GDT Olympic Quarterfinals

eaglejelly

Who cares what Rangers fans try to say?!?!? That is totally irrelevant.

...it's not irrelevant at all. It's an analogy based on fans trying to discredit a goalie, with the team playing in front of him used as their argument.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...it's not irrelevant at all. It's an analogy based on fans trying to discredit a goalie, with the team playing in front of him used as their argument.

Yes it is. You are comparing what irrational RANGERS fans say to discredit Marty to what people are saying about Luongo with Canada now? Please show me where the Devils averaged 7.33 goals/game for. It is obvious that Luongo did not see the competition Brodeur did, AND he got nearly TRIPLE the goal support on top of it! 7.33 GOALS/FOR GAME > 2.5 GOALS/FOR GAME

...............yes......I do......... because I'm the one typing it as I write it......................... then I post it.

Do you actually look at the computer after you turn it on?

You should have read the 23 11 save shutout post more carefully then. You're way off and its not even close, unless Brodeur posted 22 of those shutouts between 1994 and 2001.

Yes it is. You are comparing what irrational RANGERS fans say to discredit Marty to what people are saying about Luongo with Canada now? Please show me where the Devils averaged 7.33 goals/game for. It is obvious that Luongo did not see the competition Brodeur did, AND he got nearly TRIPLE the goal support on top of it! 7.33 GOALS/FOR GAME > 2.5 GOALS/FOR GAME

It's a substitutive argument based on success Anthony. Luongo's statistics are being torn down based on Canada's bread & butter; goal scoring. Replace *goal-scoring with *neutral-zone-trap, and you have the exact same argument, in why Brodeur was neglected all those Vezina's.

Edited by Beezer34

Does Boyle get a suspension for that? I missed it and don't know if the puck was anywhere near Semin when Boyle took him down.

Probably not. If he was given a game misconduct for that then yes, he would get suspended, but since it was only an offsetting minor, I doubt there will be any repercussion.

Does Boyle get a suspension for that? I missed it and don't know if the puck was anywhere near Semin when Boyle took him down.

It wasn't. Really dirty play, I'll be surprised if Boyle doesn't get suspended, he made that play completely just to do something illegal to Semin, and do a play that is dangerous enough that it can cause a lot of harm.

It's a substitutive argument based on success Anthony. Luongo's statistics are being torn down based on Canada's bread & butter; goal scoring. Replace *goal-scoring with *neutral-zone-trap, and you have the exact same argument, in why Brodeur was neglected all those Vezina's.

Terrible argument. You cannot associate any NUMBERS with the stupid NZT argument. You can DEFINE Canada's goal scoring in the games Luongo played, and it is 23 total over 3 games. (8, 8, 7) 7.66 GOALS/GAME

3-0 record, with a 1.65 GAA. vs 1-1 record, with a 3.00 GAA. The Canadians are one victory away from playing in the Gold Medal game... Babcock aint lamenting benching Marty, trust me.

Those are some seriously flawed stats.

...the games over, are my stats okay now?

btw, I read this post prior to posting.

Edited by Beezer34

Terrible argument. You cannot associate any NUMBERS with the stupid NZT argument. You can DEFINE Canada's goal scoring in the games Luongo played, and it is 23 total over 3 games. (8, 8, 7) 7.66 GOALS/GAME

...the analogy was perfect. It's the same argument.

A fan taking the point-of-view that the goalie position is that of a passenger, based on being a product of their teams scoring, defense, scheme, whatever. At the end of the day, bellyaching is bellyaching.

Oh, Semin was chippy at the end? Wasn't that the same type of hits Canada was throwing earlier in the game along with praise? Oh, right, Semin is supposed to not do legal things because the score of the game is out of hand.

I agree it's probably not needed for Semin to have killed Boyle but I can't kill him like he did something illegal and then excuse a pretty dangerous play afterward because of it.

Did anyone see what Boyle just did to Semin? If he did that in an NHL game, he'd be scheduled for reconstructive facial surgery about a half an hour from now.

first of all the announcers were such homers it was almost impossible to listen to

The Semin hit was legal

The Boyle slew foot should result in his death... pos

Millbury just called the Russians Euro trash... OMG.. and Roenick agreed.. said the Russians were intimidated from the beginning

Too bad Semin is a huge puss and just took it....I was hoping for some type of entertaining scrap there after I watched a terrible game....

I'm honestly surprised no one else from their team went after Boyle. I would've broken his fvcking eye sockets for pulling a bullsh!t move like that.

...the analogy was perfect. It's the same argument.

A fan taking the point-of-view that the goalie position is that of a passenger, based on being a product of their teams scoring, defense, scheme, whatever. At the end of the day, bellyaching is bellyaching.

They are NOT analogous as much as you want us to believe that they are. This whole thing started when people pointed out that A. Brodeur played much tougher opposition than Luongo did up until this point and B. They scored ALOT more goals for Lu than Marty. (7.66/game vs 2.5/game) YOU tried to incorporate all of these other arguments that have NOTHING to do with what we were talking about. People are praising Luongo as if he is some savior. Marty could have done EXACTLY what he did in those 3 games. (all he had to do was allow 7 goals or less in each of the first 2 games, and 6 goals or less tonight) EDIT: You may be able to get an application for the Official "He Man Brodeur Haters Club" from LucifersDog...

Edited by ThreeCups

Milbury and Roenick are f'n jokes. So, slew footing is perfectly acceptable if you felt the hit you just took was unnecessary late in a hockey game? Absolute bull.

That's as bad as when Crosby cheapshotted and low-blowed that guy in a fight last year because he thought he may have tweaked his knee when the guy hit him.

first of all the announcers were such homers it was almost impossible to listen to

The Semin hit was legal

The Boyle slew foot should result in his death... pos

Millbury just called the Russians Euro trash... OMG.. and Roenick agreed.. said the Russians were intimidated from the beginning

Yeah, when the fvck did "Edzo" become a Canadian? There was absolutely nothing wrong with Semin's hit on Boyle, but to listen to Olczyk talk about it you would've thought Semin stabbed Boyle in the face with a machete.