Stanley Cup Finals Game Three: Devils Vs Ducks

devilsrule33

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how can anyone be worried. this was the best the ducks could muster and it took two brodeur gifts to get them to OT.

i have no doubts that it will take an act of god to get the ducks a win in game 4.

madden's wrist probably hurt him on faceoffs tonight. newy is missed in this aspect.

i will not even be concerned unless the devils are trailing in this series which is simply unimaginable to me.

I know this is going to be lost in the confusion, but I like seeing my own words on a message board so I'll post anyway...

For anyone blaming Brodeur for this loss.. whatever, it was a total fluke goal. The guy came up huge on a lot of plays, especially when the Ducks were driving.

Elias-Gomez-Marshall were the Devils best line. No one else came close except for the perpetually threatening John Madden.. the Ducks still don't have an answer for these guys.

The Devils need Nieuwendyk back in this series.. this was the first game that it showed. They absolutely need him back. Gionta's lost, Brylin can't play center for very long, and Friesen, while good, just isn't going to be given the room he was given in the first few games.

This isn't a game we should have won, or we should have lost. The team played well, the Ducks just came out with fire. Gigeure was not unreal at all, he was beatable. We just didn't get that third goal that would've sealed victory.

P.S. Colin White could you please stop checking your own players and injuring them?

What is this new trend that our own players always seem to hurt another one during the playoffs? :huh:

I was real concerned at first about Madden, but was glad he finished the game.

Those ESPN guys- I tell you. First the one jackass proclaims that the Ducks were def going to get a goal in the second- of course they do. Then they continue to harp on the fact that the faceoffs were going to come back to haunt NJ. Anyone shocked after that it was a shot off the faceoff loss that won the game for the Ducks? Only thing that shocked me was that it wasn't Rob Niederamyer who scored it- although he did move across in fron of the net as the guy took the shot. I swear if it wasn't for the delay factor, I'd mute the jackasses & just listen to the radio.

Final notes- how many times did the future-Mrs-Jiggy say "you know" in that ten second span? Also, how the heck old is Mommy Nieds anyway- somewhere deep down it's got to burn Scott up that she's on tv picking the Ducks.

OK- an hour later, and I still am hyper & pissed at the blown opportunity. :wacko:

Never a shock when this Burns Devils team can't score on the PP goal.

It cost them dearly in this game, they certainly had the chances.

Cups are won with special teams ..........Cups are lost without them.

It's 1-0 with 4 games to go ........best of 5 series.

Ducks have not shown their best game. They put on more pressure last night but didn't play that well. They were given the 3 goals by Marty, no excuses... it was all Marty's fault. He made so many saves last night but they were frightening saves..not enough to win and he let in soft and softer goals. He came out nervous and continue to show his nervousness. His eyes told the story he couldn't wait to get off the ice.

It happens that way sometimes. The Devils have always fallen apart when Marty doesn't show well on the first goal. The rest pof the players realize they must win it on their own and that difficult with the wealk offense and lack of PP.

My concern is it gave momentum to the Duicks to come out in game 4 and have one of their best game and win the game on their own. That will make the series 2-2 and the Devils will be the underdogs.

Marty looked so bad last night he hurt his chances for the MVP he must redeem himself, he shouldn't have to after so many great performances but it always the bad one that's remembered.

Burns you needed a PP strategy all year long and failed on that one. Devils could and should have won last night regardless of Marty 3 flubs

if the PP had scored. The Devils downfall.

The Ducks are now WILD. WILD DUCKS don't fly in formation. Watch out Devils this slop will cause you to lose the Cup.

GR, the Ducks have shown their best game. It was out there on the ice last night. The thing is, is that their best still took a gift and OT to produce a win. When a team brings their A game, which the Ducks did last night, they will capitalize on mistakes. What bothers me most about this loss is the Devils inability to finish in OT. Now that could cost a team the Cup.

LETS GO DEVILS! TWO MORE WINS!