Devils v Rangers at MSG

njdevilz4

I'm going to the Devils/Rangers game at MSG on Thursday night, my first game at the Garden. How bad is it for a Devils fan in the Garden?

The lower bowl of MSG is mostly suits and they're probably more afraid of you. The higher up you go the closer you get to the real fans but they won't bother you. As long as you don't act like a complete moron.

I'm going to the Devils/Rangers game at MSG on Thursday night, my first game at the Garden. How bad is it for a Devils fan in the Garden?

It is not bad at all. You won't have the Rangers fans saying "Devils Suck' every five to ten minutes. You will hear "Potvin Sucks" instead. LOL! It is not bad at all and have gone many times over the years.

Really? This surprises me. I've only been to one Devils away game in my life, at Pittsburgh when I was going to school out there. I got their now defunct Student Rush tickets (think the $10 line at Prudential, only just for people with a college ID and the seats can be ANYWHERE). I got there early and took seats on the goal line the Devils shot at twice and only 6 rows from the glass :) . Well the Devils scored first, and I stood up in my jersey and clapped and cheered :dance: , nothing obscene or jerky. I got yelled and cursed at. It only got worse as Malkin and the Pens scored the next 4 or 5 goals :doh1: , people starting throwing stuff at me. When the Devs got their second and final goal of the game, I just sat there so as not to present them with a clearer target. Given that experience, I have a hard time believing that it's way better at MSG, where there's more of a rivalry involved, but you guys have been there and I haven't. After Pittsburgh I just assumed that all hockey arenas had numerous drunks/jerks distributed through the hometown fans.

:cryriver: Put your violins away.

not sure what its like in the nose bleeds, those fans are always rowdy. I got a few chuckles going up the escalator, but it mostly tame.

I'm usually on the mezz, and as long as you aren't a dick, youll be fine.

however, one time an older lady sitting next to me was giving me the eye the whole night though. Its okay, I poured a beer on her head and she cooled off :)

I'll be there as well ... Rockin my Red ... er maybe a road white jersey! Anyway, this will be my 3rd Devils game @ MSG, and I've never had an issue. IMHO, the rags fans that come to the Rock are more of the a**hole variety than the ones at the Garden. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the number of Devs fans in attendence! LETS GO DEVILS!

I'll be there too, center ice 424. What you gotta remember is with $10 seats, you can get a lot of low life scumbag Rangers fans. At $60 a pop, they're more likely to stay home and watch on TV then pay that much.

Really? This surprises me. I've only been to one Devils away game in my life, at Pittsburgh when I was going to school out there. I got their now defunct Student Rush tickets (think the $10 line at Prudential, only just for people with a college ID and the seats can be ANYWHERE). I got there early and took seats on the goal line the Devils shot at twice and only 6 rows from the glass :) . Well the Devils scored first, and I stood up in my jersey and clapped and cheered :dance: , nothing obscene or jerky. I got yelled and cursed at. It only got worse as Malkin and the Pens scored the next 4 or 5 goals :doh1: , people starting throwing stuff at me. When the Devs got their second and final goal of the game, I just sat there so as not to present them with a clearer target. Given that experience, I have a hard time believing that it's way better at MSG, where there's more of a rivalry involved, but you guys have been there and I haven't. After Pittsburgh I just assumed that all hockey arenas had numerous drunks/jerks distributed through the hometown fans.

:cryriver: Put your violins away.

Wow I actually agree 100% being in the igloo is horrible. The fans are terrible. It's surprising to hear that MSG is so calm. I was expecting it to sound worst then the Pens. Whatever screw pittsburgh

I went there last year during the playoff race when the rangers where struggling to make it. i had to watch clarkson ragdoll avery and yet the ranger fans where going crazy for sean. rangers shut the devils out and with each of their 3 goals i had to hear them all disrespect marty with their martyyy marttyyyy chant. the garden is a sorry excuse for an arena, i know theres a lot of history there but its poorly lit and my view was bad. i sat next to 2 canadians(who were devils fans from toronto) that had been to 10 arenas and sat MSG was by far the worst. as far as the fans though, i had a ranger fan help me buy train tickets on the way there and a good 10% of the fans there were in red. have fun hopefully you can see some dissapointed faces

oh and i want to hid the garden once this year. should devil fans wear red or white?

Edited by skullsmasher

It all depends how you act and who you run into.

If the Devils go up 4-1 or something you wont have a problem unless you act like an ass and start yelling sh!t like rangers suck, blah blah blah. then you might have a problem, especially in the upper levels.

but if you go there with a smile and just enjoy the hockey game quetly rooting for the devils you wont have a problem. you might get some "Devils suck" or comments like that, but you have to expect that, after all you will be in there house.

So basically just dont act like an a$$hole or anything like that and you'll be fine. just be cool. most rangers fans are cool to watch a hockey game with, unless of course you run into the a$$holes who have been drinking. lol

Now philly fans are different. they will be a$$holes no matter what.

My first ever Devils game was at the Spectrum when I was 12 years old. Even then I knew that Philly fans were complete morons and most of them were a-holes. I've been to plenty of Devils games in Pittsburgh and never had a problem. I'm glad to hear that the Rags fans are pretty civil in their own house, and of course I'll be respectful. I'm in section 133 behind the goal where the Devils shoot twice, sounds like I should be ok.

I'm glad to hear that the Rags fans are pretty civil in their own house, and of course I'll be respectful. I'm in section 133 behind the goal where the Devils shoot twice, sounds like I should be ok.

Be sure to at least stand up and applaud when the Devils score. We want to see all the Devils fans on TV.

My father in law got tickets (said there were pretty good seats) for Thrusday. I have avoided going to MSG for a Devils game cause I don't want to put up with the BS. Now I am looking forward to it. My wife and I will wear our jerseys but just smile if any Rangers fans says anything. Its their house so you have to be respectful.