Devils VS Flyers

Sickman

This is the only series I expect to sweep. There is nothing about the Flyers that scares me. They are too prone to panic if they get behind. Boucher is not the type of goalie especially now that is going to save them.

If the Devils score the first two goals in game one this series is over. The Flyers have made the playoffs in spite of themselves and will completely collapse once a modicum of doubt gets in there heads.

I did not expect this post from you Manta.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this is just taking the flyers way too lightly and putting too much importance on game 1.

the devils looked like they wouldn't lose a period much less a game after game 1 vs. the canes last year.

not to mention, we got 2-0 leads on the Flyers two times in a row... and lost both games

This is the only series I expect to sweep. There is nothing about the Flyers that scares me. They are too prone to panic if they get behind. Boucher is not the type of goalie especially now that is going to save them.

If the Devils score the first two goals in game one this series is over. The Flyers have made the playoffs in spite of themselves and will completely collapse once a modicum of doubt gets in there heads.

You realize we blew 2-0 leads on them in consecutive games during the regular season.

what is pissing me off the most is that... i know that Brodeur is playing really well lately... but those damn flyers are always scoring those sh!tty lucky goals that the goaltender can't do anything about it... hit 3-4 skates/faces/knees/pads...etc then go in... lol

there's nothing to do really against that... and the big problem is that the devils for some reason if they have the lead to stay put in their zone and thats when sh!tty goals like that happen... and also we all know how good we are clear the puck out off the zone when we have to (big sarcasm here...)it cost us the series last year and against philly its gonna be even worst if we stay in our zone...

so let's pray that they get lots of penalties and that we can keep the puck away from our zone

This is where we see if JL's still got it. If he keeps them confident, even if the Flyers get some good breaks, we win the series easily. If he can't keep them from getting tight, it gets real interesting. With Boucher in net, they just shouldn't be that good.

This is where we see if JL's still got it. If he keeps them confident, even if the Flyers get some good breaks, we win the series easily. If he can't keep them from getting tight, it gets real interesting. With Boucher in net, they just shouldn't be that good.

How many times have we said that in the past? Damian Rhodes, Kevin Weekes, Robert Esche? I can't buy the goalie being bad as much as his stats and career say he is when he's actually played well down the stretch and is confident against us.

I guess it comes down to if this team can find that extra gear. I look back at a team like the 95 squad. Who the hell would have ever predicted that they would be as dominant as they turned out to be? You just never know. I'd never pick against New Jersey but I believe that this team has more to offer then just trying to advance past the first round. They frustrated the living sh!t out of me for a few months but the pieces are here for the most part. Philly is a solid team but they should wind up being nothing more then one rung on the ladder.

How many times have we said that in the past? Damian Rhodes, Kevin Weekes, Robert Esche? I can't buy the goalie being bad as much as his stats and career say he is when he's actually played well down the stretch and is confident against us.

johan holmqvist, mike vernon (twice), blaine lacher, jocelyn thibault, johan hedberg.. yeah this team struggles against mediocre goaltending, historically.

More reading stuff to kill time.

The possibly most entertaining series of the playoffs. Devils vs. Flyers rank #1

Star Power: 8. Olympic hero Zach Parise(notes) and goaltending legend Martin Brodeur(notes) vs. Flyers captain Mike Richards(notes) and Human Elbow Machine Chris Pronger(notes). The rating gets a boost with Ilya Kovalchuk(notes) on the Devils, playing in his first playoff since 2007.

Upset Possibility: 8. It's a division rivalry between geographic foes, which means a crossover of fans in either arena and all bets being off. Also, Philly was 5-1 against the Devils this season. Also, the Devils haven't escaped the first round since 2007.

Coach Insanity Factor: 3. Peter Laviolette can bring the wild-eyed yelling on the bench, but Jacques Lemaire came here to chew bubble gum and glare intensely.