2010 NFL thread

MadDog2020

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/video_jets_coach_signs_bus_soon_g0CJ9n4xWO3llQQ6yHgu2K

BTW, surprised no one else posted this yet- Fat Rex is now one-upping Joe Willie, and putting his guarantees in writing. I am looking forward to beating the Jets and watching them crash and burn like no other year before.

Edited by MadDog2020

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/video_jets_coach_signs_bus_soon_g0CJ9n4xWO3llQQ6yHgu2K

BTW, surprised no one else posted this yet- Fat Rex is now one-upping Joe Willie, and putting his guarantees in writing. I am looking forward to beating the Jets and watching them crash and burn like no other year before.

wait so you don't think a 9 win team with 2 gift wrapped wins is the Super Bowl favorite? Shows what you know

Not saying I don't understand why you and most of the non-Jets rooting world dislikes Rex but as a fellow Mets fan I wonder how you felt when Davey said in '86 Spring Training that we're not only going to win, we're going to dominate.

Speaking of the Jets, even I had to laugh at this little blurb (parody) on the Revis holdout by sportspickle.com:

http://www.sportspickle.com/might-have-heard:296/jets-to-attempt-blockade-of-revis-island

Edited by Hasan4978

Has, Rex is the type of coach that when he's coaching your team you love his crass, unapologetic, boldness. But when he's on the opposing sideline then you hate his arrogant, self righteous, BS....

Exactly. You love a guy like Fat Rex when he's on your side, but when he's not, you can't stand him. And I can't stand him. And Has- as much as I do remember and love that '86 team, I was only 7 at the time so I really didn't have a reaction to what Davey said because well... I was 7 lol. But I can tell you this- had I been able to understand sports like an adult at that point, I would've fvcking loved it.

I'd hate it as my coach too.....I cringe each time someone mentions the Cowboys possibly having a Super Bowl home game this year

While I do talk big and loud.... I don't like letting my mouth write checks my ass gotta cash :P

While I miss Rex on our sidelines as DC, I am not quite sure about him as HC. The Jets were basically a .500 that entered the playoffs because the Colts didn't take them as serious contenders. I still remember Rex lamenting how the "Jets didn't make the playoffs" before the gift in Indy.

Will love to see how he handles all the disciplinary issue players he has just inherited. It's good to talk the talk, but he is going to have to back it up. I don't think the Jets can without Revis.

Edited by MantaRay

While I miss Rex on our sidelines as DC, I am not quite sure about him as HC. The Jets were basically a .500 team.

I think that's a fair assessment. And when the Colts were ready to play when it mattered, Peyton Manning sure picked apart that Jet defense, didn't he?

As for how the Jets will fare without Revis, I think the defense will be good without him (but not as good).

My bigger questions are on the other side of the ball. How much better is Sanchez, can Shonn Greene continue to get it done and stay on the field, does Tomlinson have ANYTHING left, is Braylon Edwards more than a waste of space, will the new guys fit in?

I think that's a fair assessment. And when the Colts were ready to play when it mattered, Peyton Manning sure picked apart that Jet defense, didn't he?

As for how the Jets will fare without Revis, I think the defense will be good without him (but not as good).

My bigger questions are on the other side of the ball. How much better is Sanchez, can Shonn Greene continue to get it done and stay on the field, does Tomlinson have ANYTHING left, is Braylon Edwards more than a waste of space, will the new guys fit in?

Those are HUGE question marks on the O side. I think Sanchez has the potential to be a top QB in a few years, Shonn Greene doesn't look like he can handle the heavy lifitng that Thomas Jones did. If LT still had something he would have been kept by SD. I think Edwards will have a good year, but I think the Jets will see alot of third and long.

If I were a Jet fan, I'd be concerned that a ball control/defense team downgraded their running back, unless they plan on becoming an aerial show/defense team, in which case they'll need Sanchez to be very very good. And while I think he can be, and will be given every opportunity to be, I don't think it's this year.

And for the record, the Jets pass defense could be really feast or famine without Revis, considering that Rex likes to leave his corners one-on-one and rush a safety in the jailbreak blitz. If they try that with...well, whoever will be replacing Revis if he holds out...they're going to get killed by opponents' #2 receivers.

The Jets are gonna be interesting to watch, that's for sure. I have yet to be impressed by Sanchez, but the running game could take pressure off him. And with Greene being a bit of a question himself, Tomlinson could take pressure off him. Of course, Tomlinson is yet another question mark.

The closest thing to a certainty I see for the Jets' offense is Santonio, and his off-field liabilities make him anything but a sure thing. But if he can keep his sh!t together, he is just ridiculously talented. He's yet another factor that could take some heat off Sanchez.

