GDT: NJ Devils vs. NY Islanders

Colin226

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another solid game by Yann Danis. he is looking really good and could be the future goaltender (post Brodeur) of the Devils the way he is playing. Good to see him get another win and against his former team. Nice goals by Rolston and Murphy. Elias didn't look to bad first game back but was not up to speed which was expected. Hopefully he will get it going now as the games come for Elias. Hopefully Rolston has it going now and another PPG tonight which seems to be getting a lot better along with the Devils PK.

That was hilarious with pelley as he totally missed the door to the bench and tried to scoot over the boards and just made it over as I thought for sure it was going to be a Devils penalty for too many men on the ice. LOL!

Devils now going to Ottawa where they have their road unbeaten streak on the line (7-0) and look to stay unbeaten on the road. Devils look to go 8-0 in their first 8-road games of the season and with a win they will have the 2nd longest streak to start a season on the road without a loss. Hopefully the Devils will get that win and record.

I like Danis too, but let's slow the hype machine down just a touch here...he is NOT Marty's replacement or the future of the Devils because he's allowed two goals in two games behind a Jacques Lemaire-coached defense.

For now he's a serviceable backup who's playing his way into a few more starts than most backups in New Jersey would expect to get, but nothing more. At least not yet.

Danis is already 28. For him to take the starting job after Brodeur, he'd be doing it when he's 31 years old. That's a long time to wait.

Also, should Danis have another good season, who says being he is already 28 and in his "hockey prime" that he wants to remain a backup until age 31 and wait until Brodeur retires?

Teams want goaltending and i am sure if he gets a nice contract and a chance or the #1 job someplace else, he's going to have a hard time turning it down

I just want to point something out here:

With 40 or so seconds left in the game, when that puck crawled across the front of the goal but was ruled dead, the Islanders players complained about the whistle because they didn't think it should have been blown... BUT what most people didn't see was that a second after the whistle one of the Devils cleared the puck and it bounced of a board and went into the Islanders goal.. So the Isles wanted play to continue but had the play not been blown dead they would have given up the hope-ending goal

I just want to point something out here:

With 40 or so seconds left in the game, when that puck crawled across the front of the goal but was ruled dead, the Islanders players complained about the whistle because they didn't think it should have been blown... BUT what most people didn't see was that a second after the whistle one of the Devils cleared the puck and it bounced of a board and went into the Islanders goal.. So the Isles wanted play to continue but had the play not been blown dead they would have given up the hope-ending goal

Yeah, but most everyone stopped playing after the whistle. Had a whistle not happened and everyone was still been going full bore, someone gets to that puck before it goes into the empty net.

Yeah, but most everyone stopped playing after the whistle. Had a whistle not happened and everyone was still been going full bore, someone gets to that puck before it goes into the empty net.

Maybe.. I'd have to see video.. Either way: Islanders suck :cheers:

But not as bad as the Hurricanes. Say it with me everyone: :deep breath:...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hah:

Eleven losses in a row, including allowing the LEAFS to come back and win. Ah, their misery makes me happy in my heart.

they used all their karma for those 80 seconds but christ almighty they lost to the Leafs? What kind of deal with the devil did they make? (see what I did there?)

Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw Rod Pelley literally dive over the boards to get onto the bench & avoid taking a too many men on the ice penalty late in the third? It was the most hilarious thing I've seen at a Devils game in ages.

Oh my God, I did. I was laughing for a good five minutes. And Doc's reaction was amazing. I really hope someone uploads it.

am i the only one who thinks the devils looked pretty bad last night? parise in particular seemed like he was a half step slow on every play.

andy greene made a couple bad plays in the defensive zone and so did mottau.

i kept thinking how they were lucky the score was tied, and then how they were lucky they were leading when it was 2-1.

then in the 3rd they seemed to just be waiting around for the game to be over.

anyway, a wins a win

Danis was very solid. He has shown more and more reason for the Devils management to trust him. Marty Biron on the other hand, let in at least one inexcusable goal. Even Murphy was saying it was a lousy shot. On the other hand, for some reason the Devils have always had issues with the Islanders and they did an excellent job of shutting down Tavares and (Cornell Alumn) Matt Moulson. Overall, whether the Devils played their absolute A-game or not, they pulled out a win against a very scrappy Islanders team at home which has been a struggle for them. I'd give this the ol' Siskel&Ebert Two Thumbs Up.

Oh my God, I did. I was laughing for a good five minutes. And Doc's reaction was amazing. I really hope someone uploads it.

I really hope it shows up on YouTube. I was gonna watch the replay to see if I could catch it, but it didn't air 'til 3AM. I thought maybe the camera would catch it at best, I didn't know Doc had some kind of reaction to it. Love it.