GDT Olympic Quarterfinals

eaglejelly

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3-0 record, with a 1.65 GAA. vs 1-1 record, with a 3.00 GAA. The Canadians are one victory away from playing in the Gold Medal game... Babcock aint lamenting benching Marty, trust me.

Benching Marty was fine, it had to be done because he wasn't performing well at all. What he said was there was no reason to piss all over Marty's goaltending style.

...the analogy was perfect. It's the same argument.

A fan taking the point-of-view that the goalie position is that of a passenger, based on being a product of their teams scoring, defense, scheme, whatever. At the end of the day, bellyaching is bellyaching.

Dude, I'm the first one who said that Marty deserved to lose his spot, but to say that Luongo's three wins had anything to do with him is absurd.

And comparing three wins when your offense scored no less than seven goals in each of those games with the fact that Marty played behind a neutral zone trap (just like virtually every friggn' team in the league) is just asinine. I'll venture a guess and say you didn't do too well on the analogy part of the SATs.

Yeah, when the fvck did "Edzo" become a Canadian? There was absolutely nothing wrong with Semin's hit on Boyle, but to listen to Olczyk talk about it you would've thought Semin stabbed Boyle in the face with a machete.

Do you stab with a machete or is it more of a slash type movement? Just busting your shoes man lol.

As for Olczyk, yeah he was pretty dumb with his comments on that hit. I like him for the post part. He seems to know the game well but he can also say some stupid things once in a while.

Yeah, when the fvck did "Edzo" become a Canadian? There was absolutely nothing wrong with Semin's hit on Boyle, but to listen to Olczyk talk about it you would've thought Semin stabbed Boyle in the face with a machete.

quite frankly I do not know where all of the Russian hate comes from..

there was a terrible spin put on for a large hockey audience by these terrible announcers

in the post game Millbury called the Russians Euro trash, JR agreed ... NBC is going to take heat on that

and they then condoned Boyle coming up from behind, after the play was over by 10 seconds and slew footing Semin

sad 10 minutes for hockey on the big stage

Do you stab with a machete or is it more of a slash type movement? Just busting your shoes man lol.

As for Olczyk, yeah he was pretty dumb with his comments on that hit. I like him for the post part. He seems to know the game well but he can also say some stupid things once in a while.

Yeah I normally like Eddie o- he's a good color guy and he knows the game inside and out, but some of his comments tonight were beyond idiotic. At least we didn't have to put up with pecker-head between the glass though.

Edited by MadDog2020

It's too bad the bracket turned out the way it did. I would have liked to see Canada play Switzerland today. The way Switzerland played today, I think Canada would have been the ones packing their suitcases tonight. Got to give kudos to the Swiss, they played with heart.

Incredibly disappointing game to watch. Thank god for red wine, it was the only thing I liked about the game. Well, and my TV and couch. But seriously, outside of the couch, the TV, and the wine, it was very disappointing. And the.......... :)

It's too bad the bracket turned out the way it did. I would have liked to see Canada play Switzerland today. The way Switzerland played today, I think Canada would have been the ones packing their suitcases tonight. Got to give kudos to the Swiss, they played with heart.

Agreed, they left it all on the ice.

Edited by jim777

quite frankly I do not know where all of the Russian hate comes from..

there was a terrible spin put on for a large hockey audience by these terrible announcers

in the post game Millbury called the Russians Euro trash, JR agreed ... NBC is going to take heat on that

and they then condoned Boyle coming up from behind, after the play was over by 10 seconds and slew footing Semin

sad 10 minutes for hockey on the big stage

Yeah, I don't really get it m... it's not like they were playing to a Canadian audience or something. Whatever, I just hope Sweden takes a massive dump in Canada's mouth.

:doh1:

Edited by MadDog2020

They are NOT analogous as much as you want us to believe that they are. This whole thing started when people pointed out that A. Brodeur played much tougher opposition than Luongo did up until this point and B. They scored ALOT more goals for Lu than Marty. (7.66/game vs 2.5/game) YOU tried to incorporate all of these other arguments that have NOTHING to do with what we were talking about. People are praising Luongo as if he is some savior. Marty could have done EXACTLY what he did in those 3 games. (all he had to do was allow 7 goals or less in each of the first 2 games, and 6 goals or less tonight) EDIT: You may be able to get an application for the Official "He Man Brodeur Haters Club" from LucifersDog...

Not only are you simply repeating yourself, but you're getting into logistics.. and at that point this discussion is over. You continue to move away from the underlined theme: undermining a players success based on the talent around him. It's no different that what Luongo is going through now.. nor does it differ from a quarterback being considered "overrated" based on his WR's and\or offensive-line. It's all the same.

Though I rarely agree with Crash on anything, he is 100% (at least) on one thing. The bleeding hearts for Marty, that can't get it through their head.. he is not the goalie he once was. I understand how difficult it must be to argue for a 38 year olds' current relevance, in a sport that's dominated by youth.. but for Christ sake, some of you should seriously give it a try. This is the main reason why I try not to argue about anything Brodeur related on this (or any) forum for that matter.. because it always end's the same. The conversation jumps 500 times.. you're labeled a "Troll" by fans who became fans in 2003.. and (in an argument on where Brodeur is NOW) you become mobbed on Marty's resume instead of the topic at hand.

EDIT: The LucifersDog joke was weak Ant. I expected more from you.

Edited by Beezer34

I didn't hear the comment. What brought that about? Or just general Milbury stupidity?

Just Canadian homerism driving Milllbury stupidity

Am I the only one who notices that Milbury is, shall we say, a little muted when the discussion turns to Luongo? I mean Mark Parish and Oleg Kvasha were great players.

great post

I'm not aware of Isles history. I know he did the lovly Chara/spezza for Yashin trade. Did MM trade Luongo, too?!!?! :giggle:

"He has traded away defensemen Zdeno Chara, Wade Redden, Bryan Berard, Eric Brewer, Darius Kasparaitis, and Bryan McCabe; goalies Roberto Luongo and Tommy Salo, as well as forwards Olli Jokinen, Todd Bertuzzi, Tim Connolly, and Raffi Torres. Milbury has also come under fire for his draft day decisions such as choosing Rick DiPietro first overall in 2000 over Dany Heatley and Marian Gaborik; as well as his decision to include the 2001 second overall draft pick (Jason Spezza) as part of the Alexei Yashin trade."

This man shouldn't even be legally allowed to have an opinion on anything hockey related.