They're definitely the easy pre-season pick for Team To Watch, maybe not even because they'll be so good, but just because there's so much to watch for. Will certain players be good? What will Rex say? How many women will Cromartie impregnate? Possibilities, possibilities ...

If I were a Jet fan, I'd be concerned that a ball control/defense team downgraded their running back, unless they plan on becoming an aerial show/defense team, in which case they'll need Sanchez to be very very good. And while I think he can be, and will be given every opportunity to be, I don't think it's this year.

And for the record, the Jets pass defense could be really feast or famine without Revis, considering that Rex likes to leave his corners one-on-one and rush a safety in the jailbreak blitz. If they try that with...well, whoever will be replacing Revis if he holds out...they're going to get killed by opponents' #2 receivers.

I am concerned. I have spoken to fellow Jet fans who are confident that this offense will be world's better than last year's and that this is an 11-win team, but there's too many ifs for my liking.

Here's the good news about Revis. His absence is sucking all the media attention away from Sanchez. I like that.

Not many will agree with me, but I'll go to war with Cromartie, Dwight Lowery and Kyle Wilson. I'd rather have Revis (who the hell wouldn't?), but that's a good group of corners ... with a Rex Ryan defense, more than adequate.

I am concerned. I have spoken to fellow Jet fans who are confident that this offense will be world's better than last year's and that this is an 11-win team, but there's too many ifs for my liking.

Here's the good news about Revis. His absence is sucking all the media attention away from Sanchez. I like that.

Not many will agree with me, but I'll go to war with Cromartie, Dwight Lowery and Kyle Wilson. I'd rather have Revis (who the hell wouldn't?), but that's a good group of corners ... with a Rex Ryan defense, more than adequate.

Not too sure about that Jerry.

To me, Revis WAS the defense last year.

Teams were able to throw on Cromartie last year and both Lowery & Wilson are very, very inexperienced. especially in such a defense that emphasizes M2M coverage.

Add to the fact that Jones and Fancea helped keep the D off the field last year for long periods of time. Although I think Brian Schott is one of the leagues best OC, I don't expect the same potent ground game as last year which will make a difference in the 4th Quarter on D.

You mean you'd go to war with this guy?

You mean you'd go to war with this guy?

:rofl:

I think the best part of this whole Revis fail is that half the reason he's holding out for all this stupid money is Fat Boy Rex talked him up SO MUCH, he really bought into all of it .... and it's already blowing up in their faces :P......I only wish I was willing to waste the money on HBO, this could be some epic comedy this year!

:rofl:

I think the best part of this whole Revis fail is that half the reason he's holding out for all this stupid money is Fat Boy Rex talked him up SO MUCH, he really bought into all of it .... and it's already blowing up in their faces :P......I only wish I was willing to waste the money on HBO, this could be some epic comedy this year!

That is inaccurate Crasher. He is holding out for all this stupid money because of stupid Al Davis.

That is inaccurate Crasher. He is holding out for all this stupid money because of stupid Al Davis.

Yeah, I think that's a much bigger factor than Rexy throwing bouquets at Revis.

This stat amazed me: Last year, Raider opponents threw at a receiver covered by Asomugha 30-something times. Revis was thrown at over 100 times.

How do you explain that? My guess is that the Jets were better than the Raiders at disguising their defense. Anyone wanna take a stab at that one?

Yeah, I think that's a much bigger factor than Rexy throwing bouquets at Revis.

This stat amazed me: Last year, Raider opponents threw at a receiver covered by Asomugha 30-something times. Revis was thrown at over 100 times.

How do you explain that? My guess is that the Jets were better than the Raiders at disguising their defense. Anyone wanna take a stab at that one?

Well, Asomugha is widely feared as a top cover corner, so reputation is part of it.

I would say that the Raiders' abyssmal run defesne (bottom of the league, for sure) had something to do with it as well.

I would be curious as to what the stats were for balls thrown at Asomugha versus balls thrown at Revis for a comparison.

Well that's one factor...along with the Leon Washington situation (he played without his contract last year, got hurt and then dumped), Sean Gilbert being related to him - the former defensive end who held out for a year but got his money and Revis's own greed since he did hold out before he ever played a game and wants Asomugha money without finishing his rookie contract like Asomugha did and becoming a UFA.

I think the best part of this whole Revis fail is that half the reason he's holding out for all this stupid money is Fat Boy Rex talked him up SO MUCH

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this from non-Jets fans and the media. Revis plays in NY and is a cover corner who destroyed the likes of Andre Johnson, Randy Moss (twice), Ochocinco twice, Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, TO twice, etc...you think the whole world somehow wouldn't have known about him if Rex had a gag on? Besides, all coaches pump up their players, but it isn't a big deal when the Colts say Peyton's the best QB in the world since he's not holding out.

Edited by Hasan4978