We Are Winning Game 7

NJayDevil

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres enough veteran leadership and young desire on this team to simply overwhelm the Ducks in game 7. The Ducks have yet to see one. If you want to talk about nerves, look at Marty's performance in game 7, in Ottawa.

Although I am a little nervous, Monday's game should be fantastic. One thing about these Ducks, they are not the Carolina Hurricanes of 2002-2003 -they as players have my respect. Their management however, are very very moronic in nature.

Marty: 5-0 the game after letting in 4 or more goals.

There's the stat.

Njay, we lost Game 6 of the Finals 4-0, then dropped Game 7.

Maybe 4th goal was an empty-netter?

Either way, while Brodeur will be a factor in the game, I'm not hanging my hat on a stellar performance.

It will take a team effort.

blueskirt- the desire was there. they absolutely worked hard. but there was another team out there that worked just as hard and got bounces to go in the net where the devils did not. keep in mind that if the pp's weren't handed out so easily, the score is probably different. thomas isn't whacking away to go up 3-0. perhaps it's 2-1 and then you've got an entirely different game. at 3-0, the devils had to take chances. at 3-1 they were still taking chances and karyia gets the break up the wall where he blows it by marty.

don't let the score fool you, the devils played with heart

thomas isn't whacking away to go up 3-0. perhaps it's 2-1 and then you've got an entirely different game. at 3-0, the devils had to take chances.

Ah, perhaps if White prevented Thomas from whacking away the game would have been different. Tie up the stick, cardinal rule for any defenseman.

Can't say as I've been too happy with White's play out there in this series.

No doubt. I love White and still beleive he has matured quite a bit this year. However, he has made several Pee Wee type mistakes this series.

Stevens took a while to get the head in gear as well.

Is it time to put Dano in? Just for a spark perhaps?

No doubt. I love White and still beleive he has matured quite a bit this year. However, he has made several Pee Wee type mistakes this series.

Stevens took a while to get the head in gear as well.

Is it time to put Dano in? Just for a spark perhaps?

I wouldn't be against putting Dano in. Tivo and Tommy got caught in deep a few times tonight. Puting Dano in would be some needed emotional support.

Let's stick to the purpose of this thread shall we...we have to pull ourselves together ONE MORE TIME and BELIEVE!

Let's start with what I don't believe: I do not believe the Ducks will win 4 of 5 against us. I do not believe the Ducks will beat us IN OUR HOUSE where we are 11-1 this year during the playoffs with the Cup in the building. If nothing else, the law of averages says we have to get a home celebration. We were cheated out of one in 2000, cheated out of one in 2001, and cheated out of winning the East at home this year. This team has worked too damn hard all season to throw it away now. Marty will not be known as the all-time goat of hockey after his Game 3 performance.

What I do believe: The Devils will win Monday. They'll give us all heart attacks and win a one-goal game but they'll win. Mini-Pat 3, Aflacs 2. BOOK IT. :evil:

Regrettably it won't be overtime though :lol:

Ask those of us who were lucky enough to be there in '95.... it is a HUGE thrill to see your team skate the cup on home ice. I believe!!!

(BTW, does anyone else think Marty could be hurt?)

I was there, and yes, it was great. But the stress level was a different animal altogether than what it will be on Mon.

I think they didn't play that bad of a game despite the score. I just think they made a few mental errors that cost them, obviosuly. Mental errors they don't usually make. Whether it be Stevens skate turn in to the goal, White's stupid try to block the shot on Kariya's when you knew he couldn't, and his missed hit on Niedermayer I believe that led to the second goal. White has to be better, like I said sometimes he plays great like he has learned so much over the years. Often times, he plays like he's still a rookie making bad decisions and dumb penalties. They also CANNOT retaliate and take penalties. Let's also hope the referees are at least Paul Devorski and Bill McCreary, as I think it will be. I pray to not have Marouelli, he is godly awful.

Keys to game 7.

Pretty obvious.

1. First Goal

2. Ken Daneyko in for Tvo. THIS IS A MUST. That's the spice they need.

3. Martin Brodeur has to start playing like his name.

They score 3 goals, they are winning the game.