Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's elimination/clinching scenario:

A loss for the Avs (OT or not) mean they'll finish 8th or the Wings get a point or more from Columbus.

The big one:

Both Habs and Flyers will clinch if the Rangers lose (OT or not).

Boston will clinch if the Rags lose in regulation.

Edited by Devil Fan

Both teams stink. I don't want the Devils to face either team, not so much that I'm worried about an upset, but more because the 1st round will become a complete circus if they play either team. That holds true even more for the Rangers.

Edited by Sickman

i don't think there's a real difference, and one period isn't going to decide things for me.

It's not one period, just look at their last 2-3 weeks. The Rangers are motivated and they feed off their loud fans. They have a very good goalie who can steal games. Their bottom two lines are stepping up in a huge way and contributing with every shift. The Flyers are pretty one-dimensional in comparison.

On paper, the Rangers suck ass. But everything is going right for them right now, and I wouldn't want them in the playoffs.

It's not one period, just look at their last 2-3 weeks. The Rangers are motivated and they feed off their loud fans. They have a very good goalie who can steal games. Their bottom two lines are stepping up in a huge way and contributing with every shift. The Flyers are pretty one-dimensional in comparison.

On paper, the Rangers suck ass. But everything is going right for them right now, and I wouldn't want them in the playoffs.

You have to remember that a big reason why this game is even important for the Rangers tonight is because the Devils failed to convert enough against them and made some dumb mistakes the last time they played. I mean New Jersey just dominated the Rangers that night, and the prior game as well. I really wouldn't worry about this team.

Edited by Sickman

i don't think there's any reason why that performance of the 4th line would continue besides artem anisimov being much better than the average 4th line player.

i mean, the rangers can very easily just lose this game and then what. either way it's very unlikely new jersey plays the rangers.

I don't disagree with most of this except the bolded...they've actually been pretty shaky at home this year. Even now most of this great streak they've had has been on the road.