a mic and says, "I don't know what happened. I'll just have to play better next time.", what message does that send to the team? The team starts to panic and say, "Uh oh, Marty's losing it...we need to protect him more" and then you have d-mean pinching in the defensive zone, screening him to block shots, etc.

Again, I'm only making conjecture, but I can't imagine Marty is still beating himself up over the loss when it's time to do interviews. I imagine he's already replaying every goal in his head and making the mental adjustments to play lights out next time. That's why, as many have said, Marty always bounces back well and goalies like Ray Emery slump and slump hard. No matter how good Emery is, he'll always be a headcase and that is the worst thing you can be when playing goal.

Just to add to the discussion about embarrassing chants, I heard a little girl yell "Flyers Swallow!" the other night, while her dad grinned widely.

I'm all for yelling funny stuff and having a good time, but I feel like it's crossed a line. People need to remember that kids go to these games...

I guess just like any other team there is a portion of the fan base that have their heads so far up their asses that its not even funny any more. Imo the Rangers suck chant is lame to begin with but I've grown to tolerate it since it is never going away. Its just on a completely different level of sad when you hear that crap in a 4-0 blow out when the team that sucks is actually winning their game.

As for the "You Suck" goal chant and the "Rangers Suck" when we are getting beaten by a divisional rivals, I totally agree they are ridiculous. They may have been fun when I was 15 and pissed at the world, but they are classless and juvenille now.

Wow it's funny hearing people want Ole! back now when people couldn't get R and R II back fast enough a couple years ago.

i hated ole!, still do. i think the 'you suck' chant is trashy and lame and should go away, i don't even know where it came from in the first place.

I finally got to hear the "You Suck" chant tonight. I was embarrassed and I was sitting at home alone, watching a hockey game. It's lame and pathetic. The Rangers suck chant is also lame and pathetic.

When we scored to make it 4-1 against the Flyers and all the fans around me in the arena we're doing the "You Suck" chant I seriously questioned Devils fans sanity and intellect level.