GDT: NJ Devils vs. NY Islanders

Colin226

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Murphy just had a great play, despite the fact that it was ruled a hand pass it really wasn't.

Remember a lot of people didn't think Greene had a place in the nhl before this season, you cant call anyone awful yet just give them some time. Murphy has potential.

He is almost 32 years old. How much more time does he need? He's just not very good in his own end. It is what it is. I actually thought it was a pretty good move to sign him during the summer. Low risk high reward. The left hand shot is a plus but he is suspect defensively.

Rolston is on a good dynamic...

it's a shame for all of us... we start to lose all our whipping boy !

Zubrus is good, Greene is good, Rolston start scoring, PP isn't awful, Murphy scores.... Damn... if we get bored.. we will have to say something about the lack of goal of Parise ; )

This game has been so ugly. Nice to see Rolston blast another slapper in. Too bad he can't score more around the net. He has great patience and makes phenomenal plays with the puck in the offensive zone especially near the blue line, but it just doesn't translate down low.

The PP got something but a couple of them were horrible.

Did you see his leg hit the boards? Oh my lord that looked awful. Very well could be broken, obviously too early to say but i hope he's alright.

Yeah it did not look pleasant at all. The guy has the worst luck. He always seems to suffer nasty injuries.

nice win. obviously would like to score more but not in the cards tonight.

bergfors has to be better on that first goal - he made a very poor decision in the zone to shoot the puck, then compounded it by being outworked at the other end. he'll learn there, i hope.

danis with an excellent game, dr33 said it before, but he is probably the best backup goalie the devils have ever had since brodeur joined up in 93-94. this is a good sign, as he should play 10-15 more games.

peters-zubrus-clarkson - crash line 2? i know peters finally looked like he might belong in the nhl tonight, but please jacques do not put him on the ice in the last 10 minutes of a game unless it's to punch someone in the face.

greene struggled late - fatigue finally catching up? he and salvador have been really excellent these last few games (as far as i can tell, been mostly occupied with the yankees)

geez, i love chico, but his ramblings and pro-islanders stance made him a really tough listen in this one. he also said that biron being 8-12-4 with a 2.97 against new jersey wasn't bad, which is... c'mon, chico. that's terrible.

lastly, and i know i get on people for saying stuff like this, but there's a bunch of guys on this team who know they have to work every single shift to stay on the team. players like pikkarainen and peters and halischuk may not be the most talented, but i see the vague notion of a 'team' forming here.

Edited by Triumph

nice win. obviously would like to score more but not in the cards tonight.

bergfors has to be better on that first goal - he made a very poor decision in the zone to shoot the puck, then compounded it by being outworked at the other end. he'll learn there, i hope.

danis with an excellent game, dr33 said it before, but he is probably the best backup goalie the devils have ever had. this is good, as he should play 10-15 more games.

peters-zubrus-clarkson - crash line 2? i know peters finally looked like he might belong in the nhl tonight, but please jacques do not put him on the ice in the last 10 minutes of a game unless it's to punch someone in the face.

geez, i love chico, but his ramblings and pro-islanders stance made him a really tough listen in this one. he also said that biron being 8-12-4 with a 2.97 against new jersey wasn't bad, which is... c'mon, chico. that's terrible.

Chico also said that Greene is a very valuable part of the islanders team....And I agree with the peters-zubrus-clarkson line, I like that one.

Chalk up another 1 goal victory. 10 - 4 with all the injuries is a wonderful record. Best stat of the night was Rolston with 6 SOG.

Yeah, I'm very pleased with the start so far- how could you not be? They start the season without Elias, and the injuries have just mounted from there... I really give credit to the young guys stepping up their games- Zajac has brought his game to another level. Andy Greene has REALLY brought his game to another level. Bergfors has been very good. If not for these contributions, we'd be fvcked. Who says this organization can't produce good talent anymore?

Edited by MadDog2020

Good win. Patty looked great coming off the injury. Danis was more than solid. Rolston is heating up slightly.

Hard to think of anything in particular that they did bad.

I think Colin white was struggling early, that stupid hit on the Isles first powerplay gave me a flashback of the Canes series when he did the same thing resulting in a goal against. That hit put us down 3-on-5 and not long after those penalties expired the Isles scored.

I think midway through the second and all the third he had some timely hits and some good pinches to keep our forecheck alive, he also stood up some Isles on the rush at our blueline later in the third.

He redeemed himself.

lastly, and i know i get on people for saying stuff like this, but there's a bunch of guys on this team who know they have to work every single shift to stay on the team. players like pikkarainen and peters and halischuk may not be the most talented, but i see the vague notion of a 'team' forming here.

They really are starting to form into a strong team. There really is no other way to explain the success they are having. I mean the schedule has been pretty favorable thus far but considering the amount of injuries they have had to deal with (especially to important players) and certain players having slow starts, they are doing a tremendous job. I don't know about anybody else but even as the team is constituted now I still expect them to win every game they play. The best part about all of this is that they are only going to get better once they get healthy.

Edited by SickMan

lemaire must have seen something he liked in peters. i swear i saw him on the ice with about 5 minutes to play. good for him, hopefully the haters take a night off. and pikkarainen gets his first assist tonight.

i can't say how happy i am seeing this team gel even with all of the injuries. but they've got to start scoring more than 2 goals/gm.

I think Colin white was struggling early, that stupid hit on the Isles first powerplay gave me a flashback of the Canes series when he did the same thing resulting in a goal against. That hit put us down 3-on-5 and not long after those penalties expired the Isles scored.

I think midway through the second and all the third he had some timely hits and some good pinches to keep our forecheck alive, he also stood up some Isles on the rush at our blueline later in the third.

He redeemed himself.

i thought that was a weak call on colin in the first.

nah it was a fine call, it was definitely a late hit.

and yes, your eyes did not deceive you, peters did not miss a shift.

i don't know tri, i think if the hit wasn't as big as it was there would have been no call. doesn't really matter i guess.

and maybe someone can tell me why halischuk keeps getting a free pass so far this year. i know he is one of our future studs and one day i know i'll love the kid, but he has looked lost this year. i don't even think he has a point this season and he has been given every opportunity to succeed.

i don't know tri, i think if the hit wasn't as big as it was there would have been no call. doesn't really matter i guess.

not meaning to be pedantic, but you're absolutely right - that was the problem. but that's why it's a penalty - the league has had enough injuries this year. if white lets up, he may get away with that one.

and maybe someone can tell me why halischuk keeps getting a free pass so far this year. i know he is one of our future studs and one day i know i'll love the kid, but he has looked lost this year. i don't even think he has a point this season and he has been given every opportunity to succeed.

because lou didn't say something like 'we like what halischuk brings' or something like that. the reason the devils signed dean mcammond is partly imo matt halischuk - he will be in the AHL by monday, hopefully for a while. he has to get better at pretty much every aspect to be a successful NHL player.