Throwback jerseys are out!

QuadeConnolly

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these actually authentic or fake-authentic? $99 almost seems too good to be true

Yeah, the wording here never says it's actually a Reebok Edge jersey... just "New Jersey Devils Double Stitched Jerseys are the ones worn by NHL players. They feature pro-weight fabric with all sewn-on graphics and fight strap. These jerseys are designed for fans seeking the same high quality as worn by their favorite players." Let us know when you get the jersey...

Heard this on HFboards (from a poster reading this) and ILL BE fvckING PISSED IF THEYRE GONE WHEN IM UP THERE TOMORROW!

Lol, I'm at the Rock right now and I picked up my jersey about a half an hour ago. There are still plenty. Don't know why someone from the store would say they ran out. :noclue:

Yeah, they had countless retro jerseys. Ordered my Zajac jersey, it'll be at my house in two weeks, I'm pumped. Also, I don't know if anyone pointed this out earlier, but they have retro player tees now. Dano and Chico are the only ones I remember. They're nice, but the only problem I have with them is under the bottom right the the NJ logo it says "est. 1982" or something.

Yeah, they had countless retro jerseys. Ordered my Zajac jersey, it'll be at my house in two weeks, I'm pumped. Also, I don't know if anyone pointed this out earlier, but they have retro player tees now. Dano and Chico are the only ones I remember. They're nice, but the only problem I have with them is under the bottom right the the NJ logo it says "est. 1982" or something.

I saw those tonight but for $30 that's crazy. Hopefully Modells will have them in stock soon.

Edited by SJP20

They said on the broadcast tonight that the jerseys were a limited-time offer, so now I don't know if I should put up the money for one now or take the risk and wait to see if they come out somewhere else cheaper. Tough decision.

Lol, I'm at the Rock right now and I picked up my jersey about a half an hour ago. There are still plenty. Don't know why someone from the store would say they ran out. :noclue:

This is the Devils, what do you expect? The right hand never knows what the left is doing. Of course there's the (cynical) possibility that the original poster lied about calling the Den and them saying they were out to keep the crowd down.

i just ordered an Langs edge jersey on jays sports shop. $99. ($199 - code "sale" at checkout gets $100 off) only catch is you can't customize. gotta pick from blank(which is even cheaper), Parise, Elias, Lans, Marty... too bad they're not selling these throwbacks outside the devils den..

Not to rain on your parade but I tried these guys out and it was nothing but a hassle. Jersey was a cheap knock off. Not even the right color. Held it up next to my $150 Reebok Edge and colors weren't even close. After returning it took them a month and a half to get back to me in regards to a refund. Hope it turns out better for you.

Yeah, they had Stevens, Dano, and Chico. I picked up a Dano and a Stevens.

I was thinking of getting one. Then I went to check them out in the Devils Den. I like the feel of them. (Although I was wearing the CCM jersey the Devils gave to season ticket holders after the lockout, and that jersey seemed to be a tad thicker.) I saw at least 4 red and green jerseys being sold in the 5 minutes I was there. Now it's me but I like to have a jersey that's a little different from the crowd. (ie not the most popular player,[ even though I broke down and got a Brodeur jersey last year] a patch, or an olympic or college jersey. That being said it looks like the red and greens are going to be very abundant at the arena. Good for the Devils and the people who want them. It just doesn't appeal to me. I'll just have to lose the weight so I can fit in my home white, jersey fouled (my name and #1 in iron-on numbers) from the '80's. B )

As for the retro hats, I went to many cap nights for the Devils through the years. I think I gave them charities years ago(with other old clothes.) I'll have to look and see if any are tucked away deep in my closets. I do remember one it was a red corduroy sponsored by Campbell's Soup with the red and green Devils logo on the front. :D