GDT: NJ Devils vs Buffalo Sabres

cupcake23

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zharkov on line 4!

Right now, they're a 3 line team. Whatever garbage is put on the 4th line is just to chew up leftover mins a night. With what they send out there on the 4th line a night, it just isn't going to cut it and quite frankly, it's disgusting that 2-3 of these players are even in the NHL.

Anytime Pikkarainen and/or Peters is dressed, it's like having 10-11 forwards. Pelley doesn't have enough hockey sense to play the role he's asked at the NHL level. Leblond sort of has to stay as the tough 4th liner, so he's there by default.

Although it's not wise to have huge expectations of 4th lines in the NHL anymore, there's got to be something better then this to throw out there every night.

Right now, they're a 3 line team. Whatever garbage is put on the 4th line is just to chew up leftover mins a night. With what they send out there on the 4th line a night, it just isn't going to cut it and quite frankly, it's disgusting that 2-3 of these players are even in the NHL.

Anytime Pikkarainen and/or Peters is dressed, it's like having 10-11 forwards. Pelley doesn't have enough hockey sense to play the role he's asked at the NHL level. Leblond sort of has to stay as the tough 4th liner, so he's there by default.

Although it's not wise to have huge expectations of 4th lines in the NHL anymore, there's got to be something better then this to throw out there every night.

You are so right. the 4th line eats the clock and prays that nothing bad happens while they are on the ice

Miller looks great in goal.

wow, nothing against the sabres who looked amazing from start to finish in that period but Oduya hasn't played this bad since his "oops, I fell again" days. He was easily pushed off the puck on the forecheck that led to the first goal, I lost track of how many times he let someone walk freely out of the corner to get goo shots on goal he didn't control sticks in front of marty which lead to that HUGE second opportunity by Conolly. Just plain atrocious by Johnny O.

Once we get all our players back we can atleast have the option to send out a talented 4th line (in response to the we dont have the players for a decent 4th comments)

Parise-Zajac-Langs

Bergfors-Elias-Clarkson

Pandolfo-Neidermayer-Rolston

Halischuk-Zubrus-(who ever the hell you wanna throw here

at one point that 4th line was basically our 2nd line minus bergfors, so if you can get someone worth while to put there then there is no reason that line couldn't produce.

There's no way Zubrus plays on the 4th line and Clarkson takes the 2nd wing spot over Rolston eveery night unless Lemaire is going to throw sh!t against the wall in-game and see if it sticks.

Putting Rolston with Pandolfo and Nieds will be the end of him for good. Right now, Rolston is terrible, but you don't take a player that is having problems scoring by throwing him with two defensive minded linemates.

However, i agree someone on this roster is going to have to be "demoted" to the 4th line and take one for the team just because they can't field an NHL caliber 4th line that has any effectiveness.

Plus imo clarkson hasn't shown anything this year that would make him a top 6 forward.

This pikachu guy is brutal btw

He isn't a top 6 but is a top 9 he will move back when Elias comes back. But Rolston isn't playing as a top 6 or 9. Pando isn't top 6. Zubrus and Niedermayer aren't top 2 centers. We lack talent.

Time Warner Albany's doing something sneaky tonight. They're supposed to be showing the Sabres feed, and they are... sort of. They're showing the commercials from the Sabres feed but the actual game coverage from the Devils feed.

Time Warner Cable is the WORST

Edited by LucifersDog

I don't think the 4th line as been too bad tonight with the ice time they've seen. Minus pikka's penalty (which was a weak call if you ask me), I can't really pick out too many bad plays since the second half of the first period.

They've gotten the puck deep on several occasions, and been pretty physical. I mean, you can't expect these guys to be exceptional in any specific aspect of the game...it is the 4th line afterall...I'm pleased if I see pelly throw a big hit like he did the last time he was out

Edited by Devsfan118